ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas has spoken, Rutgers +14 @Nebraska. Discuss

A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

thought itd be 15

edit: lines are out on all sites now and consensus is 14 which makes more sense to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 17Q66
I actually called 7.5 to 10, so I am right there! Nebraska could be 0-3 on the season and the Husker fans know that. I watched 2 of their games and they are very beatable. Lucky to escape Arkansas State! Bad QB play (7 Int's the last 2 games) the Defense is respectable though. If we show up with the Washington intensity, we will be in this game and can definitely win it. Take whatever points you get!

Surprised spread is that low....thought it would be a few points higher like 13 or thereabouts

When NEB runs for 85 yards at home on 36 carries against NIU that points out the problem for the Huskers vs NIU.

They may throw 40 times against us if we can stop the run. Will our DB's hold up under that pressure ?

These numbers indicate a borderline blowout. Being positive is nice, but it's a long road to hoe. I hope to be competitive, but something has to blow up at Nebraska for us to win.

Reactions: 17Q66
If only our team had that good of a chance to win but I fear it doesn't.

I hate to say this, but any bettors wary of taking Nebraska after the opening games need only look to the other side of the board, see "Rutgers" to feel much more at ease.

I can't wait for the day that is not true, but right now, you just can't bet Rutgers on the road getting less than two touchdowns.

Edit: Lines are out on all sites now and vegas consensus is +14

When NEB runs for 85 yards at home on 36 carries against NIU that points out the problem for the Huskers vs NIU.

They may throw 40 times against us if we can stop the run. Will our DB's hold up under that pressure ?

And I think their star RB is hurt/ questionable.
Take RU and the points.

If you feel that our offense will "open Up" take the points. If we play defense like we did against Washington we should cover and possibly put ourselves in position to win.

Rutgers is still an unknown. We played well in a home loss to Washington and then lost to a lower division team we should have beat. We beat up on a bad FCS team. Nebraska will be an interesting test. My guess is Nebraska will win by 17 to 20. We may keep it within a TD for a half but in the 2nd half a turnover or bad defensive play will lead to Nebraska pulling ahead. They will get TDs in the 2nd half to our FGs.

Our defense looks good for the most part but our offense still hasn't proven that it can score much on any defense with a pulse.

Plus this game is at Nebraska. They just lost to a MAC team, but one of the best MAC teams so I don't know what that means yet.

Nebraska should be able to win, but hopefully Rutgers can at least make things interesting and keep it close and who knows maybe pull off an upset, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Watched neb this week, beatable
It is true this appears to be a down year for Nebraska but we need to figure out how to score points and their D is solid. I don't ever bet on RU games but giving 2 TDs seems about right to me for the spread. Hope I'm wrong but I don't see it happening for us this week.

These numbers indicate a borderline blowout. Being positive is nice, but it's a long road to hoe. I hope to be competitive, but something has to blow up at Nebraska for us to win.

A 14-20 point loss in Lincoln would hardly be considered a "blowout."

Curious, how many of you out there that agree with the spread played any organized sports, whatsoever? And, out of that group, how many of you felt completely overwhelmed when watching the opposition, warm up?
Because, it sure looks like many here lost their juevos at birth. Which is a direct result of loser mentalities.

Reactions: Knightmoves
We were also 14 point Dogs to Iowa last year at home. I thought we could win that game outright before it started. If Grant did not get injured, the game was there for the taking. I feel the same this week @ Nebraska. Take RU and 14 or more points.

Reactions: RUskoolie
Curious, how many of you out there that agree with the spread played any organized sports, whatsoever? And, out of that group, how many of you felt completely overwhelmed when watching the opposition, warm up?
Because, it sure looks like many here lost their juevos at birth. Which is a direct result of loser mentalities.
So, you took the bet at 10 points and went Rutgers+10?

No one here is saying you might as well NOT play the game because Vegas has spoken. This is just a mental exercise, for some, that suggests what a good bet on this game would look like.

The only "balls" that matter here are the players'.. and when you are done sniffing them maybe a ridiculous point spread will cause some anger on their parts and we'll see some fire.

Nebraska O is not good. QB can run, but not at all accurate with passes. There D is inconsistent, but better against run than pass. Of course, our run game is better than our pass game (it seems) - so they match up well against us when they are on D.

I think our run D has been better than expected. pass D was not great against EMU - but may be able to play well against NU QB (though I expect NU to play their back-up QB at some point).

This was never going to be easy -- but if we can get some rhythm on offense early, run the ball well, take time off the clock and keep it close late - NU is a team afraid of losing and it is certainly possible to take the crowd out of the game--- which will be huge..

Reactions: Knightmoves
Nebraska O is not good. QB can run, but not at all accurate with passes. There D is inconsistent, but better against run than pass. Of course, our run game is better than our pass game (it seems) - so they match up well against us when they are on D.

I think our run D has been better than expected. pass D was not great against EMU - but may be able to play well against NU QB (though I expect NU to play their back-up QB at some point).

This was never going to be easy -- but if we can get some rhythm on offense early, run the ball well, take time off the clock and keep it close late - NU is a team afraid of losing and it is certainly possible to take the crowd out of the game--- which will be huge..

I stopped reading at the QB can run. The NU QB's are all pro style now and the starter Lee is a statue. NU does not have any QB runs in the playbook. A sea cow is more mobile than he is.

When betting/handicapping - and even taking into account "good teams" - one must take into account that teams play differently on the road.

May seem obvious - but this is the first time this year the Knights are playing on the road - significantly with a lot of first year players who are contributors.

I stopped reading at the QB can run. The NU QB's are all pro style now and the starter Lee is a statue. NU does not have any QB runs in the playbook. A sea cow is more mobile than he is.

be nice... he's more mobile than you want to admit..... good to see Riley letting him move more last week...

be nice... he's more mobile than you want to admit..... good to see Riley letting him move more last week...

Ha, The coaches even talk about his lack of mobility. He runs about a 6.0 40. He is good at stepping up into the pocket if the line gives him one but he will not take off and run. He has once this year by the goal line. There was nobody for 10 yards in either direction and he was at the 6 with a running start and had to dive through contact to get in for the score. His lateral movement is the same as a train and I am being nice.

Riley doesn't want him even attempting to run. He would rather he chuck the ball to his mom in the stands.

some fan.
Gambling has nothing to do with being a fan. It's about the $.
I've lost too many bets at the track because I was a fan of a horse. I've won some too. Lemon Drop Kid and Black Tie Affair come to mind as big money makers but you should never bet with your heart.

Reactions: RU31trap
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT