ADVERTISEMENT

We are hosting Easter BRUNCH, so we can root on R MLax vs Hopkins!

I'm still trying to figure out why a NIGHT game, on Easter Sunday, would be an issue. Most people I know either a) have dinner post-midnight or b) Sunday afternoon. The game is Sunday NIGHT this really, IMHO, should be very little of a conflict for most.

I'm still trying to figure out why a NIGHT game, on Easter Sunday, would be an issue. Most people I know either a) have dinner post-midnight or b) Sunday afternoon. The game is Sunday NIGHT this really, IMHO, should be very little of a conflict for most.
It’s makes a difference for people who don’t live close and meet with family in the middle of the afternoon.

It’s makes a difference for people who don’t live close and meet with family in the middle of the afternoon.

Of course but my guess is 95% of our men's lax fans live within the hour, right? Again, I understand some have different schedules, I just don't see the 7PM start to be THAT big of a hindrance to getting there but, hey, I could be wrong.

I just find the irony of how everyone makes a huge deal out of football not being on Jewish holidays, but RU fans who are Catholic get screwed by having lax on Easter and no one bats an eye. That said my family fortunately does brunch so I'm in the clear. I just wish the game was on Easter Eve night instead to maximize attendance.

I just find the irony of how everyone makes a huge deal out of football not being on Jewish holidays, but RU fans who are Catholic get screwed by having lax on Easter and no one bats an eye. That said my family fortunately does brunch so I'm in the clear. I just wish the game was on Easter Eve night instead to maximize attendance.

I think most here are 100% against ANY schedule changes, for ANY sport, due to a religious holiday. I have been 100% clear, and outspoken, about this over the years. We are a PUBLIC university. Period. We really shouldn't be scheduling around any holidays purely for religious purposes.

Reactions: Jim_from_RU
I think most here are 100% against ANY schedule changes, for ANY sport, due to a religious holiday. I have been 100% clear, and outspoken, about this over the years. We are a PUBLIC university. Period. We really shouldn't be scheduling around any holidays purely for religious purposes.
I'm merely commenting on the double standard.

Of course but my guess is 95% of our men's lax fans live within the hour, right? Again, I understand some have different schedules, I just don't see the 7PM start to be THAT big of a hindrance to getting there but, hey, I could be wrong.
Yes, 95% probably live within an hour. However, some people on Easter have to do an hour or so driving to where they are going and then an hour back. Everyone’s situation is different. That’s a full day if you have to make that many trips

Lots of people start their family gathering at 2, 3 or even 4 pm for Easter.

Personally, I have never heard of post-midnight gathering. Learn something new every day.

Reactions: dconifer
If only OSU pulled off the upset of ND, all 6 B1G teams would be ranked tomorrow. Michigan will be Top 15 IMO after beating ND on the road, RU/MD/Hopkins will be Top 10 and PSU will be ranked.

Reactions: biazza38
Lots of people start their family gathering at 2, 3 or even 4 pm for Easter.

Personally, I have never heard of post-midnight gathering. Learn something new every day.
Basically what I remember from last year is that Sunday night is the BTN lacrosse slot. Which okay that’s fine, I can live with that. What kinda ticks me off is that we have the Easter night game back to back years. I don’t expect the B1G to really look deep into the schedule when creating it, but it’s still a bummer. Especially since last year we only had two home conference games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT