ADVERTISEMENT

US News Global University Rankings

Jim_from_RU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Rutgers-New Brunswick is #82, tied with the University of Florida and ahead of Brown and other superior academic institutions.

This is significantly lower than last year. Why are our rankings getting worse?

Rutgers-New Brunswick is #82, tied with the University of Florida and ahead of Brown and other superior academic institutions.
I think "superior" is different than "elite".
US News, and social climbing parents, really like "Elite". Not sure they'd know a superior school if they saw one.

I think "superior" is different than "elite".
US News, and social climbing parents, really like "Elite". Not sure they'd know a superior school if they saw one.
Ok, so I used the wrong word. o_O

Ok, so I used the wrong word. o_O
Sorry didn't mean to seem like I was on you. The US News, and their not so informed readers, really think that their pointless ranking makes a school superior, or better, or having more worth, however you want to say it.

Reactions: Jim_from_RU
Like it or not students refer to these rankings when making their decisions on which schools to attend.

I see another Thread in this forum referencing that Rutgers will have their largest class of International Students.

I suspect Rutgers conducts a survey on what prompted these students to consider Rutgers.

As with all rankings, there are flaws in the criteria used for the rankings.

However, the US News Global Rankings give significant weight to a Universities Research capabilities/prowess and that is why you do not see good (undergraduate) schools such as Boston College and Notre Dame ranked high in the Global Rankings.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Like it or not students refer to these rankings when making their decisions on which schools to attend.

I see another Thread in this forum referencing that Rutgers will have their largest class of International Students.

I suspect Rutgers conducts a survey on what prompted these students to consider Rutgers.

As with all rankings, there are flaws in the criteria used for the rankings.

However, the US News Global Rankings give significant weight to a Universities Research capabilities/prowess and that is why you do not see good (undergraduate) schools such as Boston College and Notre Dame ranked high in the Global Rankings.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
I suspect these rankings are drawing from data from before the med school merger.

I have no idea with respect to the Rutgers med school merger.

The other referenced ranking of Global Universities is the Times Higher Ed ranking of World Universities.

I'm sure International Students probably refer to both when deciding which schools to apply.

For some who places no value in the rankings, there are many who do and that is why University Administrators do not dismiss them out of hand.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT