ADVERTISEMENT

What's up with Peoples ?

Here's what:

2012 - RS
2013 - minimal contribution
2014 - led one of the nation's worst running attacks
2015 - injured all season

...so he HOPEFULLY has 2 more years to play.

I believe OP is referring to the fact he wasn't at practice yesterday. Wasn't even seen in the bubble.

"Whats Up With Peoples" - Up with People is an education organization whose stated mission is to bridge cultural barriers and create global understanding through service and a musical show. My sister was a singer for them when she was in her teens.

Up, up with people
You see them wherever you go

Up, up with people
There the best darn folks we know

I went to HS with a guy who performed with them.

As for Desmond Peoples, don't know if he's been cleared to play yet.

He can be a useful 3rd down back in this system

not if he can't pick up a blitz like other people we have had in that role.

And if he has concussion issues, well then I wish him well and hope he has taken advantage of the educational opportunities given him.

In most top programs, there are guys like Peoples who can actually contribute and still find it hard to get out on the field. Thats a good sign of our talent level at the position. If Peoples is a good senior leader, or CAN BE, I hope he'd stick around and help lead a team with a new coach - senior leadership is a HUGE piece to coaching transitions.

not if he can't pick up a blitz like other people we have had in that role.

And if he has concussion issues, well then I wish him well and hope he has taken advantage of the educational opportunities given him.

Our 4th string guy could be a lot worse than someone like Peoples. He isn't necessarily a lower level back than Hicks or Martin, just a back for a different style of RB. There are successful players like Peoples around this country.

It will be interesting to see what type of RB Ash and company use for this version of the spread. OSU doesn't like small running backs, all their backs since urban have been guys who can move a pile. A guy who can hit a cutback to daylight but also gain 3 when there isn't much there.

Our 4th string guy could be a lot worse than someone like Peoples. He isn't necessarily a lower level back than Hicks or Martin, just a back for a different style of RB. There are successful players like Peoples around this country.

It will be interesting to see what type of RB Ash and company use for this version of the spread. OSU doesn't like small running backs, all their backs since urban have been guys who can move a pile. A guy who can hit a cutback to daylight but also gain 3 when there isn't much there.

My point was that a 3rd down back needs to be able to pick up the blitzing LB or safety or chip a DE and not just play matador like we saw way too much of last season. Maybe Peoples would be better then Goodwin was, but I hope for the most part we focus on our top 2 backs.

I never got why our third down back had to be someone other than James, Hicks or Martin. Never made sense to me that on a third down where it is either pick up first down or give the ball back that you would use your 4th string back. For upcoming season why can't Hick's and /or Martin play on third down?

point well taken why take Hicks or Martin off the field on 3rd down, Godwin a good back, but not as good as Hicks or Martin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT