ADVERTISEMENT

Vote for RU's gameday atmosphere at ESPN

Voted, we should be better than 8 seed, top four for sure

Originally posted by RUwoz:
in the big 10? i don't know about that. but definitely top half, and definitely better than minnesota.

Top 4? Seriously? w

OSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska are all above us. Probably PSU and Iowa as well. 8th is perfect.

Originally posted by mikemarc1:
Top 4? Seriously? w

OSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska are all above us. Probably PSU and Iowa as well. 8th is perfect.
iowa is borderline, but i generally agree with 7/8. doesn't mean we need to vote that way! let's take this from minnesota and then go as far as we can.

we're currently losing in votes 369 to 121. lots of ground to make up. post this one other boards too so people see it.

my list...

1) Wisconsin
2) OSU
3) Nebraska
4) Penn State
5) Michigan
6) Michigan State
7) Iowa
8) RU
9) Illinois
10) Minnesota
11) Purdue
12) Maryland
13) Indiana
14) Northwestern

There is a big gap between RU and Iowa. Iowa fans are rabid and have a huge amount of pride in their team.
#8-12 is really interchangeable depending on how the season is going.

Originally posted by Rutgers25:
my list...

1) Wisconsin
2) OSU
3) Nebraska
4) Penn State
5) Michigan
6) Michigan State
7) Iowa
8) RU
9) Illinois
10) Minnesota
11) Purdue
12) Maryland
13) Indiana
14) Northwestern

There is a big gap between RU and Iowa. Iowa fans are rabid and have a huge amount of pride in their team.
#8-12 is really interchangeable depending on how the season is going.
yeah i'm not too familiar with the iowa teams. i've seen just a few games of each, maybe i was confusing their atmosphere with that of iowa state's. then it seems #8 was the best we could hope for. regardless, we should be winning this poll. now 452 - 204 in minny's favor.

1) OSU
2)Wisconsin
3)RU

Nebraska is definitely the nicest atmosphere, but otherwise unimpressive to me. The sellout streak is a sham because boosters just buy up remaining tickets to small games and they aren't used. So technically a sellout, but nowhere near capacity

Voted.

I'm thinking we trail Minnesota because most of us avoid anything ESPN. I only click on that corporations things when there is something here suggesting I do.

Nebraska is definitely the nicest atmosphere, but otherwise unimpressive to me. The sellout streak is a sham because boosters just buy up remaining tickets to small games and they aren't used. So technically a sellout, but nowhere near capacity
Yeah...just because Nebraska has sold out EVERY GAME since Nov 1962...yeah, its just a sham.

9067a01aac0b4762281e9471c596774a.jpg

They correctly note that Rutgers is the birthplace of college football. But they fail to note that Rutgers is also the birthplace of football tailgating.

1) OSU
2)Wisconsin
3)RU

Let me inform you of how ticket stuff works at NU.

There are 5000 student tickets that the student have to purchase.
There are 4500 visitor tickets in the allotment.
The rest of the the seats(90,000 capacity) are season tickets.
There is no such thing as single game tickets at NU. No game packages for 3 games, no giveaways and no group deals.

They only tickets are available after season tickets are ones returned by visiting teams that can't sell the allotment. People sign up for these before the season starts to get on a waiting list for them. Depending on where you are on the waiting list and how many are returned(I think you are only allowed to purchase 4) depends if you get a call or email and you have to respond immediately or they will move to the next person. Last years waiting list had 4500 people on it.

That is how the ticket deal works at NU.

Thanks

Originally posted by huskersalways:
Let me inform you of how ticket stuff works at NU.

There are 5000 student tickets that the student have to purchase.
There are 4500 visitor tickets in the allotment.
The rest of the the seats(90,000 capacity) are season tickets.
There is no such thing as single game tickets at NU. No game packages for 3 games, no giveaways and no group deals.

They only tickets are available after season tickets are ones returned by visiting teams that can't sell the allotment. People sign up for these before the season starts to get on a waiting list for them. Depending on where you are on the waiting list and how many are returned(I think you are only allowed to purchase 4) depends if you get a call or email and you have to respond immediately or they will move to the next person. Last years waiting list had 4500 people on it.

That is how the ticket deal works at NU.

Thanks
That's what I would call supporting the program. Over 80, 000 season tickets Just amazing. Great stuff.

I just voted (link is in the original post). I implore you to do so, as well. RU is losing to Minnesota, at this moment.

I thought Michigan State couldn't fill half of their seats for some games this season and I do recall Dantonio calling out the fans about the lack of enthusiasm. I think we're probably 7 right now behind Iowa and ahead of Michigan State. But if we ever create JH's athletic village, we could definitely jump Iowa and move to 6. Gonna be tough to beat out Nebraska and Michigan to move any higher up for a while. Not bad though, not bad at all.

Where is the thread rater when we need him? His dogged, psychotic determination would carry us to victory!

1) OSU
2)Wisconsin
3)RU

yea, I'm gonna have to totally disagree with you here. I was in Lincoln in October and as much as I love Rutgers and realize we are a B1G team I'm pretty sure the NU fans didn't see us as a "big"game. That stadium was packed to capacity for the game...at kick off. We met tons of people that weekend that told us they drive for 200 miles or more...in one direction....to get to every home game.

Do you also know that on a NU home game day the stadium is the 3rd largest city in the state of Nebraska?

NO EMPTY SEATS. ANYWHERE.

DSCN0337_zps4ab139c3.jpg

kickoff_zps95f849dc.jpg

Rutgers and Maryland are both going to get trounced in these polls. It's basically our fan base vs. all the other B1G fan bases. Most have never been to our games or know next to nothing about game day, as opposed to years and years of games vs. the rest of the league. Being seeded 8th is getting props by the writer.

Originally posted by Knight_Light:

Yeah...just because Nebraska has sold out EVERY GAME since Nov 1962...yeah, its just a sham.

9067a01aac0b4762281e9471c596774a.jpg
Yeah well we don't often agree but you nailed it here.

Go spend a football weekend in Lincoln when literally the entire city is turned into a 2 day party for hundreds of thousands and then come back and tell me they are fudging the stastistics.

You guys know I love RU more than no other but if we win 3 NCs in a row we still will not supercede Nebraskas fanbase.

Originally posted by MrsScrew:
1) OSU
2)Wisconsin
3)RU

yea, I'm gonna have to totally disagree with you here. I was in Lincoln in October and as much as I love Rutgers and realize we are a B1G team I'm pretty sure the NU fans didn't see us as a "big"game. That stadium was packed to capacity for the game...at kick off. We met tons of people that weekend that told us they drive for 200 miles or more...in one direction....to get to every home game.

Do you also know that on a NU home game day the stadium is the 3rd largest city in the state of Nebraska?

NO EMPTY SEATS. ANYWHERE.

ec

ec
The first picture shows that the stadium is not even large enough for all of their seats so dozens of them actually hover above the stadium during the game.

Then Tell Lucci/ Let Him Get Busy on a Campaign to Enlighten America

Rutgers, home of college football / tailgating: the Scarlet Experience!

MO

Downside of this board sometimes is people all the time just make shit up and pass it off as fact. Obviously RUwoz has no idea how Nebraska tickets work, but I guess you just make crap up, pass it along as a fact and hope no one knows any better? Why would you do that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT