ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Major Winter Storm 3/13-14 (Mixed Bag/High Uncertainty) and 3/10-11 (over)

Wanted to find a weather thread rather than start a new thread.

Right now, Wednesday afternoon, April 5, it is 47 degrees and overcast in Piscataway, while it's 79 degrees and sunny in South Jersey? Odd (I'm watching Maryland at Rutgers softball)...

Wanted to find a weather thread rather than start a new thread.

Right now, Wednesday afternoon, April 5, it is 47 degrees and overcast in Piscataway, while it's 79 degrees and sunny in South Jersey? Odd (I'm watching Maryland at Rutgers softball)...
Classic backdoor cold front with easterly winds where it's cool. Even over 6 miles, the difference was significant, as NB lists a 61F high, while it never went above 51F here in Metuchen (I was outside all day so was keeping track).

6AbPz3n.png

Classic backdoor cold front with easterly winds where it's cool. Even over 6 miles, the difference was significant, as NB lists a 61F high, while it never went above 51F here in Metuchen (I was outside all day so was keeping track).

6AbPz3n.png
I think NB’s high of 61 may have happened overnight. Definitely didn’t feel like 61 there today.

6AbPz3n.png
Thank you for the explanation, Numbers. It was strange watching, but it took me a while to put my finger on why it was strange (people cinching up hoodies, rubbing their hands together). I was in the Washington TWP* house today where it was 79!

* I think I remember you lived in the Whitman Square section. I am not from Jersey, but I moved into a development at the intersection of County House and Mt. Pleasant Roads. I think I forgot to reply to you when you mentioned that, now that I think of it...

ETA: I probably should have started a new thread, but I feel like a guest here and it doesn't seem right for me to do so...

Last edited:

6AbPz3n.png
I can drive a mile or so west and find a 5-6 degree difference so it's not unusual at all this time of year. Matter of fact it's pretty common.

I can drive a mile or so west and find a 5-6 degree difference so it's not unusual at all this time of year. Matter of fact it's pretty common.
Yes definitely down by you guys. Yesterday was a good example. Warm up here and cooler by the coast.

Reactions: knightfan7

6AbPz3n.png
those features after midnight highs...the day was in the upper 40 to low 50s during daylight hours

A classic backdoor cold front sounds like what happens when the doctor performs a DRE. You know, where your front experiences shrinkage normally associated with frigid temps, only in this case due to protesting what's taking place at your back door.

Here is a better graphic showing the temperature gradient on 4/5. ImFrom 53F in Trenton to 75F in Wilmington about 50 miles SW. Impressive...

Fs_NS6PaQAMRyKR

ADVERTISEMENT