ADVERTISEMENT

USA Wrestling proposes 3 pts for takedown and more

rags

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2001

also a 3 point nearfall and no riding point without a nearfall among other proposals

If they want to make a change just eliminate the escape point after a take down. You can earn escape points by choosing defense and that’s it.

It’s dumb that a take down, reversal, escape results in the same differential as a takedown and escape.

Also, depending on the timing/ride out, it’s possible to exit the first period tied with one guy having two take downs and the other guy having one. Seems kind of wrong.

If they want to make a change just eliminate the escape point after a take down. You can earn escape points by choosing defense and that’s it.

It’s dumb that a take down, reversal, escape results in the same differential as a takedown and escape.

Also, depending on the timing/ride out, it’s possible to exit the first period tied with one guy having two take downs and the other guy having one. Seems kind of wrong.
Correct under the current rules you could end the first period tied with one guy having two takedowns and the other with one. Wrestler A- 2-takedown-2pts each for 4 pts, Wrestler B-2 escapes 1pt each and one takedown 2pts(and finish on top) score is 4-4. Too me that is wrong for Wrestler A.

With new rule change of 3 pts per takedown....this scenario would be a 6-5 advantage for Wrestler A with the two takedowns. This seems better to me.

Reactions: obrats
Correct under the current rules you could end the first period tied with one guy having two takedowns and the other with one. Wrestler A- 2-takedown-2pts each for 4 pts, Wrestler B-2 escapes 1pt each and one takedown 2pts(and finish on top) score is 4-4. Too me that is wrong for Wrestler A.

With new rule change of 3 pts per takedown....this scenario would be a 6-5 advantage for Wrestler A with the two takedowns. This seems better to me.
i agree ... some om twitter are suggesting they should also make a reversal worth 3 - not sure I agree with that

I also really like the no riding point without a turn ... would think it would cut down on the parallel rides

i agree ... some om twitter are suggesting they should also make a reversal worth 3 - not sure I agree with that

I also really like the no riding point without a turn ... would think it would cut down on the parallel rides

I agree, the no riding point without a turn would be a great addition.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Not a fan of most of these rule changes and they won't increase the action. The only good proposal is eliminating the riding time point without a turn. They should focus on updating the top stalling rules. Keep the 4 near fall and 2 takedown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT