ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer ticket heads up

spas89

Freshman
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2004
Maybe it’s just me but had some trouble transferring tickets for Wednesday game to a friend. He has a Comcast email and never git his email to accept the transfer in his email or his junk/spam folder. I then tried sending to my wife’s Comcast email and same issue

I then tried a yahoo email address and it worked perfectly.

Just an FYI in case others run into this issue

Funny - friend transferred tix to me on my personal email, the ticket confirmation came through another email which I use for my Season ticket account.

The bigger issue I have is the tickets are sent to either google pay or apple pay. Hard to access the tickets without a bit of work.

Maybe it’s just me but had some trouble transferring tickets for Wednesday game to a friend. He has a Comcast email and never git his email to accept the transfer in his email or his junk/spam folder. I then tried sending to my wife’s Comcast email and same issue

I then tried a yahoo email address and it worked perfectly.

Just an FYI in case others run into this issue
Same problem with Comcast for the Sunday game....friend didn’t get the transfer email, I canceled the transfer, redid the transfer, he didn’t get that one either....but he did get an email (on Comcast )confirming the cancel of the first transfer.....::unbelievable

The bigger issue I have is the tickets are sent to either google pay or apple pay. Hard to access the tickets without a bit of work.
The Google/Apple Pay requirement is idiotic. It makes it way more difficult to access your tickets, or to share tickets with family members so each can have their own ticket on their own phone.

I asked my ticket agent about it a few weeks ago and I was told the ticket office thinks this is the wave of the future, and more secure.

It may be the wave of the future, but it isn't the wave of the present. As far as security, anyone who intercepts or hacks your email can download your tickets.

The Google/Apple Pay requirement is idiotic. It makes it way more difficult to access your tickets, or to share tickets with family members so each can have their own ticket on their own phone.

I asked my ticket agent about it a few weeks ago and I was told the ticket office thinks this is the wave of the future, and more secure.

It may be the wave of the future, but it isn't the wave of the present. As far as security, anyone who intercepts or hacks your email can download your tickets.

I got the same issues and the same answer. Its a royal pain in the a$$. So much for fan friendly.

I had the same issue. i was out of town and couldnt make the game on sunday. I tried to transfer my tickets to my son's gmail. he never got the tickets on his gmail after 3 cancellations are re-attempts. Sent a 4 time to his school email and never got the tickets on that either. The ticket office isnt answering the phone on the w/e's apparently and no help. So i transfer the tickets to my own email and that finally worked. I had my son login into my gmail account on his phone and download the tickets to his phone. What a pain in the a$$ that was to try and transfer.

Same issue here... I have a Comcast email and never recieved the email with a ticket and parking pass transfer from my friend. I did however receive one saying:

Thank you for using electronic ticket transfer. Your ticket recipient did not respond to the transfer within the transfer time limit of 48
hours. The transfer has been automatically cancelled.

You can transfer these tickets to the same or another recipient if desired by repeating the ticket transfer process.

When you have things like that happen, it feels like a Mickey Mouse operation. Thankfully this was a poorly attended game and not a packed conference game.

I tend to think its Mickey Mouse to have a Comcast email account. But that's just me. You guys should just get all your tickets printed out and then you can FedEx them if you need to transfer.

My gripe with the ticket exchange is that they won't let you do it the day of the game (or withing 6 hours??). That is idiotic. There is no reason for that requirement.

Can the ticket-holder take a screenshot of each ticket and and text them to the recipient? And more importantly, will the scanners at the RAC read a screenshot? I ask because when I fly I use a screenshot of my ticket and don’t have a problem, and in the worst-case scenario it serves as a backup in case the email is inaccessible for some reason when going though security.

Can the ticket-holder take a screenshot of each ticket and and text them to the recipient? And more importantly, will the scanners at the RAC read a screenshot? I ask because when I fly I use a screenshot of my ticket and don’t have a problem, and in the worst-case scenario it serves as a backup in case the email is inaccessible for some reason when going though security.

I have resorted to this and it works..and believe it or not you can print them and that worked for the last football game as well for a few folks.

I thought you also got the option to download a PDF so you could print? Maybe the option is on the transferor? Can't you also screenshot the digital ticket instead of using the apps?
Same issue here... I have a Comcast email and never recieved the email with a ticket and parking pass transfer from my friend. I did however receive one saying:

Thank you for using electronic ticket transfer. Your ticket recipient did not respond to the transfer within the transfer time limit of 48
hours. The transfer has been automatically cancelled.

You can transfer these tickets to the same or another recipient if desired by repeating the ticket transfer process.

When you have things like that happen, it feels like a Mickey Mouse operation. Thankfully this was a poorly attended game and not a packed conference game.
The issue could be Comcast email and not Rutgers. Hard to know.
I tend to think its Mickey Mouse to have a Comcast email account. But that's just me. You guys should just get all your tickets printed out and then you can FedEx them if you need to transfer.

My gripe with the ticket exchange is that they won't let you do it the day of the game (or withing 6 hours??). That is idiotic. There is no reason for that requirement.
Yeah, everyone should get a gmail account already. Printing all your tickets and FedEx them is not a viable alternative, and it's more expensive. It's 2019 and digital transfers should work pretty seamlessly by now.

I wonder if the day of or within 6 hours limitation is because the transfer system has been slow in the past and occasionally took hours to actually send the email.

I thought you also got the option to download a PDF so you could print? Maybe the option is on the transferor? Can't you also screenshot the digital ticket instead of using the apps?

The issue could be Comcast email and not Rutgers. Hard to know.
Yeah, everyone should get a gmail account already. Printing all your tickets and FedEx them is not a viable alternative, and it's more expensive. It's 2019 and digital transfers should work pretty seamlessly by now.

I wonder if the day of or within 6 hours limitation is because the transfer system has been slow in the past and occasionally took hours to actually send the email.
You don't have the option to download a pdf this year.

And yes, you can screenshot the bar code, but you have to open it in Apple/Google Pay first.

(As far as the Comcast email issue, it might be the email is caught in a spam filter.)

Reactions: Leonard23

You can't print out the tickets anymore. Rutgers doesnt send out a PDF ticket. they only send out on apple wallet which they claim is more secure???? i have no idea why. but it is a total pain now to send my extra tickets to family or friends.

Agree. It’s too much trouble for the technically inept like me. Didn’t bother trying to access. If I could have printed out copy I would have done so and given away.

You can't print out the tickets anymore. Rutgers doesnt send out a PDF ticket. they only send out on apple wallet which they claim is more secure???? i have no idea why. but it is a total pain now to send my extra tickets to family or friends.
Maybe someone with more experience in data security can weigh in here. I don't understand the security claim since anyone with access to the ticket email (whether legitimate or hacked) can download the Google/Apple Pay ticket to their Google/Apple wallet.

Got extra free tickets and tried to send to friend for opening night. He couldn’t figure out what to do, got frustrated, and didn’t go. He was expecting to be able to print them and couldn’t. Blame him if you want for being an idiot but that’s $10 in parking and who knows what was lost in concessions from those tickets going unused.

Just to clarify what I was saying in case it helps anyone -- I understand from other posters here that the ticket office will print them for you for all the games if you ask them to.

Some of us are stuck in the Comcast email jail. That still doesn't explain why all three transfers I did to myself went into the junk folder. As for printing out our tickets, taking them to a Fedex box and paying $20 to send them, that doesn't seem like progress when in the past I just emailed them for free in 2 minutes. The reality is we are going backwards. If this is all that difficult people will just stay home. $$$$

Last edited:
I am not sure what the problem is I transferred tickets for 3 games to my friend and he had no issue with the tickets

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT