ADVERTISEMENT

Tweet About Rivera and Suriano

Clearscreen25

All American
Mar 9, 2016
Anyone see this? Is this for real? I know Pat Mineo has broken a few stories recently.

EDIT: He deleted the Tweet. His tweet said that Sebastian Rivera and Nick Suriano would both be wrestling for RU next season.

Here is the quote from the tweet: "I can't wait to see everyone's face when that dude SeaBass Rivera takes the mat in an @RUWrestling singlet next year! Yep, you heard me! And oh yeah, Suriano is now coming back too..."
1f440.svg

1f6e1.svg

#boom

Last edited:
Anyone see this? Is this for real? I know Pat Mineo has broken a few stories recently.

EDIT: He deleted the Tweet. His tweet said that Sebastian Rivera and Nick Suriano would both be wrestling for RU next season.

Here is the quote from the tweet: "I can't wait to see everyone's face when that dude SeaBass Rivera takes the mat in an @RUWrestling singlet next year! Yep, you heard me! And oh yeah, Suriano is now coming back too..."
1f440.svg

1f6e1.svg

#boom
That is HUGE!! Also, we can’t forget Creedo’s shitliner coming in at the upper weight !! :D

Seabass said he may wrestle 141 in his flo interview.
He almost missed weight at Maryland and walks around around 150 ish.
Where ever he wrestles,I will root for him (Accept against RU)

Seabass to RU has been rumored for at least a year as he's a RS Jr and will graduate from Northwestern this spring. I was impressed with how he worked the Jersey crowd during his post-match interview at the B1G tourney and how the Jersey crowd supported him. Also, he was real happy to get his medal from South Plainfield, NJ's own, Scott DelVecchio. I would not be surprised to see this happen and would love for Seabass to wrestle at 141 to give JoJo a year to focus on his training.

The big question for Suriano is whether he'll wrestle at 125 or 133. He has been training and wrestling at 57 kg (125.66 lb.) for the past several months in preparation for Olympic trials. So, it could be Suriano, Sammy, and Seabass to start us off next year.

WNG - Who are you skeptical about? Seabass or Nick? Based on his radio interview, it seemed that Goodale implied that both could be here. Of course, he can't be specific about Seabass. He can say a lot more about Nick.

WNG - Who are you skeptical about? Seabass or Nick? Based on his radio interview, it seemed that Goodale implied that both could be here. Of course, he can't be specific about Seabass. He can say a lot more about Nick.
Is there a link to interview? Thx

Look I love the whole Suriano family and Nicky has been a great rep for what he has done for RU wrestling. He was our first NCAA champ and I would love to have him end his career here in style. That being said, I think only the Suriano family knows where he is headed. I would love to see Seabass end his career as an NCAA champ and stay on like Ashnault did with the RTC. That would be a win/win. Same with Nicky!

Look I love the whole Suriano family and Nicky has been a great rep for what he has done for RU wrestling. He was our first NCAA champ and I would love to have him end his career here in style. That being said, I think only the Suriano family knows where he is headed. I would love to see Seabass end his career as an NCAA champ and stay on like Ashnault did with the RTC. That would be a win/win. Same with Nicky!

getting both would be amazing

I did not hear Scott’s interview with WRSU but I can’t believe he said anything about Seabass or even Nicky. Talking about Seabass coming here would be tampering and Scott is smarter than that.

Reactions: rubaseball78
I did not hear Scott’s interview with WRSU but I can’t believe he said anything about Seabass or even Nicky. Talking about Seabass coming here would be tampering and Scott is smarter than that.
https://open.spotify.com/show/4EarPiEB7dSxKieXGKdSCC?si=Zeh6ZkD9RxOmLPAvL0fXfA

Start at 54:30
"We have some guys coming off redshirt, olympic redshirt, so who else, without putting much out there, who else is gonna show up in Piscataway come fall to really help this program"

That does not say Seabass. The only Olympic redshirt we have is Nicky.
Of course he can't mention Rivera by name as we all know that is tampering. There have been enough rumors about Rivera coming here the past few months, coupled with his interview and interaction with the NJ crowd at the Big 10 championships, to get people's attention.

Goodale's words "so who else, without putting much out there, who else is gonna show up in Piscataway come fall to really help this program" are a strong hint (at least to me) that something is brewing. Does that mean Rivera? Impossible to say at this point. He could be talking about an uncommitted HS senior, a grad transfer, a regular transfer, etc.

Of course he can't mention Rivera by name as we all know that is tampering. There have been enough rumors about Rivera coming here the past few months, coupled with his interview and interaction with the NJ crowd at the Big 10 championships, to get people's attention.

Goodale's words "so who else, without putting much out there, who else is gonna show up in Piscataway come fall to really help this program" are a strong hint (at least to me) that something is brewing. Does that mean Rivera? Impossible to say at this point. He could be talking about an uncommitted HS senior, a grad transfer, a regular transfer, etc.
Is Bill perhaps being "coy" to throw the scent off for posters? We'll see soon enough.

Who knows what Seabass will ultimately do, but here are some quotes from him talking about the allure of the RAC and the support of the Rutgers/NJ fans after the B1G tourney.

"It's awesome,'' said Rivera, who defeated Penn State's Roman Bravo-Young 7-2 in the final. "I can't explain the feeling. This crowd's awesome. The RAC has a great vibe. First time I've ever wrestled in here so I'm excited.

"The crowd was feeding off me from the first match. Every time I can get the crowd involved and cheering for me, it's a great feeling.''

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...n-rivera-back-named-tournament-ow/4994714002/

This would be awesome. Wasn’t there a rumor about us getting a big time upper weight transfer as well? What happened to that?

Pat throws sht at the wall and sees what sticks a lot of the time. But it would be pretty sweet if it actually happened.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Rivera would be a grad-transfer, way different than tampering with an attached guy.
And it’s a kid coming home to train with a top club.

feel free to be excited about it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT