ADVERTISEMENT

Tywone Malone in transfer portal

Jerseylegends

Junior
Mar 15, 2023
I usually stick to basketball but I know this kid is good and from Jersey. Lol I don't know if any of the coaches are scouring the message boards for advice on the transfer portal but I'm pretty sure this man would start for 3 years here or however much eligibility he has left..

I thought his family moved to Mississippi with him. I doubt he comes back to NJ if he wants to play baseball.

He is more interested in playing baseball then football
Not sure if that’s true because he saw less time on the baseball diamond then he did on the grid iron. Hasn’t seen any real time in the field and has been used sparingly as a dh. Grand total of 19 at bats in 2 years and saw action in field in 2 games.

Last edited:
Do we have openings on the defensive line ?
Tod Hunt had an article on this on NJ.com, said that Malone’s first love is baseball. Said that RU recruited him very hard in HS and Watson & Schiano have a good relationship with him, however their DL schollies are very full and the priority in the Portal are potential off playmakers at WR. Said it is unlikely Malone ends up at RU.

Considering that Chris Partridge who recruited him to Ole Miss is now back at Michigan the Wolverines may have a leg up on all others pursuing him.

Unless Partridge made promises that weren't kept. Then Michigan doesn't stand a chance.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Tod Hunt had an article on this on NJ.com, said that Malone’s first love is baseball. Said that RU recruited him very hard in HS and Watson & Schiano have a good relationship with him, however their DL schollies are very full and the priority in the Portal are potential off playmakers at WR. Said it is unlikely Malone ends up at RU.
Do you seriously believe Schiano will not at a minimum explore the possibility of Tywone Malone coming here? Limited scholarships? Would that stop a Penn State , Michigan , Ohio State , MSU…and that is just the a few B1G teams… now add teams like Texas, Texas A& M , how about USC and UCLA… maybe Georgia ? There is ALWAYS a way. Now it is probably a pipe dream but after seeing what our “ average coach Piekell who can’t close deals” is doing . You make the effort. This year we need to improve our O but it is with a dominating D we will make an improvement. And he can still play a quality brand of baseball.

He has a ton of choices and but it all depends in which direction he sees himself performing in 4-5 years. MLB ??? He ‘s good and has great size but he will be limited to first base or maybe left fielder as a BB player. Also much more uncertainty and tougher to make it in the SHOW. Just an amateur’s evaluation. He should do what he wants to do and not look back.

Considering that Chris Partridge who recruited him to Ole Miss is now back at Michigan the Wolverines may have a leg up on all others pursuing him.
Has he lost some of his luster as a coach? Was a DC at Ole Miss, now a LB Coach. Still a ace recruiter tho. Don't know why he was out at OLE Miss.

We have some Rutgers fans listening to reports saying “ he’s not coming here or we are full on the D line”. Total nonsense with this type of 5* former recruit. You do everything you can and worry about WR and TE during post spring / summer.

We have some Rutgers fans listening to reports saying “ he’s not coming here or we are full on the D line”. Total nonsense with this type of 5* former recruit. You do everything you can and worry about WR and TE during post spring / summer.
I’d try to see if I can get this kid in either sport.
But TKR says there’s “no interest” in this case.

My point is and I’m sure others feel the same you at least put it out there for Malone. Never say, “ we don’t have room… you make room.” Stranger things happen and though I believe we have a quality D and staff today adding a youngster like Tywone would elevate the entire program and Schiano’s quest for a top 4 B1G program.

Do you seriously believe Schiano will not at a minimum explore the possibility of Tywone Malone coming here? Limited scholarships? Would that stop a Penn State , Michigan , Ohio State , MSU…and that is just the a few B1G teams… now add teams like Texas, Texas A& M , how about USC and UCLA… maybe Georgia ? There is ALWAYS a way. Now it is probably a pipe dream but after seeing what our “ average coach Piekell who can’t close deals” is doing . You make the effort. This year we need to improve our O but it is with a dominating D we will make an improvement. And he can still play a quality brand of baseball
Do you seriously believe Schiano will not at a minimum explore the possibility of Tywone Malone coming here? Limited scholarships? Would that stop a Penn State , Michigan , Ohio State , MSU…and that is just the a few B1G teams… now add teams like Texas, Texas A& M , how about USC and UCLA… maybe Georgia ? There is ALWAYS a way. Now it is probably a pipe dream but after seeing what our “ average coach Piekell who can’t close deals” is doing . You make the effort. This year we need to improve our O but it is with a dominating D we will make an improvement. And he can still play a quality brand of baseball.
Actually I don’t know. I reported what I read, We will see if he lands here, from past experience, I wouldn’t bank on it.

My point is and I’m sure others feel the same you at least put it out there for Malone. Never say, “ we don’t have room… you make room.” Stranger things happen and though I believe we have a quality D and staff today adding a youngster like Tywone would elevate the entire program and Schiano’s quest for a top 4 B1G program.
Apparently your reading comprehension is not that good after I said “I’d try to see if I can get this kid in either sport.” But yet you say “others feel the same as you…” “Never say “we don’t have room…” blah blah blah. Go after TKR for saying that “there’s no interest” if you feel that groggy about this.

Apparently your reading comprehension is not that good after I said “I’d try to see if I can get this kid in either sport.” But yet you say “others feel the same as you…” “Never say “we don’t have room…” blah blah blah. Go after TKR for saying that “there’s no interest” if you feel that groggy about this.
Reading comprehension? It wasn’t a reference to your post about “trying to get him for either sport. “ Sound a bit triggered by what is a fact on this board. People buy into too many postings . Don’t believe everything you see in a TKR forecasts . Trust this friend I know exactly what you said and it had nothing to do with any of my reference to fans .

Not sure if that’s true because he saw less time on the baseball diamond then he did on the grid iron. Hasn’t seen any real time in the field and has been used sparingly as a dh. Grand total of 19 at bats in 2 years and saw action in field in 2 games.
In the 2 years he only played in 2 games total after March. Spring Practice?

In the 2 years he only played in 2 games total after March. Spring Practice?
Only played in 2 games is only playing in 2 games.

When he committed the story was that he was a full time baseball player after football season ended.

Did we expect anything less? You get what you pay for in the majority of cases especially sports. Michigan, Ohio State , Penn State , Wisconsin just keep reloading.

Did we expect anything less? You get what you pay for in the majority of cases especially sports. Michigan, Ohio State , Penn State , Wisconsin just keep reloading.
He followed Partridge from Ole Miss to Michigan. Partridge put the bag together in both places.

Reactions: RUBOB72
Of course he did and more power to him for doing that I guess. Let’s hope Iton has a great year and hopefully is here soon for summer camp.

Reactions: Rokodesh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT