ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Where RFootball stands in Rivals rankings after Mascoe commitment

"Rutgers moves up to the number 26 overall spot in the Rivals rankings and is also now within striking distance of Ohio State for the sixth spot and could surpass the Buckeyes by landing another commit."

What?

"Rutgers moves up to the number 26 overall spot in the Rivals rankings and is also now within striking distance of Ohio State for the sixth spot and could surpass the Buckeyes by landing another commit."

What?
I didn’t see that in the story

It must have been updated.

The only reason we're that high right now is because the number of commits. By Signing Day we'll be much lower with just a bunch of 3 stars.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegock and RUShea
Being in the bottom half of the league is definitely discouraging . You really need to thread the needle to have success with this formula.
We have to hope many guys over-perform their star rankings , get coached guys up etc. And you got to hope our competitors have guys that underperform.
It can happen but it’s a tough road to go down

Reactions: RUShea
It is still early, but what the heck is going on with Maryland's recruiting? 11 recruits, 9 3 stars and no 4 or 5 stars.

FWIW, Wisconsin only has 1 four star, and only Michigan (4), Michigan State (6), Northwestern (4), Penn State (10) and Ohio State (11) have more than 2 four star recruits. Ohio State is the only team with a five star recruit. As usual, the teams at/near the top of the B1G East are leading the pack by a mile.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84

The only reason we're that high right now is because the number of commits. By Signing Day we'll be much lower with just a bunch of 3 stars.

And Michigan will not end up at #44

It’s based on the number of recruits at this early point.
We have a lot more than most hence the ranking.
With 16 recruits we don’t have one 4 star recruit.

I noticed that in 2022, Rivals ranked us 40th with six 4-star recruits. So currently being 26th with zero 4-star recruits seems like it's actually a bad thing. We're filling up and not getting any 4-stars which means we'll fall way behind as other teams fill up.
Nobody trusts Schiano more than me but the optics aren't great. You want to have at least a top 40 class every year. Still a long ways to go.

Reactions: RUShea and MADHAT1
The game has changed from recruiting to TP. Success will depend on who can land players from TP.
So let's not get all worked up about recruiting rankings. This metric is no longer relevant and will disappear completely. Players are who are four or five stars may opt out of playing in college completely or be one and done. Or go play in some Saudi league and live like a Sheikh.

I noticed that in 2022, Rivals ranked us 40th with six 4-star recruits. So currently being 26th with zero 4-star recruits seems like it's actually a bad thing. We're filling up and not getting any 4-stars which means we'll fall way behind as other teams fill up.
Nobody trusts Schiano more than me but the optics aren't great. You want to have at least a top 40 class every year. Still a long ways to go.
It’s a disappointment at this stage. With no blue chip recruits like last year we might finish around the high 40’s or more likely in the 50’s with the final class rankings. Fran Brown effect.

Reactions: LeapinLou
It’s a disappointment at this stage. With no blue chip recruits like last year we might finish around the high 40’s or more likely in the 50’s with the final class rankings. Fran Brown effect.
Don't be glum. And don't forget the NIL effect, which is probably equal to or greater than the Fran Brown effect.

The game has changed from recruiting to TP. Success will depend on who can land players from TP.
So let's not get all worked up about recruiting rankings. This metric is no longer relevant and will disappear completely. Players are who are four or five stars may opt out of playing in college completely or be one and done. Or go play in some Saudi league and live like a Sheikh.
Yup, Rutgers is building the foundation with 3 stars. We will have a very sound and solid team. Then, once you’ve got a team, you can add more big play men from portal. NIL’s makes recruiting 5-4 stars out of HS very tough. Dey says he needs 13mil in NIL money to compete.

It is interesting to look at recruiting around the league, you have the perennials, OSU, PSU, Northwestern (a one yr. wonder?), and MSU, with what appears to be very solid classes with a strong mix of 4 stars, but after that, at least for right now you don't have more than an occasional 4 star, so what's up is it just early, is it a down year, will the plethora of 3 Stars generate some 4 stars later in the year. Not sure what's happening but definitely something seems off.

Hope you are right
We shall see later in the year
Oh, the loss of Fran certainly hurts, but Greg was going to eventually have to face the fact that Fran wanted to keep getting promoted, and that is not unreasonable for Fran to expect. The problem for Greg was when and to what position to the point of would it have been a net positive. The answer to those questions are not clear.

Pretty clear that Greg felt Fran was not ready to be his DC, and it deoesn't appear that a lot of other programs came call with a DC offering, while Georgia is certainly a higher profile program and there is a benefit to being in the spotlight if you want to get promoted, it was still a lateral with a few mor bucks

I'd like to know what's going on with MSu. How they went from where they were two years ago to how awesome they got so fast.

I'd like to know what's going on with MSu. How they went from where they were two years ago to how awesome they got so fast.
They stole our Keep Chopping slogan, that's how. 😜

Took a look at who has done the recruiting for them, and it is really spread out among several coaches. The impressive thing is that they are getting recruits from all over- Texas, Iowa, Florida, and only one of their 4 star recruits is from Michigan. Tucker has turned it around quickly.

It is interesting to look at recruiting around the league, you have the perennials, OSU, PSU, Northwestern (a one yr. wonder?), and MSU, with what appears to be very solid classes with a strong mix of 4 stars, but after that, at least for right now you don't have more than an occasional 4 star, so what's up is it just early, is it a down year, will the plethora of 3 Stars generate some 4 stars later in the year. Not sure what's happening but definitely something seems off.
We will not be competitive in the B1G with a class full of 3 star recruits. No sugarcoating it…

Took a look at who has done the recruiting for them, and it is really spread out among several coaches. The impressive thing is that they are getting recruits from all over- Texas, Iowa, Florida, and only one of their 4 star recruits is from Michigan. Tucker has turned it around quickly.

Don't forget the transfer portal. Michigan scored big last year.

Some of those 3-stars will be 4-stars by December SMDH.

Took a look at who has done the recruiting for them, and it is really spread out among several coaches. The impressive thing is that they are getting recruits from all over- Texas, Iowa, Florida, and only one of their 4 star recruits is from

Michigan. Tucker has turned it around quickly.
yes...BUT HOW SO?

the other thread? Kyle Flood got the #1 Recruit? again lol...HOW SO? (unless he got a new disguise /mask that looks like Saban's face?)

We'll have multiple 4-stars when all is said and done. I'd bet a beer on it.
Hope you are right and I will gladly buy you a beer on it !
Many of us are concerned as last year we got 6 - 4 star recruits..all were 4 star when committed.
Zero at this point is frustrating.

Hope you are right and I will gladly buy you a beer on it !
Many of us are concerned as last year we got 6 - 4 star recruits..all were 4 star when committed.
Zero at this point is frustrating.
I like this class. Tons of size and speed which we desperately need on this roster. Surround it with a couple of top 25-35'ish classes, plus GREAT transfer classes (as we have just done), and I can live with it.

• Love
Reactions: Knight Shift
Based on what? Half of them don't even have a P5 offer. It's not THAT early in the recruiting cycle.

it’s definitely very Ash like so far. The majority of recruits with no P5 offers and MAC type offers
We need to get a recruiter on the Staff asap

It was a down year for NJ. That’s a major contributor to RUs ranking. Not sure it would be a lot different with Fran and Underwood.
It's not just NJ though, we got 4 stars from Florida, Pennsylvania, NYC and Kentucky too.

it’s definitely very Ash like so far. The majority of recruits with no P5 offers and MAC type offers
We need to get a recruiter on the Staff asap
C'mon, man.
Stop being Stryker.
sweat-sweating.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT