Hall of Famer
Apr 1, 2003

Some of RU’s transfers that should help RU be a top 25 team​

Lasha Petree​

First-Team All-MVC (2020-21 & 2019-20)​

MVC All-Defensive Team (2020-21 & 2019-20)​

MVC All-Tournament Team (2020-21)

Victoria Morris​

Finished her ODU career with 1,379 points, the 23rd-most in program history ... Left the program as just the second all-time to lead the team in scoring over a four-year stretch …​

Old Dominion’s leading scorer at 15.7 points per game

Awa Sidibe​

• 2020-21 at Salt Lake Community College: NJCAA All-America Second Team ... Region 18 Player of the Year ... All-Region First Team ... Averaged 17.4 ppg, shooting .525 from the floor with an average of 6.4 rebounds.
  • 2019-20 at SLCC: WBCA NJCAA Player of the Year ... NJCAA All-America Second Team ... Region 18 Player of the Year ... All-Region First Team ... All-Tournament Team Region 18 ... Averaged 14.9 points and 5.7 rebounds ... Deans List.

Osh Brown​

2021-22 | GRADUATE at Rutgers
- NCAA Division I active career leader in two categories with 1,106 rebounds and 49 double-doubles

2020-21 | SENIOR at Ball State
- Ranked fourth in the nation with 12.9 rebounds per game and second in the NCAA with 9.5 defensive rebounds per game
- Ranked seventh in the country with 16 double-doubles
- Earned First Team All-Mid-American Conference honors

Reactions: RUcrazee
That's quite a collection of likely contributors. If Morris is the second woman to lead ODU in scoring over four years, was the first to do so a player from the distant past, someone from NJ perhaps? I'm blanking on her name so if anyone reading this remembers, please reply.

Thanks.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Also, Shug Dickson and Jailyn Mason.

Shug is an excellent playmaking guard that has potential to be All-Big Ten by season's end. Lasha has that potential also.

Jailyn is an experienced wing player that can shoot well from three, A good passer also.

All are high IQ players that, when blended with our young talent, give me reason to be very optimistic.

If you get a chance, take a look at the link below. Hopefully it gets more attention than the last game link I posted. lol Guess I was alone on that one.

Anne Donovan - Paramus Catholic?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
>She set ODU career marks for points (2,719), rebounds (1,976), and blocked shots (801), and seasonal marks for most games played (38), most minutes played (1,159), most field goals (377), and field goal percentage (.640). She averaged a double-double for her entire career, with 20 points and 14½ rebounds per game. Donovan's 50 points in a single game against Norfolk State on December 11, 1980, is a school record, while her 801 career blocked shots is best in NCAA history.<
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Donovan

Can't forget Sayawni Lassiter. She is another experienced player that can play point guard. She can handle, pass, and shoot very well.

And seems to be another amazing role model off the court and in the classroom .

Still, it is hard, for me at least, to build fan loyalty when the team has new faces every year.

Stephanie Guihon has two years on the roster since transferring in from Longwood​

Liz Martino is a returning player, new face last year , was a freshman last year​

Erica Lafayette, the same​

Sakima Walker, another familiar face from last year​

Chyna Cornwell another soph that started her college career at Rutgers last year.​

Players come and go , some with very recognizable names for RU WBB fans, but there are always enough returni g members of the roster to recognize the team as the one you support.​

The transfer rule now makes program hopping easier than in years past, add that to graduation and expect that all of last year’s players won’t be on this years roster.​

But their will be enough returning members of the team that fans know them from the previous year’s play , maybe the last couple of years​

Joiya Maddox is in her 3rd year , coming to RU from HS​

Tyia Singleton is in her 4th year in the program as a redshirt junior​

Last edited:
Reactions: RUcrazee
Still, it is hard, for me at least, to build fan loyalty when the team has new faces every year.
??? ......new faces every year?? What team are you talking about?

We just had the AGuirantes/TMack/MGiles/ZBroughton era come to an end with all playing here for 4 years except Zippy(3). Preceeding them were key players Jordan Wallace, KK Sanders, Victoria Harris, Stasha Carey.....all playing a full 4 years except Stasha who played here multiple years.

This is the first year of the transfer portal boom. Up until now, CVS has only supplemented her roster with a grad transfer or two or three per year. This is the first time we've seen this number of transfers at once. This may become the norm going forward.

If the team is highly successful this year, and we start getting the exposure that we are due, maybe we can pull in more of our target recruits and keep our current ones. Hence, no longer will we need as many reinforcements going forward.

As many have been saying, ....wins will work everything out.

Last edited:
And this year's team has 6 new transfers and 8 players who are seniors or graduate students this year and will be gone next year.

I stand by my op: the new transfer rules are good for the student-athletes, but absolutely hurt collegiate sports fandom across all sports.

(And, I'm sorry, but losing Zippy, Diamond, Mael, and T-Mack to the portal hit me especially hard this year.)

IMO, it also, incidentally, totally changes not only what it means to be a college sports fan but also what it means to be a college coach.

Last edited:
And this year's team has 6 new transfers and 8 players who are seniors or graduate students this year and will be gone next year.

I stand by my op: the new transfer rules are good for the student-athletes, but absolutely hurt collegiate sports fandom across all sports.

(And, I'm sorry, but losing Zippy, Diamond, Mael, and T-Mack to the portal hit me especially hard this year.)

IMO, it also, incidentally, totally changes not only what it means to be a college sports fan but also what it means to be a college coach.
So you are saying we have to replace basically our whole roster next year?
That’s a problem

So you are saying we have to replace basically our whole roster next year?
That’s a problem
Looking at the roster , 8 players will be returning .
Of course that can change because of how easy it is to transfer now and be granted immediate eligibility instead of having to sit for a year.
All programs face that transfer problem and now, most, use it to bring in experienced players to fill needs while recruiting HS talent to build for the long haul.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
On ESPN list of top 25 transfers, Petree is #25. Diamond was also on the list, a lot higher.

Looking at the roster , 8 players will be returning .
Of course that can change because of how easy it is to transfer now and be granted immediate eligibility instead of having to sit for a year.
All programs face that transfer problem and now, most, use it to bring in experienced players to fill needs while recruiting HS talent to build for the long haul.

I had counted 4 openings. Think she has 1 filled. And we’re chasing on another 5* PG.

Would think with her CVivs clout and her contract extension, we’re in contention for many elite transfers.

Stephanie Guihon has two years on the roster since transferring in from Longwood​

Liz Martino is a returning player, new face last year , was a freshman last year​

Erica Lafayette, the same​

Sakima Walker, another familiar face from last year​

Chyna Cornwell another soph that started her college career at Rutgers last year.​

Players come and go , some with very recognizable names for RU WBB fans, but there are always enough returni g members of the roster to recognize the team as the one you support.​

The transfer rule now makes program hopping easier than in years past, add that to graduation and expect that all of last year’s players won’t be on this years roster.​

But their will be enough returning members of the team that fans know them from the previous year’s play , maybe the last couple of years​

Joiya Maddox is in her 3rd year , coming to RU from HS​

Tyia Singleton is in her 4th year in the program as a redshirt junior​

THIS TEAM HAS ONLY 1 FRESHMAN ON THE ROSTER, WHAT ABOUT NEXT YEAR?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT