ADVERTISEMENT

Tried to Tell Ya: Langan > Vedral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Blue Bus, you're welcome to search my dozens and dozens of posts calling for Johnny over Vedral and saying Vedral has been holding us back because we are a decent team NOW. They start on Oct. 31. Enjoy!
Ha. Not going to waste my time. You are a Sit guy through and through. Now you are hiding from it and changing gears. Mostly you still haven't acknowledged the Vedral was hurt. You keep posting like he was benched. He wasn't. Wrong again for the 1000×

Reactions: hoquat63
Ha. Not going to waste my time. You are a Sit guy through and through. Now you are hiding from it and changing gears. Mostly you still haven't acknowledged the Vedral was hurt. You keep posting like he was benched. He wasn't. Wrong again for the 1000×
Nope. Check my Oct. 31 thread my man since you're an expert. Posted yesterday during first quarter that he was good enough to play if he had to as Schiano said post-game. They wanted to give Johnny and Art and look. Enjoy and get back on that Blue Bus out of campus hater!

Nope. Check my Oct. 31 thread my man since you're an expert. Posted yesterday during first quarter that he was good enough to play if he had to as Schiano said post-game. They wanted to give Johnny and Art and look. Enjoy and get back on that Blue Bus out of campus hater!
So you are still saying he was benched? Ok got it Donny Trump.

Coach speak...Translation: He won't be ready next week.
Ok lets see next Saturday, thrilled that Gleason was able to maximize the strengths of the two we used last night. Great win, lets see who Schiano puts out there next week.

But you are admitting he was hurt,

So you are still saying he was benched? Ok got it Donny Trump.
If I said that I would have said that clown. They used a mild injury to play guys they knew were ready. He could have played if he had to. Not a benching.

Ok lets see next Saturday, thrilled that Gleason was able to maximize the strengths of the two we used last night. Great win, lets see who Schiano puts out there next week.

But you are admitting he was hurt,
Of course he was banged up. When did I say he wasn't? I've said he could have played if he had to which Schiano said post-game.

If I said that I would have said that clown. They used a mild injury to play guys they knew were ready. He could have played if he had to. Not a benching.
Never play poker. When you start losing an argument you start with the name calling. A very bad tell.

Never play poker. When you start losing an argument you start with the name calling. A very bad tell.
Lol, I've been called so many names on here I've lost count. You just lie to try to back up an imaginary narrative. I recommend you change your handle to Red Bus and start over. Enjoy your Sunday. Go RU!

Huh? I said nothing bad about Artur today either in my post above or in the game thread - was pretty happy to see him play a very good 1Q, but he struggled after that and could've easily had 2-3 picks. I don't think it's a stretch to say, however, that Vedral could've done better than AS today, based on him throwing for the most yards in years for RU last week and that Langan likely plays the same role today no matter who starts. I don't hate any RU player, although I have been tough on him, based on his pretty miserable record in his first two years.
I didn’t say you did but the start of your sentence clearly makes it out that you can’t see why Sitkowski got the start. He started because Schiano and. Gleeson felt it best. The kid has improved and perhaps though he will never run like Vedral or even Langan can become a D1 QB here on the Banks. I’m not questioning a loyal son like you I ‘m frustrated that we still have people questioning every broken play and it seems they root against Sitkowski . I find that kind of strange.

I don’t care what you’re trying to say SCIL, your delivery and demeanor sucks.
Not to defend but he ‘s just telling it bluntly. Some here just hate to say maybe you are right. The same people have bashed Sitkowski before when he was the much ballyhooed frosh from Old Bridge . No way he should have been thrust into playing... not with the shat show Ash had as coaches... they let this kid take hit after hit and yet ...Sitkowski got up every time... then last year which was another disaster both fans and alums tried to castrate the kid....if Schiano felt that Sitkowski quit on the team last year he would either have transferred or he would never be in a game again. So just maybe we should grow the ?$&&) up.

Not to defend but he ‘s just telling it bluntly. Some here just hate to say maybe you are right. The same people have bashed Sitkowski before when he was the much ballyhooed frosh from Old Bridge . No way he should have been thrust into playing... not with the shat show Ash had as coaches... they let this kid take hit after hit and yet ...Sitkowski got up every time... then last year which was another disaster both fans and alums tried to castrate the kid....if Schiano felt that Sitkowski quit on the team last year he would either have transferred or he would never be in a game again. So just maybe we should grow the ?$&&) up.
Blunt is ok. Calling people clowns and other names is immature. He’d be better served being civil.

Reactions: SCILS02
I didn’t say you did but the start of your sentence clearly makes it out that you can’t see why Sitkowski got the start. He started because Schiano and. Gleeson felt it best. The kid has improved and perhaps though he will never run like Vedral or even Langan can become a D1 QB here on the Banks. I’m not questioning a loyal son like you I ‘m frustrated that we still have people questioning every broken play and it seems they root against Sitkowski . I find that kind of strange.

So true...my loyal son...very strange

Art would be OK if he knew the O would have 150+ rushing yards from the RB’s on a consistent basis. The O isn’t there yet...
Got bailed out on the roughing penalty and I think Purdue dropped another pass.
Art is fine if his first option is wide open. Beyond that, he’s a bit scary.

Nice work, @SCILS02. There seems to be an Old Boys’ Club of sorts on this board that gets really uncomfortable when you challenge their narrative. Great job standing up to these message board dinosaurs and ultimately being proven right.
Thank you. All I'm trying to do. The great thing about this board is the different opinions, and not taking football too seriously. Only used the word clown and other silly names after I had been ridiculed and attacked a million times with much worse on here. Love our team and school! All good 👍🏼.

He can't be right when he constantly moves the goalposts and ignores the fact that Vedral was injured yesterday. Add in he went from saying the Sit was the man and changed his tune yesterday as the game played out and switched to Langan

Reactions: Abro1975
He can't be right when he constantly moves the goalposts and ignores the fact that Vedral was injured yesterday. Add in he went from saying the Sit was the man and changed his tune yesterday as the game played out and switched to Langan
You're seriously confusing me someone else man. Go back and check my posts starting on Oct. 31. I was ridiculed like I was an alien for suggested Langan should be playing over Vedral. Why would I make it up when you can check it? We can agree to disagree on football and still pull for RU 👍🏼.

Langan was absolutely great, but can we expect to win games running the ball like this, all game long?....he really did not have to pass much, and that was the ticket

It worked today.,...we know that
The short answer is no, we can’t. Different teams present different challenges. Purdue is small up front and inexplicably runs a 3-4 defense. They are ripe for being bludgeoned to death by a stud like Langan. Michigan, no. Their horses up front are some big, fast cats. It’s no surprise the few snaps Langan had weren’t nearly as successful. But we were much more successful in the air. Their DBs were questionable. And Gleesons play calling kept them off guard all night.

We would like one QB with all of the attributes of the QBs we have, but that’s not the case. Hence why we use multiple QBs every game. Vedral is actually the combo of Art and Langan. He just doesn’t throw as good as Art or have the power running game of Langan.

One good thing is PSU is going to have to spend time preparing for all of them. That’s a nightmare practice week.

Reactions: czxqa and RU848789
You're seriously confusing me someone else man. Go back and check my posts starting on Oct. 31. I was ridiculed like I was an alien for suggested Langan should be playing over Vedral. Why would I make it up when you can check it? We can agree to disagree on football and still pull for RU 👍🏼.
This is such a silly debate. In no world should Langan be a full time starter over Vedral, who despite throwing into coverage in the Indiana( he was hit on throws) and Illinois games ( mid 3rd quarter on) , has made plenty of throws and played great against Michigan. Vedral gives you play action, read option , dimes to Melton , and except for some unsteadiness , decently accurate. The beauty is that Gleeson knows or at least is definitive when it is time for Langan or Sit to come in on several packages. It was obvious that we wore Purdue down and they knew it was coming with Johnny and they could not stop it , kinda like what Hansen of Michigan did to us the week before. We have 3 capable QBs which has never been a sentence uttered in Rutgers history and I have been watching since 1975. We also have an offensive coordinator that is scheming things up. Finally we have Schiano trusting Gleeson with the offense. A team and a coaching staff growing together. We are in good hands going forward. Stop the bullshit about which QB should be playing. You are not smart enough to make that decision and enjoy the wins and the competent coaching staff that was missing for the prior 4 years.

Am I? Below is your thread about dumping Vedral. 8 pages worth. Not 1 mention by you about Langan. You do bring up Art however. This is the most current thread of your "expertise" of QBs and you did not talk about Langan.
BTW Indiana won again. 5-1. Tied for 2nd best record in Big Ten. Wrong again!

You started this thread November 7th. You already had thrown Langan under the bus by then.

Reactions: Abro1975
Which is the sort of thing a coach should be doing at 1-4.

Reactions: SCILS02
Am I? Below is your thread about dumping Vedral. 8 pages worth. Not 1 mention by you about Langan. You do bring up Art however. This is the most current thread of your "expertise" of QBs and you did not talk about Langan.
BTW Indiana won again. 5-1. Tied for 2nd best record in Big Ten. Wrong again!

You started this thread November 7th. You already had thrown Langan under the bus by then.

Man you are something else. The troll of the century. Stop lying and skewing facts. Here you go my man, from Oct. 31: https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/clear-cut-langan-should-be-starting-qb.203686/

As for Indiana. I've been 100% right. I've said they are just another team in the Big Ten (a team we should have beaten without awful turnovers by the way!) and they'll have 2-3 losses at the end of the year. They will! They will lose to Wisky next week. And I keep asking you, who have they beaten? Now enough stalking!

Reactions: RUB1GTime
Man you are something else. The troll of the century. Stop lying and skewing facts. Here you go my man, from Oct. 31: https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/clear-cut-langan-should-be-starting-qb.203686/

As for Indiana. I've been 100% right. I've said they are just another team in the Big Ten and they'll have 2-3 losses at the end of the year. They will! They will lose to Wisky next week. And I keep asking you, who have they beaten? Now enough stalking!
[roll]
What a tool. Funny your are so wrong and can't admit it. What about your current posts?? Lol.
I'm sure you still believe Trump won. Same tactics.

Not sure the option is going to work all game. It worked because it's something they haven't seen before and were depleted on the D side. Gleeson saw that and exposed it. Like we all said he's a nice wrinkle and has a good package but full game starter, no, you still give the nod to Vedral.
Agree 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT