ADVERTISEMENT

Football Transfer DB Brendon White Committed!

Greg has paying dividends already. 3 good transfers though one often injured, a couple of late pickups such as Bosco RB1 - the right kids decommitting to make room and if he can pull in Berger - then this class is twice as good as what Ash had been putting together.
This kid, White, is a great get. A real player from an elite school that has no “ifs” in his closet.

Reactions: satnom and leonh71
You know those beautiful pictures you see of Utah with the arches and crazy colors, I feel like we are seeing this built right before us.

Reactions: MURF87
He will be your best defensive player next year. A lot of Buckeye fans really like him, but the scheme we started running this year only plays a single safety spot more like a free safety(Jordan fullers position) and 3 CB. White is more a strong safety.

A lot of us thought he would get a lot of playing time in the bullet position ( sort of a hybrid outside linebacker) but Pete Werner was better at it. White just didn't fit the linebacker role as well, and was kind of left as a backup because we just didn't have a good spot for him in our scheme

I expect a lot of unhappy Buckeyes on defense to look your way. White was a leader on that defense.
No he wasn't a leader. He played mostly in the 2nd half after the outcome had already been decided. Wasn't so much him as it was the scheme (3 CBs and 1 safety). Very good player but just wasn't going to see playing time. Very good pickup for Rutgers

Reactions: dontestrond
Depending on the academic schedule of the particular school it can be easy or hard to graduate in 3, also depending on the Major.

40 credits per year X 3 = 120 credits.

15/15 and something on line and in summer school and you're gawn ...

Edit: It us always so impressive these students graduate in 3 years with all the football requirements when most of us (including myself) took 4 with no major additional commitments. Kudos to all of athletes that achieve this.

Some students do it very easily. Look at University of North Carolina football players. They didn't even need to attend class and they got degrees.

Is he still on the current OSU roster? I'm surprised he didn't wait until the end of the playoff to commit.

Good pickup...to bad he isn't a FS. I thought Izien at SS was one of the better performers this past season. They need to figure out how to get them on the field together. Izien's tackling is very good

Welcome to the Banks!
I disagree with the post above, our Tackling from the Safety spots was awful this season...

Speed speed speed speed and more speed, can’t stress that enough with this pick up because this dude has plenty of it

Welcome to the Banks!
I disagree with the post above, our Tackling from the Safety spots was awful this season...
I stand by post...Izien is a good tackler. Missed tackles by safeties is usually a result of being out of position , which leads to bad angles. Good coaching will clean that up. Usually when in position to make the tackle Izien did pretty well

As other have alluded to, this is not your typical can’t crack the two deep transfer. This guy was good his sophomore year and won the rose bowl mvp. He has all big 10 potential.

I am a bit intrigued by his current situation though. If he is going the grad transfer route, I’m assuming he will need to stay for spring semester? Why leave the team when you have a chance to win a championship? I wonder if the people in the blackshear thread will come here to denounce his “quitting”.

Reactions: Peteyd
He will be your best defensive player next year. A lot of Buckeye fans really like him, but the scheme we started running this year only plays a single safety spot more like a free safety(Jordan fullers position) and 3 CB. White is more a strong safety.

A lot of us thought he would get a lot of playing time in the bullet position ( sort of a hybrid outside linebacker) but Pete Werner was better at it. White just didn't fit the linebacker role as well, and was kind of left as a backup because we just didn't have a good spot for him in our scheme
Nice info, thanks! And good luck in the CFP!

I assume that's why he says secret 20th member. He probably had been waiting for his final grades to clear so he can say he transfers as a graduate.

Edit: It us always so impressive these students graduate in 3 years with all the football requirements when most of us (including myself) took 4 with no major additional commitments. Kudos to all of athletes that achieve this.

4...I know some that took 5 years and taking 12 credits per semester....lol

4...I know some that took 5 years and taking 12 credits per semester....lol
Ya well, if you are not taking summer classes, you are not finishing school in 4 years taking 12 credits a semester.

I would know as it took me about 12 years to graduate.

As other have alluded to, this is not your typical can’t crack the two deep transfer. This guy was good his sophomore year and won the rose bowl mvp. He has all big 10 potential.

I am a bit intrigued by his current situation though. If he is going the grad transfer route, I’m assuming he will need to stay for spring semester? Why leave the team when you have a chance to win a championship? I wonder if the people in the blackshear thread will come here to denounce his “quitting”.

Let's say he got confirmation he met all the requirements today to graduate. If he wanted to be here for spring semester when would he have to apply by?

Edit: for football I'm pretty sure they could get him processed in days, so doubt this is reason. Maybe he told coaches and they told him he won't be on the playoff team?

I wonder if the people in the blackshear thread will come here to denounce his “quitting”.
I think from a Rutgers perspective, the legit concern with Blackshear, as opposed to White, is he quit on Rutgers, and some of the returning players may hold resentment against him.

We as fans should welcome White as well as Blackshear if they decide to play here.

This is exactly what the program needs, great young men on and off the field. Excited to see him play.

No he wasn't a leader. He played mostly in the 2nd half after the outcome had already been decided. Wasn't so much him as it was the scheme (3 CBs and 1 safety). Very good player but just wasn't going to see playing time. Very good pickup for Rutgers
Im talking about 2018 with Schiano

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT