ADVERTISEMENT

Vokolek to Nebraska

what's wrong with wanting to be on a better team ? no different than getting a better job, moving to a nicer town, etc. why blame the guy for upgrading ?

what's wrong with wanting to be on a better team ? no different than getting a better job, moving to a nicer town, etc. why blame the guy for upgrading ?

Because that better team didn't think he was worthy when he was only a two star. There should be some loyalty to the one who took care of you and trained and gave you a chance when nobody else would, don't you think?

And maybe because the fans of Nebraska don't desert their team when they are going through some rough times like they did a few years ago.... unlike the fair weather... so called Rutgers fans who give up on buying tickets when the team hits a rough stretch. Nebraska has sold out every game since before most everyone on this board was born .... sure TV will enjoy playing in front of that atmosphere. RU "fans" sure don't make it easy to recruit here

Many more sports team to let us down in this area than in Nebraska. There they have Nebraska football or Rodeo...Here there is a whole plethora of ways we can be let down besides Rutgers Football

Look at the bright side, at least we are losing transfers to nebraska, OSU and Oregon these days! That has to be good for something. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In the old days we would lose them to Temple, Uconn and Cuse, so this is a step in the right direction.

[smoke]

Reactions: RUDead
Now to see how quickly Frost can get him cleared to play this year. It took forever for our guys (and Langdon hasnt even been given an answer yet I dont think). I'm betting because of that glorious Nebraska history so many have pointed out that he will be given his waiver in two to three weeks

You also got kids coming in from other programs. Goes both ways.
We seem to be the NY Mets picking up George Foster, Vince Coleman, and Bobby Bonilla. We get a good one here and there, but more often than not we are not getting first teamers.

We seem to be the NY Mets picking up George Foster, Vince Coleman, and Bobby Bonilla. We get a good one here and there, but more often than not we are not getting first teamers.
This is not worthy of a response. There is a whole thread that proves this comment wrong.

IMO not even close to a valid comparison.

Was Vokolek a team captain? Because if he was then the comparison w Umoruji as team captain transferring out would be accurate with MBB.

If Vokolek was not a team captain then the MBB transfer is worse imo.

But I'd rather have my Rutgers degrees than one from Nebraska. So there. I didn't play college football.

Hey there's always the State Fair once a year. I heard that's a real hootenanny.

They moved the state fair out of Lincoln a few years ago because NU wanted the property. It bordered the campus and they have expanded campus(they call it the innovation campus) and used part of it for the new soccer and tennis facilities. They also now have room to add full lacrosse facilities which some are going forward for the club team. I think but aren’t positive the new gymnastics arena is on it too. There’s still lots of acres for stuff yet but the State Fair is gone.

Edit, we aren't far enough South to have a hootenanny. Haha

Last edited:
Now to see how quickly Frost can get him cleared to play this year. It took forever for our guys (and Langdon hasnt even been given an answer yet I dont think). I'm betting because of that glorious Nebraska history so many have pointed out that he will be given his waiver in two to three weeks

Noah Vedral who was at UCF with Frost and is from Wahoo, NE transferred to NU in January of 2018. He went through Spring practice without being given a waiver and finally was cleared on October 12th to be eligible immediately. His waiver reason was to get closer to home. UCF is 1437 miles from Lincoln. Wahoo NE is 31 miles from Lincoln. If that doesn't make it a quick deal nothing should, however, as I have posted in other threads, the NCAA isn't always at fault for a delay in deciding on a transfer. Take the Vedral case for an example.
The new rules for transferring don't allow schools to block what school a kid can go to. That doesn't mean that the coaches didn't find a loophole. Before a kid is allowed a waiver the NCAA requires his transcript from the school he is leaving because he must be in good academic standing to be granted a waiver to play right away. Coaches have told the academic side to hold the transcript when they are being babies about where a kid is going or that they are leaving period. The school the player is leaving does not have to provide the transcript until it is required for the fall semester at the new school. UCF held the Vedral transcript despite the pleas from NU for it to be released until right before the fall semester started. Then the NCAA took another 2 months to get it all done.
I am not a fan of the NCAA but most of these cases boil down to the previous school not cooperating to allow for a speedy waiver. You don't think Harbaugh won't play this game some? Ha It's a shitty thing to do but is happening more all the time.

Reactions: MOBFreehold
They moved the state fair out of Lincoln a few years ago because NU wanted the property. It bordered the campus and they have expanded campus(they call it the innovation campus) and used part of it for the new soccer and tennis facilities. They also now have room to add full lacrosse facilities which some are going forward for the club team. I think but aren’t positive the new gymnastics arena is on it too. There’s still lots of acres for stuff yet but the State Fair is gone.

Edit, we aren't far enough South to have a hootenanny. Haha
Well than lets just call it one helluva shindig. Or do you guys call it a hoedown? Whatever, it's one kickass jamboree. The corn cob shucking contest I hear is a must see. Got some real local ringers out there.:)

Well than lets just call it one helluva shindig. Or do you guys call it a hoedown? Whatever, it's one kickass jamboree. The corn cob shucking contest I hear is a must see. Got some real local ringers out there.:)

Some use shindig here so that'll work. Ha

Reactions: koleszar
This feels like a good time to tip my hat to the UNK professor who I once banged.

Nebraska grows 'em good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT