ADVERTISEMENT

OT: US & International Soccer matches, anyone going?

jaydogsmooth1

Senior
Jul 28, 2021
Lots of good matches coming to the states in the spring and summer. Anyone hitting up any of them?
We'll be at a few:

Italy vs. Peru in Ft. Lauderdale - March 20
Italy vs. Ecuador at Red Bull Arena - March 24
US vs. Columbia in DC - June 8th

Also a rumor that AC Milan will be playing Man City at Yankee Stadium in July.
Anyone else going to matches?

Reactions: tico brown
I bought tickets for Uruguay vs Bolivia at Metlife, other than that I don't have tickets. I think the face value price some of these matches were sold for are absolutely disgraceful.

I really hope fifa doesn't let the price gouging ruin the experience for the every day fan in 2026 but I'm almost certain they will.

I bought tickets for Uruguay vs Bolivia at Metlife, other than that I don't have tickets. I think the face value price some of these matches were sold for are absolutely disgraceful.

I really hope fifa doesn't let the price gouging ruin the experience for the every day fan in 2026 but I'm almost certain they will.
Are usually purchase via the secondary market route, as they usually do flex pricing with the initial on sales and manipulate the manifest to make it look like more people are buying

Will also be interesting to see if the US makes it to the lighter stages of the COPA America, that would be awesome

Reactions: cshelley
Are usually purchase via the secondary market route, as they usually do flex pricing with the initial on sales and manipulate the manifest to make it look like more people are buying

Will also be interesting to see if the US makes it to the lighter stages of the COPA America, that would be awesome
The best prices you can get are through ticketmaster when they go on sale I think. The Uruguay match was $70 each but on secondary market going for closer to $150.

I really can't understand why tickets for Argentina vs El Salvador in Philly are $150 for cheapest, fave value.

If the US makes a deep run I think it will be a tough ticket, and a ticket I hope I can afford 😂😂

The best prices you can get are through ticketmaster when they go on sale I think. The Uruguay match was $70 each but on secondary market going for closer to $150.

I really can't understand why tickets for Argentina vs El Salvador in Philly are $150 for cheapest, fave value.

If the US makes a deep run I think it will be a tough ticket, and a ticket I hope I can afford 😂😂
Depends on the matchup
Italy hasn’t been here in 20 years so I jumped on them quickly
Prob could’ve saved a few bucks by waiting but didn’t want chance it
Just happy there’s so much soccer coming here

Depends on the matchup
I agree, next couple years will be great for soccer in the US, international and club teams coming over

Depends on the matchup
Isn't it funny how "true" Rutgers fans wouldnt dare go to the Bronx after a bowl drought of 10 years to support their team but as soon as something else happens they will undoubtedly shell out for those over priced tickets? And I'm not pointing the finger at you by the way. I responded because you mentioned something about a rumor of Milan/Man in the Bronx, who people will undoubtedly go apeshit over.

Isn't it funny how "true" Rutgers fans wouldnt dare go to the Bronx after a bowl drought of 10 years to support their team but as soon as something else happens they will undoubtedly shell out for those over priced tickets? And I'm not pointing the finger at you by the way. I responded because you mentioned something about a rumor of Milan/Man in the Bronx, who people will undoubtedly go apeshit over.
Yeah I mean if adults are scared of going to Yankee Stadium, I don't know what to say
The Bronx isn't paradise, but it also isn't Mogadishu

Lots of good matches coming to the states in the spring and summer. Anyone hitting up any of them?
We'll be at a few:

Italy-Ecuador in Harrison looks interesting.

I'll be down in Dallas for USMNT's first Copa America group game against Bolivia on 6/23. I impulsively jumped on four tickets to Argentina-Chile at MetLife on 6/25, but am considering putting them up on the secondary market to see what I can get for them. Otherwise, I'll go to that one too.

Would love to go see Liverpool-Arsenal down in Philly, but can't justify $150+ for a meaningless friendly, would rather take a trip across the pond and see the real deal.

(But if Robert Lewandowski and Poland ever happened to play here in the NY/NJ/Philly area, thats a different story)

Would love to go see Liverpool-Arsenal down in Philly, but can't justify $150+ for a meaningless friendly, would rather take a trip across the pond and see the real deal.

(But if Robert Lewandowski and Poland ever happened to play here in the NY/NJ/Philly area, thats a different story)
You still get to see everyone play. They don't sit the stars generally.

If memory serves, I paid about $750 for a pair of tickets for the Stanford Stadium matches in 94. I would be shocked if tickets were anything less than 4x 94 prices.

If you could get tickets you'd get then for a lot less than $150/each as well.

If you ever have the opportunity I'd highly recommend going to a match in England. It's an experience that is worth it even for the lower levels where the passion from the fans is still ever present.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
I have 2 tix for the Copa America Semifinal at MetLife.

I'm real skeptical about the prices on these club friendlies this summer. I'm already trying to plan a trip to the UK with some friends to binge on PL/CL games in the fall or next spring so that we can experience the real thing in their real stadiums with real stakes involved.

I have 2 tix for the Copa America Semifinal at MetLife.

I'm real skeptical about the prices on these club friendlies this summer. I'm already trying to plan a trip to the UK with some friends to binge on PL/CL games in the fall or next spring so that we can experience the real thing in their real stadiums with real stakes involved.
I lived in the UK for 2 years recently. If you ever want suggestions or advice about stadiums, locations, tickets, or just about London/UK in general shoot me a DM I'll gladly help you out.

I lived in the UK for 2 years recently. If you ever want suggestions or advice about stadiums, locations, tickets, or just about London/UK in general shoot me a DM I'll gladly help you out.
oh, i already know where i need to go. issue is logistics and how many can we actually get done in the timeframe we have. Spurs and Millwall are in London and Liverpool and City aren't that far apart.

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
The Etihad
Anfield
The Den
Villa Park is on the list, but not a burning priority, as is St James' Park

Reactions: tico brown
oh, i already know where i need to go. issue is logistics and how many can we actually get done in the timeframe we have. Spurs and Millwall are in London and Liverpool and City aren't that far apart.

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
The Etihad
Anfield
The Den
Villa Park is on the list, but not a burning priority, as is St James' Park
I've been to all except St James' Park.
Great grounds and all worth visiting, even if you just go for a tour of the stadium which I found that most clubs offer a very informative tour. I would consider going to The Valley as well home of Charleton Athletic, one of my favorites and I lived close by.

The toughest part will be timing your trip to coincide with most stadiums you want to see hosting matches.

I was a Tottenham season ticket holder, love the stadium and atmosphere and miss the match day experience.

You can catch the train from London to Manchester/Liverpool, takes about 2 - 2.5 hours.

Going to USA -Uraguay in KC on July first. While there planning on going to Sporting KC and Royals games

Also have tickets to Copa semi at MetLife

We'll be at a few:

Going to try for the City/ Milan game.

Some of us had a great time at the Pinstripe Bowl, even if YS kind of sucks for football with regard to sight lines (and probably the same for soccer). I am curious, though, how the wider soccer field will fit in YS...

https://www.urbansoccerpark.com/blog/soccer-pitch-vs.-football-field
The soccer field at Yankee Stadium is the smallest in the MLS. Real narrow, compared to Red Bulls Arena.

The field runs down the third base line. So the seats behind the first base line is actually pretty good as end zone seats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT