ADVERTISEMENT

We have a Quarterback.

I was at the Illinois game last year. When they put in Gio, Rutgers looked like a different team. He threw for 120 yards and ran for about 40 in a little over a half. So that makes 2 good games. And the rest of the games he played with a bad hammy

New QBs often throw college defenses out of whack - it used to happen to RU all the time back in days of sending opposition starting QBs to the bench.

Maybe Gio is a little better at some things. Maybe Bolin gets a little better. Won't matter much because ALL of RUs QBs are ham and eggers on a team that's not very menacing. If Bolin is playing I assume Kill had some say and guys were "pinching" themselves Kill was RUs OC.

I think this years team wont be measured in more wins as much as less of blowouts. RU isn't scoring a lot of points but maybe giving up less points is possible. Kill seems focused on using offense to keep other teams offenses off the field. He's runs the up-tempo stuff like Army (hurry-up and wait)

Would love to see a healthy Gio play this coming weekend. He actually give a threat when we run stretch read and he can put the ball deep (because he will step into a throw).

Reactions: Garybredow
We should try using all 3 QBs to confuse the enemy. Problem is, we would also confuse ourselves. Might come down to the old " who gives us a better chance to win this week ". We very seldom every get that one right.
A good QB makes up for other offensive deficiencies and keeps the fans interested in the game.

Reactions: Garybredow
At Rutgers, the player who's the answer is always on the bench. Or in high school. Not actually playing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT