ADVERTISEMENT

UDel Moving Up to CUSA In 2025

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Future OOC opportunities with Rutgers potentially? They were the one FCS school that was pretty fun to play a couple years ago.

Don’t think Delaware is the usual Wagner/ Norfolk St bad for Rutgers to play against. Otherwise Monmouth, Princeton would’ve made the trip to NB.

Last edited:
As the above post said, There’s many FCS schools in name only that has glorified HS fields with <10,000 seat.
They're already FCS. They're going FBS.

The NCAA dropped the 30,000 seat stadium and 15,000 attenance requirements about 4 weeks ago.

To be in the FBS you must sponsor 16 teams, 8 of which must be for women.

They did raise the entry fee to $5 million.

The NCAA dropped the 30,000 seat stadium and 15,000 attenance requirements about 4 weeks ago.

That increase in the buy-in will be made up by schools willing to pay good money for FBS cupcakes to schedule along with the FCS program on their schedule because only 1 FCS win counts towards bowl eligibility...

This must be fake news.

The "experts" around here said NIL was going to ruin CFB.
Only the "blue bloods" can compete and everyone else was going to drop football altogether.
Thousands of lost opportunities for a college education with no more FBS football teams.

Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

Reactions: mdh2003
This must be fake news.

The "experts" around here said NIL was going to ruin CFB.
Only the "blue bloods" can compete and everyone else was going to drop football altogether.
Thousands of lost opportunities for a college education with no more FBS football teams.
We'll see...maybe not ruin it but change it to something different. Vastly different than what everybody is on board with.

Its about time UDEL steps up...should of happened years ago when Connecticut jumped up from 1-AA Football but Delaware always stayed out of Big time Athletics...Was upset when they only built a 5,100 basketball arena for their D1 Basketball teams in 1992...Pretty sure that's the biggest Arena in whole State...Should of built a 12/15,000 seat Arena with the big money in Delaware years ago...Its a Great school right off I-95...I think they will be upgrading successfully in next 10 years in all sports

Last edited:
Fan of UDEL - son is a grad there. Nice place - good academics. I understand the desire to move up but that conference is academic trash and bad travel. Combining with Army/Navy/Uconn I thought would be better way to go.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Fan of UDEL - son is a grad there. Nice place - good academics. I understand the desire to move up but that conference is academic trash and bad travel. Combining with Army/Navy/Uconn I thought would be better way to go.
I think they'll end up in the AAC after they get their footing in FBS. CUSA is the stepping stone conference from FCS to FBS before moving to a better G5 conference like the AAC.

Think Udel is trying to make sure they have a seat at the table when the P5 separate from the NCAA. There will be a mad scramble amongst the FCS and remaining FBS conferences members.

I could see that. G5 will be the FCS of the future, while FCS of the future will be like a level in between D2 and modern day FCS.

You know what? I’m so used to Delaware being FCS/D1AA that I made a slip there lol. Meant to say FBS

I think this puts CUSA at 11 schools. I wonder if they have 1 more addition. UMass would make sense if they’re willing to move their BB from A10 and makes them better financially.

You know what? I’m so used to Delaware being FCS/D1AA that I made a slip there lol. Meant to say FBS
I figured that it got all jumbled up.

I used to follow Delaware because a guy I played Pop Warner with and lived a few houses away was their QB years ago.

Playing FCS is a no-win financial situation if you have more than a few thousand students. Nobody really cares about FCS football and it costs just a few more scholarships and some relatively minor facility upgrades to play big time ball. I can’t imagine Rutgers scheduling them though.

We'll see...maybe not ruin it but change it to something different. Vastly different than what everybody is on board with.
What do you mean “everybody is on board with “?
Seems like college football is still pretty popular

I figured that it got all jumbled up.

I used to follow Delaware because a guy I played Pop Warner with and lived a few houses away was their QB years ago.
I got a former player there now. He’s had a decent freshman year, getting his time here and there.

Army just joined the AAC for football like a month ago.

Reactions: bigmatt718
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT