Tylin Oden looking to pick his jersey number

RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015
Maybe someone should let him know Robert Martin III is #7 and Rettig #11

Last edited:
aybe someone should let him know Robert Martin III is #7 and Rettig #11
Correct me if I'm wrong but he could pick either's number just as long as they aren't on the field at the same time. Low risk considering he and Rettig are QBs.

We're going to allow recruits to start picking their number before we even sign them? Seems like we're pretty quick to sell our souls to win around here.

Ultimately, it's probably necessary to do this if you want to get quick returns in recruiting. The university and the state of nj itself could really use a successful RU football - the sooner the better .
The days of the high APR and the squeaky clean police blotter could come to an end (and yes, those days existed around here). I'd love to see us keep trying hard in the class and keep doing good things in the community - those are strong traditions for a program to uphold --

How could this kid not want to wear #1 ?

We're going to allow recruits to start picking their number before we even sign them? Seems like we're pretty quick to sell our souls to win around here.

Ultimately, it's probably necessary to do this if you want to get quick returns in recruiting. The university and the state of nj itself could really use a successful RU football - the sooner the better .
The days of the high APR and the squeaky clean police blotter could come to an end (and yes, those days existed around here). I'd love to see us keep trying hard in the class and keep doing good things in the community - those are strong traditions for a program to uphold --

How could this kid not want to wear #1 ?

First of all the kid will major in engineering so there goes half the rant about APR, secondly no one is allowing him to pick his number, he is doing a poll on twitter...chill a bit and have some fun

First of all the kid will major in engineering so there goes half the rant about APR, secondly no one is allowing him to pick his number, he is doing a poll on twitter...chill a bit and have some fun

I'm totally with you and actually ok with us doing what we have to do with recruiting. Would be cool to have him wear #1 like cam newton (uh oh, here come the comparisons). I just mentioned that we ultimately may have to sell our souls a bit for greater recruiting success - are we willing to do that?

Oden seems like a great recruit and exactly the type of player we want to bring in - the athlete who wants to be a chemical engineer. That's awesome

I'm totally with you and actually ok with us doing what we have to do with recruiting. Would be cool to have him wear #1 like cam newton (uh oh, here come the comparisons). I just mentioned that we ultimately may have to sell our souls a bit for greater recruiting success - are we willing to do that?

Oden seems like a great recruit and exactly the type of player we want to bring in - the athlete who wants to be a chemical engineer. That's awesome
Best if he mothballs the numbers for one year.Oden needs strength and conditioning and that major is unbelievably rigorous .He will see the field in year two.Great to have him..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT