ADVERTISEMENT

Where has Geo Been?

Geo sat behind me in section 115 for the Ohio State game. It was kinda weird that they gave celebrity shout outs to most people in the audience but not him. Maybe he asked that they not do it. I bugged him for an autograph and he was gracious enough to give it to me.

If you're suggesting that he should comment on what's going on, I think it's clear he is taking the high road. If you don't have anything good to say...

Where have you been? They literally showed him on the jumbotron and announced him on the loudspeaker to an ovation by the crowd in the Maryland game. That was 2 games ago. Do they have to do it every game for you to be happy? He’s been to plenty of games and is active on twitter during and after almost every game also

Geo sat behind me in section 115 for the Ohio State game. It was kinda weird that they gave celebrity shout outs to most people in the audience but not him. Maybe he asked that they not do it. I bugged him for an autograph and he was gracious enough to give it to me.

If you're suggesting that he should comment on what's going on, I think it's clear he is taking the high road. If you don't have anything good to say...
Out of curiosity, what do you do with a Geo Baker autograph? I've never really understood the autograph thing for anyone not a figure that would be historical.

I remember my senior year of HS our coach took us to the regional practices at the Meadowlands and we were talking to the Temple team. It was the year Mark Macon burst on the scene as a freshman. Talking to him and he's suddenly like "you want an autograph"? I replied "dude, you are year older than me and if you stick in the area over summer, we'll probably play each other, I don't want your autograph. Want mine?"

Wonder if he's going to get into coaching. I'd love to see him working his way through the college coaching ranks to a place on R Hoops staff, then who knows? RU HC?

He def could - I was thinking about Ron as well, such a great bball mind. Was fun and informative reading his detailed responses to situational bball questions.

Think Geo ends up a sports exec, agent, etc…something entrepreneurial - regardless, hes a really bright guy.

Out of curiosity, what do you do with a Geo Baker autograph? I've never really understood the autograph thing for anyone not a figure that would be historical.

I remember my senior year of HS our coach took us to the regional practices at the Meadowlands and we were talking to the Temple team. It was the year Mark Macon burst on the scene as a freshman. Talking to him and he's suddenly like "you want an autograph"? I replied "dude, you are year older than me and if you stick in the area over summer, we'll probably play each other, I don't want your autograph. Want mine?"
What do you do with collectible coins, stamps, baseball cards, jewels…you hold them, look at them, appreciate them, display them…

I think OP was talking about his presence on the board so it’s kind of a legitimate question although Geo has no obligation to post. The real question is where is RHJ? He created an account for like one comment and that’s it. Legendary stuff

He goes to a bunch of games probably why he didn’t want a shout out.

Reactions: LeapinLou
I think OP was talking about his presence on the board so it’s kind of a legitimate question although Geo has no obligation to post. The real question is where is RHJ? He created an account for like one comment and that’s it. Legendary stuff
Sometimes the stupidity and venom turns off people.

ex players probably have little tolerance for the trolls that just want to cause trouble on this board and can't see the point in getting upset after seeing good discussions on RU basketball ruined by the troll like creatures that infest this board .
They gave their all for the program and don't have the patience to put up with baddies that only want to cause trouble on a RU board .
The better question is why some come on boards just to cause trouble.
Are their lives so "bad" that bothering others make them feel worthwhile?

ex players probably have little tolerance for the trolls that just want to cause trouble on this board and can't see the point in getting upset after seeing good discussions on RU basketball ruined by the troll like creatures that infest this board .
They gave their all for the program and don't have the patience to put up with baddies that only want to cause trouble on a RU board .
The better question is why some come on boards just to cause trouble.
Are their lives so "bad" that bothering others make them feel worthwhile?

Liley this. Plus posters here are making accusations and denigrating guys our ex players know, played with and might be tight with. You can't win by engaging an angry mob or a troll....so better to take the high road.

Last edited:
Not sure if Baker is coaching anywhere, but know that:
Geo started a basketball training business in Woodbridge ,NJ called GB Go Beyond.
He also co-founded the Knight Society, which helps Rutgers athletes profit from NIL opportunities.
Yes. Coaching up kids

To be more specific, he signed my RU basketball jersey, which also has autographs from Quincy Douby, Lance Thomas, Ace, and Dylan on it. It's for my personal enjoyment.

I liked your Mark Macon story. Man could we use his 3 point shooting next season.

As others have said, Geo has his businesses to run. He makes plenty of time for Rutgers. He goes to games. The guy literally has his own Rutgers podcast. If you really cared about Geo's take, you would be listening to that. But you're just a troll. Geo has no obligation to post end of season thoughts here just like we have no obligation to take you seriously.

Geo has a life he doesn’t have the time like most people to live on this message board. He is teaching kids basketball trying to our alligator armed fans and alums to donate something anything for the cause. I’m sure he is also bal$$ deep in Somerset county PAWGS. Can you imagine spending hours a day on this board. It means you literally have nothing going on.

• Haha
Reactions: jerzeyguy
To be more specific, he signed my RU basketball jersey, which also has autographs from Quincy Douby, Lance Thomas, Ace, and Dylan on it. It's for my personal enjoyment.

I liked your Mark Macon story. Man could we use his 3 point shooting next season.

I have signed RU gear as well that I collect. It’s for me, not for profit.

Reactions: LeapinLou
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT