ADVERTISEMENT

US Olympic Trials...

jerzey devil

All American
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2004
Some phenomenal matches already in just the prelims... Some of these young guns are impressive!!!

Facundo blanks Haines.. and then pushes Burroughs to the brink.. wow hopefully he finds a way into PSU lineup next year..prolly good chance at 174 if Cstar bumps up/done..

Heard Haines/Messenbrink might swap 57/65.. CStar 60/40 in favor of returning for next year… and that going 197 is a possibility… wow guess he doesn’t want any of that Keckeisen smoke at 84 bc surprise he wants to jump so much weight..

Freestyle rules are a joke. How doesn't Bartlett get any back exposure points??? Had him on his back for a minute.

J’Den Cox was one of my favorites a couple years ago. That dude was the super large and cut at 197. Rare. At least that’s how he appeared to my unsophisticated eye.

They're not wrong...the whole process is bizarre and needs to be fixed. Run a normal tourney and bring in the good announcers for all TV sessions.

I am at the trials. It was crazy. Messelbrink is classless and was wrestling like a jerk in his previous match too. He was shoving Burroughs and at one point pushed his head into the mat out of bounds. Burroughs finally retaliated and the crowd was all over him.

Here is the thing…. To make it to the Olympics Burroughs would have had to wrestle 4 straight Penn State guys. It’s like a Penn State home meet here. In the finals, 8 of the 12 wrestlers are Nittany Lion Wrestling club.

What Cael has done here is is on par with Gable and Woodon. It is an under reported story in sports. It’s already one of the greatest dynasties and we’re in the middle of it. It’s pretty amazing.

I am at the trials. It was crazy. Messelbrink is classless and was wrestling like a jerk in his previous match too. He was shoving Burroughs and at one point pushed his head into the mat out of bounds. Burroughs finally retaliated and the crowd was all over him.

Here is the thing…. To make it to the Olympics Burroughs would have had to wrestle 4 straight Penn State guys. It’s like a Penn State home meet here. In the finals, 8 of the 12 wrestlers are Nittany Lion Wrestling club.

What Cael has done here is is on par with Gable and Woodon. It is an under reported story in sports. It’s already one of the greatest dynasties and we’re in the middle of it. It’s pretty amazing.
Yeah MM is lucky JB didn't lose it and just knock him out.

NBC/Peacock production has been awful at times. Mat 2 stream for the finals already missed half of 1st period of a match with a sky view of all 4 mats and froze several times. Do better. BTN and ESPN are much better streaming.

USAW is a disgrace. They put this shitshow together and made it an hours long advertisement for NLWC. Nice job idiots.

The format is awful. As much as I don’t like the Penn State fans, their wrestlers have earned their spots (and there are a lot of them).

Second day morning session was particularly brutal. They basically hold everyone hostage and make you wait around for the handful of matches that you want to see (men’s freestyle in the winners bracket). I’ll even watch women compete for an Olympic spot over the losers bracket of men’s Greco any day.

Nfw...how?
They didn't get the nickname "The Cult" for nothing. I was surprised myself and thought surely, they would denounce this action. But you had guys on there attacking Burroughs as having a thin skin and he doesn't deserve their respect and fvck Mark Manning this is psu's night.

• Wow
Reactions: RUpop and Leonard23
That was one of my favorite wrestling trips. If you are a fan of the sport try to make a Sr level event. It was awesome.

They're over on the psu board defending the actions of the fan. I couldn't believe it, until I read it.
Jordan Burroughs isn't completely innocent. I am not saying what the fans did was right but Burroughs has to expect it after he says on a TV broadcast that people should go after Starocci's injured leg then he does this after whistle move.

So are you saying only Burroughs is allowed to act like a prick? It ok for him but not for anyone else?
No, in your post you used it as a possible explanation why it was OK for Burroughs being ragged on by fans. I didn't make such a claim. I didn't see any fans ragging on Mesenbrink for being a prick that entire match. Burroughs was simply giving Mesenbrink back what he was doing the entire match.

Again, the Cult moniker applies, taking a psu social media outlets view on things and then defending the action of the hive at all costs. Your view which you think is impartial is tainted with narrow blinders through a blue lens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonard23
Jordan Burroughs isn't completely innocent. I am not saying what the fans did was right but Burroughs has to expect it after he says on a TV broadcast that people should go after Starocci's injured leg then he does this after whistle move.
Jordan Burroughs was 100% correct, and justified in saying guys should go after Starocci’s leg.

That doesn’t mean to wrestle dirty, that means to attack a guys weakness. Any Penn State fan that got upset about that is a total clown. It’s reality.

Y’all are crazy with the hate , as I’ve mentioned on here before I’m a penn state fan but I root for NJ guys over everything ,I was rooting for JB to make the team but to act like he’s innocent is a joke..he’s been poking the bear for years , he’s got into it on twitter years ago with DT ,mocking him for going up to 86kg saying he ran away, he has gotten into it with random penn state guys over the years , then the starocci BO stuff, Manning literally just accused penn state of cheating like 3 weeks ago and is always running his mouth, then after the Messenbrink match manning and JB blew kisses and taunted the crowd , the same part of the arena that booed the loudest and where the career is over comments came from after the Nolf match. JB isn’t a saint , he literally got booed in NJ last year at final X during the whole Chance situation then trashed chance when he didn’t place at worlds saying he would’ve if he had got the spot , and all the extra stuff messenbrink did in the match JB has done his entire career going back to high school he has always been borderline dirty and that edge has helped him become one of the greatest , go rewatch all the trials matches with Dake and DT over the years and look at the after whistle pushes , the eye pokes and gouges , the headbutts that stuff is just the reality of world level wrestling..

and for the guy saying JB is 100 percent right to talk about Staroccis knee , yea maybe during the bout when DC asked JB sure but when carter is getting interviewed and JB has to bring it up again on his own unsolicited is what annoys people .Bo whole point is JB makes everything about himself which is true , he’s an ego maniac and has been for awhile , you can see his tweet from 2015 telling all fans that rooted against him at trials they should be ashamed of themselves for all he’s accomplished, during the ncaa finals he brought up him being the Nebraskas last champ twice , referred to himself as the goat twice and generally makes things about him every time he’s on any broadcast..this doesn’t take away from his wrestling but it does make him unlikeable at times …

Now for all the “cult” talk if JB and his coach had a history of taunting Rutgers then pulled some dirty stuff and slammed Ashnaults head on the mat, then went and found him after the match and pushed him a 2nd time then blew kissses and taunted the RAC then had to wrestle another Rutgers guy later that day do you think the reaction would be different then what he got at penn state? I mean hell this is NJ I watched all of boardwalk hall boo 16 yr old Nick Menditto when he pulled a huge upset to win a title on a stalling call , the only cult level things I’ve seen is the defending of JB , all the “he’s a hero “ he is an American legend “ “he can’t be booed” he’s above criticism posts

Jordan Burroughs lost a lot of respect from me during 2016 RIO Olympics. He basically quit in the repechage match and lost 11-1 in repechage match. He didn't want to wrestle after losing to Russian in quarter final round 3-2 and cried in the stands. Instead of getting himself together and going for Bronze he quit and tarnished his legacy in my mind.

Y’all are crazy with the hate , as I’ve mentioned on here before I’m a penn state fan but I root for NJ guys over everything ,I was rooting for JB to make the team but to act like he’s innocent is a joke..he’s been poking the bear for years , he’s got into it on twitter years ago with DT ,mocking him for going up to 86kg saying he ran away, he has gotten into it with random penn state guys over the years , then the starocci BO stuff, Manning literally just accused penn state of cheating like 3 weeks ago and is always running his mouth, then after the Messenbrink match manning and JB blew kisses and taunted the crowd , the same part of the arena that booed the loudest and where the career is over comments came from after the Nolf match. JB isn’t a saint , he literally got booed in NJ last year at final X during the whole Chance situation then trashed chance when he didn’t place at worlds saying he would’ve if he had got the spot , and all the extra stuff messenbrink did in the match JB has done his entire career going back to high school he has always been borderline dirty and that edge has helped him become one of the greatest , go rewatch all the trials matches with Dake and DT over the years and look at the after whistle pushes , the eye pokes and gouges , the headbutts that stuff is just the reality of world level wrestling..

and for the guy saying JB is 100 percent right to talk about Staroccis knee , yea maybe during the bout when DC asked JB sure but when carter is getting interviewed and JB has to bring it up again on his own unsolicited is what annoys people .Bo whole point is JB makes everything about himself which is true , he’s an ego maniac and has been for awhile , you can see his tweet from 2015 telling all fans that rooted against him at trials they should be ashamed of themselves for all he’s accomplished, during the ncaa finals he brought up him being the Nebraskas last champ twice , referred to himself as the goat twice and generally makes things about him every time he’s on any broadcast..this doesn’t take away from his wrestling but it does make him unlikeable at times …

Now for all the “cult” talk if JB and his coach had a history of taunting Rutgers then pulled some dirty stuff and slammed Ashnaults head on the mat, then went and found him after the match and pushed him a 2nd time then blew kissses and taunted the RAC then had to wrestle another Rutgers guy later that day do you think the reaction would be different then what he got at penn state? I mean hell this is NJ I watched all of boardwalk hall boo 16 yr old Nick Menditto when he pulled a huge upset to win a title on a stalling call , the only cult level things I’ve seen is the defending of JB , all the “he’s a hero “ he is an American legend “ “he can’t be booed” he’s above criticism posts
Nice thought out response. No one is a saint and There is no love lost between JB and PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT