ADVERTISEMENT

VT Game: Scouts Day

NickRU714

Heisman Winner
Aug 18, 2009
Unfortunately the VT game is Scouts Day so guess we have to bring the kids.
We expected to go without them and ship the kids to grandma for the day.

Does anyone know or seen before the pregame scout entrance?
I don't remember ever seeing one at a game.

Somerset Patriots had a Scout Night couple weeks ago - all the kids went out to the infield and stood out there for the national anthem.

Unfortunately the VT game is Scouts Day so guess we have to bring the kids.
We expected to go without them and ship the kids to grandma for the day.

Does anyone know or seen before the pregame scout entrance?
I don't remember ever seeing one at a game.

Somerset Patriots had a Scout Night couple weeks ago - all the kids went out to the infield and stood out there for the national anthem.
There is a lot on the table that day. Can't answer your question. But perhaps the Scouts are part of the "and more" in bold below? Doubt it will be an on field parade- probably just down the boardwalk?

It's also First Responder Day, from what I was told. We were hoping to do an on field presentation of a scholarship we endowed for Rutgers students who are firefighters/EMTs, but the schedule looks to be mighty crowded.

"a pregame flyover by the New Jersey State Police, the national anthem performed by a member of Special Olympics New Jersey, celebrity guests and an inspiring halftime show featuring groups from throughout the Rutgers community."

"As part of celebrating the community, members of the Embrace Kids Foundation, Dance Marathon, Saturdays In Motion, Elijah's Promise, Special Olympics New Jersey and more will join in the pregame parade down The Rutgers Boardwalk. That leads to the Scarlet Walk. Special Olympics New Jersey will later join as honorary captains for the coin toss at midfield.

Marching bands of all levels and sizes are invited to the Scarlet Out/R Community Game. All participating bands will get to experience a game day as members of The Marching Scarlet Knights – from pregame practice, to leading the pep rally, to an on-field halftime performance. For more information and to register your band today please visit the Band Day page."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT