ADVERTISEMENT

Top 20 Bigs in CBB - The Athletic. Big Cliff is #11

I guess the author isn’t aware who last seasons big ten defensive player of the year was.

Cliff is in my opinion the second best center in the conference. However, he has made Edey look like a little boy a few times.

11. Cliff Omoruyi | 6-11 center | senior | Rutgers

Omoruyi has been one of the best true bigs in the country over the last two years, consistently dominating the glass and the interior on defense…
I think ranking is in about the right range. Clearly elite (top 3) from defensive side, but on offensive side has shown clear limitations. Balance is probably around 10 ish ranking.

So #11 is ranked #11. Probably could be a little higher, but still pretty amazing with something like 360 D1 teams out there.

11. Cliff Omoruyi | 6-11 center | senior | Rutgers

Omoruyi has been one of the best true bigs in the country over the last two years, consistently dominating the glass and the interior on defense…
I guess they didn’t see that he was measured at 6’9 at the NBA camp

I guess they didn’t see that he was measured at 6’9 at the NBA camp
The NBA just started measuring players without their shoes. Older players in the NBA were measured in their shoes. That explains why some guys appear taller than current guys coming into the NBA. With shoes, Cliff is likely 6'11. Without shoes, Cliff is 6'9 3/4.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT