ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 Recruits You Got Excited For (past 25 years)

In no particular order: Savage, Berk, Fortay, Robinson, Teel

Whenever a highly touted QB signed on, it was gold. Fortay coming home was a big thing back then, even though he was basically beaten out by Ray Lucas. It gave you hope that we'd be able to overcome some other shortcomings and eventually get much better players. It's probably why we're hanging on every utterance from JG/Haskins.

1. Anthony Davis...still can't believe he came here and when he did.
2. Darius Hamilton...a little less surprising since we had more winning seasons strung together by that point.
3. Tom Savage
4. Berkeley Hutchinson
5. Muller/Denman - locking up these two major OL prospects from PSU's backyard was flat out awesome.

I have had TERRRRIBBBLE LUCK with my recruits I have been excited for-this is my top list in order(and this is a real list)

5)Jeff Minemyer
4)Jacob Kraut
3)Savon Huggins
2)Tom Savage
1)Myles Shuler

My top basketball recruits have done even worse for me. Lets hope Sanders breaks that streak because I am more excited about him than I am for any other recruit in any sport.

Huggins and Savage are top 2 no doubt.

With Anthony Davis, I kind of had a feeling he was going to pick RU so that took some of the excitement out of it. I honestly didnt think Huggins was going to pick us and Savage is a QB who was in the Elite 11 camp.

Originally posted by RUinPAC10land:
1. Davis
2. Huggins
3. Hamilton
4. Savage
5. Coleman
This is prolly the best list I have seen.. but I would have to say Britt and Nate Robinson and Rikki Cook need spots too. Funny how Rice and Leonard did not get us excited. I would also say Coleman and Sanu had similar early positive vibe. I also think a fullback.. Darian Barnes? or maybe one who never showed up.. got us all excited.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT