ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Will Rogers returning to UW

LeapinLou

Heisman Winner
Jul 25, 2001
Unless it fell off the front page, it looks like nobody else posted this yet.

Will Rogers, the former Miss St superstar QB that transferred to UW and then went back into the portal when they changed head coaches, has decided to stick with Washington.

As you all know, we have a home game against them this year. I thought we might have a puncher's chance with all of the turnover there. But this will make it much tougher.

Will Rogers, the former Miss St superstar QB that transferred to UW and then went back into the portal when they changed head coaches, has decided to stick with Washington.

As you all know, we have a home game against them this year. I thought we might have a puncher's chance with all of the turnover there. But this will make it much tougher.
Posted in the transfer portal thread but I still think they have an uphill battle because of all the losses to their starting line up. Rogers is a plus to keep in the mix but not sure their offense will be as potent as what they've had the last couple years. 6-8 win team maybe which is still solid but not the formidable one of the last couple years.

Side note...I've seen talk of Chip Kelly returning to the NFL as OC being possible in general. If Dan Quinn gets hired by the Seahawks, Kelly coming along as a package is one specific rumor. If it were to happen that would be another team on the schedule that would probably have some upheaval.

Far better scenario than Fisch taking Noah Fifita from Arizona, who is absolutely electric and probably 80% of Fisch’s success last year.

Reactions: koleszar
Posted in the transfer portal thread but I still think they have an uphill battle because of all the losses to their starting line up. Rogers is a plus to keep in the mix but not sure their offense will be as potent as what they've had the last couple years. 6-8 win team maybe which is still solid but not the formidable one of the last couple years.

Side note...I've seen talk of Chip Kelly returning to the NFL as OC being possible in general. If Dan Quinn gets hired by the Seahawks, Kelly coming along as a package is one specific rumor. If it were to happen that would be another team on the schedule that would probably have some upheaval.
Will Rogers was injured most of last year, and it is hard to tell if he will be any good without Mike Leach's system.
In the games he played in 2023, he beat 3 cupcakes, and defeated Fisch's Arizona, but was only 13/17 in passing. He was 0-4 against SEC steams, and his stat lines against LSU and Alabama were pretty bad. Seems like he was under pressure a lot lot year with sacks.

Reactions: rutgersguy1

Didn’t they lose like 18 other starters and 30+ on their 2-deep? Or something crazy like that?

Reactions: Knight Shift
son of a bitch anger GIF by South Park

Far better scenario than Fisch taking Noah Fifita from Arizona, who is absolutely electric and probably 80% of Fisch’s success last year.
Watched a couple games of Arizona on PAC 12 at midnight. Fifita extended plays so well, like you said, it's tough to know just how well the offense would have worked without his helter skelter scrambling ability. At times it looked like Rocky trying to chase a chicken.

Last edited:
Reactions: rutgersguy1
With Fifita staying at Arizona, Rodgers made the right move by keeping his Doggie commit..
Don't think he was scared of the challenge if Fifita decided to follow Fisch to Washington, but might feel a little uncomfortable about trying to overcome the successful relationship Fifita and Fisch had with the Wildcats

Pretty sad that Rutgers needs dozens of players to transfer/go to the NFL in order to have a prayer in a home conference game. Well, that ship just sailed anyway due to the return of Rogers. 41-17 UW.

Pretty sad that Rutgers needs dozens of players to transfer/go to the NFL in order to have a prayer in a home conference game. Well, that ship just sailed anyway due to the return of Rogers. 41-17 UW.
no, you're misguided to think that.
Rutgers needs it's QB to step up and play well every game , the running backs keep up their good work and the O & D play to the best of their talent in order to beat the top B1G programs.
The team already proved it can win when it's QB isn't the greatest by beating 3 B1G rivals in 2023.
In 2024 it needs the QB position to produce in order to stand a chance against the top B1G ones .
The rest of the B1G is still beatable without top QB play because of RU's running game and D

Rutgers needs it's QB to step up and play well every game , the running backs keep up their good work and the O & D play to the best of their talent in order to beat the top B1G programs.
The team already proved it can win when it's QB isn't the greatest by beating 3 B1G rivals in 2023.
In 2024 it needs the QB position to produce in order to stand a chance against the top B1G ones .
The rest of the B1G is still beatable without top QB play because of RU's running game and D
It's the dude with 20+ ID's on here...

Pretty sad that a user is on his 150th screen name in less than a year to continue to take shots at Rutgers.

amirite @DJ Spanky and @AreYouNUTS

• Sad
Reactions: RULegacy and TRU2RU
Look: it's the guy who still tries to claim he went to the NYC Pinstripe Bowl Game Watch Party (after driving up from Florida with his buddies)!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

• Haha
Reactions: RULegacy
I love how you tell me I'm "misguided" to think Rutgers won't beat the national runner-up and then in the next sentence admit that Rutgers doesn't even have a reliable quarterback.

Oh and those "3 B1G rivals" Rutgers beat that you mentioned were Northwestern (8-5, 5-4), Michigan State (4-8, 2-7) and Indiana (3-9, 1-8). Not exactly an impressive list. And we all know Northwestern was in chaos when we played them having just fired their coach.

Like I said, UW wins this one 41-17. My prediction and my opinion. Feel free to save this post, too, so we can revisit after the game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT