ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UCLA playing UNC at MSG

The perceived elite programs with big name recognition will always get preference at MSG.

Dang that stinks. Would’ve loved for RU to be in a MSG tournament this year. The Vegas thing is unbelievable for the players but the MSG game is far better for the fans
UNC v. UCLA...Premonition of the future of the BIG? Will be watching the ticket sales and the eyeballs on the TV.

The garden still loves RU and our guaranteed
ticket sales
Yes, we do pretty good there. 😉 I still want to see a game there, but the Vegas tournament is a bigger deal for the program right how

I think Pikiel mentioned earlier that there were scheduling issues that were making it difficult to schedule UCLA or Michigan State at MSG. Therefore I don’t think we should feel snubbed that we probably aren’t playing there this year.

That being said, as someone who just missed watching games in the Barn, but has watched games at the RAC since the year it opened, there is no place else I would rather watch Rutgers play regular season games than the RAC. As a longtime season ticket holder, I would be disappointed if UCLA came out here only to play at MSG. The RAC is special and playing UCLA for the first time here is something I really am looking forward to seeing. I have to imagine that I am not the only one who wants to see our home games played at home.

I have to imagine that I am not the only one who wants to see our home games played at home.
No, you're not. Our home games should be at the RAC. That being said, if we give one up every 4 years for the Big Ten showcase at the Garden, I won't complain too loudly. I see that as part of the NYC connection that got RU into the Big Ten.

The RAC is magic, but the Garden is something really special and RU playing a meaningful game there is important. Ask why Notre Dame is playing Navy in football in Metlife this year. Everyone wants a piece of NYC. We have it, it’s part of our history, we’re the closest P5 team and the only one in the NYC metro. It’s special and worth it and we’d sell the place out, unlike Metlife which neuters home field advantage, the atmosphere is always amazing at MSG for us in big games.

S
i hope you are right, no reason to play ucla at msg when we have an incredible home court advantage
The big ten should try to arrange a game at the garden where it is the other teams home game, like the time we played Michigan
Its not our turn to give up a home court game, we could do that again the next time

Reactions: patk89
S

The big ten should try to arrange a game at the garden where it is the other teams home game, like the time we played Michigan
Its not our turn to give up a home court game, we could do that again the next time
I don’t know how many schools want to go play a “home” game in an arena where they will have less fans than the visitor.
It was nice of Michigan to do that.

I don’t know how many schools want to go play a “home” game in an arena where they will have less fans than the visitor.
I would guess the big ten pushed a bit for that game, exerted some sort of pressure
If it were not for the big east, you could bet that the big ten tourney would be there every few years

Michigan knew they would still draw a bunch of fans to MSG. Unfortunately, U of M people are everywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT