ADVERTISEMENT

We will be better, but will our record reflect it?

all true, and Washington lost its coach too but surely their next batch of starters and also philosophy are ahead of ours.

It’s not whether these teams are better than OSU, PSU and UM. Of course they aren’t. But they are very likely better than us.
I know this will sound snotty and I'm sorry BUT I don't know how you can say that with Washington unless you just want to believe it with absolutly nothing to back it up.

I know this will sound snotty and I'm sorry BUT I don't know how you can say that with Washington unless you just want to believe it with absolutly nothing to back it up.
Washington had playmakers all over the field and not all were underclassmen. Their philosophy was to score. Our philosophy was the opposite, which was not to score but capitalize on turnovers, short fields and punting if starting drives from the 30.

And they will have a better, new QB than us for sure.

With our talent and propensity for scoring, which philosophy wins ?

i see the 3 toughest opponents in order USC, Va Tech, and Nebraska. All Away.

Washington returns all of 3 starters, none on Offense. I'd at least put Wisconsin and Maryland ahead of them.
We are Rutgers we never ever count a game as a W unless it’s Wagner , Howard or Norfolk st .

Washington had playmakers all over the field and not all were underclassmen. Their philosophy was to score. Our philosophy was the opposite, which was not to score but capitalize on turnovers, short fields and punting if starting drives from the 30.

And they will have a better, new QB than us for sure.

With our talent and propensity for scoring, which philosophy wins ?
And a vast majority of those playmakers bolted. They lost over 40 members of their '23 roster. They had a number of their top '24 recruits decommit.

I'm gonna stop now because it's useless going back and forth with someone who just wants to be negaitve for the heck of it.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Many posters have been here for years and have always questioned aspects of Greg’s inability to sound positive . After listening to this initial first post practice scrimmage report I can not help but notice an entirely different feeling. Even when Schiano paused on a question to answer he literally seemed positive and upbeat.There is some crazy calmness, positive vibe you hear in his voice going forward. That is not something most expect from Greg Schiano.

Reactions: knightfan7
I’d be giddy too after receiving a $2+ million dollar raise and an extension based on 3-6 conference record

he has the salary cheat code cuz it ain’t based on performance. No one should care about an exhibition bowl win against a team with QB who didn’t play year and all but one of its key players sitting out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT