ADVERTISEMENT

What ticked me off watching today

PhilaPhans

Best Poster Ever!
Apr 23, 2005
Gibbstown, NJ
I watched a bit of the game today (admittedly not all of it), and we outclassed Indiana from start to finish. I'm beyond happy they won and hope they can keep a decent streak going and find a good NCAA seed.

But what really frustrated me today was the number of two point shots that were taken from right inside the three point line. Anybody following basketball knows that analytics have shown that that shot is the dumbest shot that a person can really take. But for a stretch that's all we were taking. It just doesn't make sense.

Did not see the game so I can only offer a generic comment - for some shooters, a foot inside the arc is the extent of their range.

Originally posted by PhilaPhans:
I watched a bit of the game today (admittedly not all of it), and we outclassed Indiana from start to finish. I'm beyond happy they won and hope they can keep a decent streak going and find a good NCAA seed.

But what really frustrated me today was the number of two point shots that were taken from right inside the three point line. Anybody following basketball knows that analytics have shown that that shot is the dumbest shot that a person can really take. But for a stretch that's all we were taking. It just doesn't make sense.
RU has perfected the 2 point jump shot from outside the lane. 15-17 foot jumpers

Laney, Copper and Scaife can all hit them easily. Canty and Syessence can hit it as well.

We break the zone with our 2 point jumpers, and if Copper, Laney or Scaife are open in that shot, they should shoot it all day

and I know we have discussed this in previous threads but why isn't Cnthyia Hernandez playing more she is what we need to open up the floor to allow our guards room in the paint she is our only 3 point threat I just don't get it!!

CVS mentioned, on several occasions, "Hernandez's coming out game". However, when the team needed points in the last minute of today's game, with the starters in foul trrouble, Hernandez is on the bench ? I am guessing that CVS doesn't believe her own interpretation of a "coming out"?

Hernández and Parker are the fourth and fifth guards and played 9 and 7 minutes, respectively. Those are healthy minutes for their positions on the team.

If the only thing, as a player, you can contribute right now is trying a 3 from a set play, you won't get much playing time. This team needs what it has needed for some time, namely a starting caliber player who is a 3 pt threat. Every other team we play, and most certainly in the B1 G, has at least one. I continue to be dumbfounded by our lack of such a player. Our weakness is glaringly obvious to even the most casual fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT