ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman goes off on reporter for "false" recruiting stories

Rutgerscc

All Conference
Jan 27, 2012
Manayunk
Check this out, we're talking full-on screaming towards the end:

From what I understand, one of the hosts (John Lopez) inaccurately reported that Herman and Kyle Allen (former A&M QB) met in Houston when he actually didn't. You can pick either side, but it's still fun to see a coach go after someone reporting false information.. although he did sound just a little crazy towards the end.

For those of you at work (borrowed from user ou77-am0 at reddit):

Edit: so five minutes in and it's getting slightly heated but nothing too crazy. Herman used a fire analogy that wasn't too bad.

Edit: six minutes in and Herman just half-yelled "can I finish???" when he felt cut off. Interesting.

Edit: Herman - "this guy 'Nick' decides to be a funny guy and attack people close to me."

Edit: Host calling Herman out for countering his own words. And is spot on. Damn. I'm so hooked right now.

Edit: Herman is now defining the word "meet." Host saying that arguing the semantics of "meet" is beneath Herman. Not the one Herman called in to berate.

Edit: Herman just said the hosts were every unprofessional for cutting him off. They were apologetic and allowed him to continue. I'm not going to lie, these hosts are handling this very well.

Edit: "I'M NOT DONE, GUYS." "Okay, let us know when you're done."

Edit: damn Herman, you accuse them of cutting you off while cutting them off. Not looking good.

Edit: Herman is now laughing condescendingly. After having a moment of a high pitch yell that was unintelligible. Fascinating.

Edit: Host just said "I respect you but I don't think we're going to agree on this, coach, okay?" Herman: "NO THAT'S NOT OKAY!!!" Crazy.

Edit. Okay. The ending was amazing.

Herman asks Nick (the host he's mad at) if he knows what the smell test is. Nick is a bit taken aback and basically asks Herman if he's serious.

Herman: "who are you man??? How old are you? Of course I'm serious!!!"

Then Herman says "Tom, I look forward to reading your articles in the future and I hope you get them right."

Final exchange is the best:

Nick: Can we get lunch?
Herman: Who is this?
Nick: Nick
Herman: absolutely not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News