ADVERTISEMENT

W Soccer Move Up in Coaches' Poll

That Ranking is a little crazy considering they played a ranked opponent have have yet to be scored on.
They should be top 12 at this point based on their history

Good (expected) start to season. Has not been toughest schedule compared to other top teams. Season really starts this weekend at Georgetown.

Field Hockey is undefeated as well. Currently ranked #22 in the nation. http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/fieldhockey/d1

Women's Soccer is doing awesome, I hope this is the year they finally can get over the hump and win the Big Ten Championship and have another good run at the NCAA.

Always one of the best teams at Rutgers year in and year out.

Last edited:
RU W soccer looks like a top 10 team. I pay little attention to rankings until half way into a season. The whole preseason ranking business is a fraud and no where is it more evident than in football. Teams just getting defaulted into a spot just because of prior year performance, history of program, money, eyeballs etc. The play on field will determine which are the strong programs. Texas in football may have top 20 talent and money but they are not a top 20 team.

GO RU

Field Hockey is undefeated as well. Currently ranked #22 in the nation. http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/fieldhockey/d1

Women's Soccer is doing awesome, I hope this is the year they finally can get over the hump and win the Big Ten Championship and have another good run at the NCAA.

Always one of the best teams at Rutgers year in and year out.

Field Hockey MIGHT play the toughest schedule in the nation. We have, or will have faced, 11 of the Top 30 RPI ranked schools going into the season. We are currently, IIRC, 3-0 against them thus far (Kent/ODU/Penn) by a combined 10-2!

I went to a field hockey game last season, it was really fun, it was against a top-5 (I think) Penn State, and we had a great come back and took them to Overtime, but it was sudden death and they scored first. I hate Penn State, but that said I like our team and we may have a couple athletes/teams competing at the top levels this sports year. The recruiting impact of the Big Ten, who's schools all seem to be good in every sport, is starting for us it seems finally

I mentioned this on the other board, but the B1G has SEVEN ranked Field Hockey teams out of nine (RU, PSU, MD, OSU, NW, Michigan, and Iowa). Yet another sport the B1G as a whole is elite in.

great start ladies in soccer and field hockey. But as mentioned we need to give it a couple of more weeks to see if it is just a hot start or if these teams are real top 10 quality.

Hopefully both make the NCAAs since last year as a whole our athletic dept struggled with only a few teams doing well.

great start ladies in soccer and field hockey. But as mentioned we need to give it a couple of more weeks to see if it is just a hot start or if these teams are real top 10 quality.

Hopefully both make the NCAAs since last year as a whole our athletic dept struggled with only a few teams doing well.

"just a hot start"? You do realize our women were in the Final 4 2 years ago, and made the NCAA's again last year, as they have for the last 5 now, right? That they had one of the nation's best classes, with the national player of the year, and returned Casey Murphy, right?

Field Hockey, as I've stated on the "other sports" board thread, still might have a ways to go - and arguably plays the toughest schedule in the nation - but IS on the way. Young team, young starts, and more coming (apparently)!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT