ADVERTISEMENT

Where we should be in the B1G

read option

All Conference
Nov 12, 2013
Factoring in the local talent in NJ, eastern PA, NYC and neighboring suburbs, DE, MD and FL (formerly known as the State of Rutgers), if we had a competent coaching staff, athletic department and administration, here's what we should be in the B1G year in and year out.

vs. The B1G East: (2-4 / 3-3)
--Wins over Ind and MD
--Toss up vs. Mich St
--Losses vs. PSU, OSU, Mich

vs. The B1G West: (1-2 / 2-1)
--Because our opponents from the West vary, I would say we should always win at least one of the three games, but never all three.

Therefore vs. the B1G we should regularly be as good as 5-4 and as bad a 3-6. I think both expectations are very reasonable.

In our three OOC games, we should be as good as 3-0 (if we start scheduling soft OOC as we had done in the past, especially because of our tough B1G schedule), and as bad as 1-2 (would be hard to see us not win at least one OOC game).

Overall, that pits as good as 8-4 (5-4) and as bad as 4-8 (3-6). I think we'd all agree that in the B1G you have to take the good with the bad.

Bottom line, 2-10 / 1-11 are unacceptable. We were building something under Schiano and it's all been wiped away in 5 seasons. The coaching staff, athletic department and administration need to get to work because a great opportunity to be winners has already passed us by. Let's get to 4-8 and build up to 8-4.

Factoring in the local talent in NJ, eastern PA, NYC and neighboring suburbs, DE, MD and FL (formerly known as the State of Rutgers), if we had a competent coaching staff, athletic department and administration, here's what we should be in the B1G year in and year out.

vs. The B1G East: (2-4 / 3-3)
--Wins over Ind and MD
--Toss up vs. Mich St
--Losses vs. PSU, OSU, Mich

vs. The B1G West: (1-2 / 2-1)
--Because our opponents from the West vary, I would say we should always win at least one of the three games, but never all three.

Therefore vs. the B1G we should regularly be as good as 5-4 and as bad a 3-6. I think both expectations are very reasonable.

In our three OOC games, we should be as good as 3-0 (if we start scheduling soft OOC as we had done in the past, especially because of our tough B1G schedule), and as bad as 1-2 (would be hard to see us not win at least one OOC game).

Overall, that pits as good as 8-4 (5-4) and as bad as 4-8 (3-6). I think we'd all agree that in the B1G you have to take the good with the bad.

Bottom line, 2-10 / 1-11 are unacceptable. We were building something under Schiano and it's all been wiped away in 5 seasons. The coaching staff, athletic department and administration need to get to work because a great opportunity to be winners has already passed us by. Let's get to 4-8 and build up to 8-4.

Agreed, however we should be getting better players than them with our recruiting base.

Better open the checkbook and soon. Bad hire set RU back to the dark ages.

Because more money is flying out the window as season ticket sales, parking and concession sales go down.

Next year will be another double digit drop off with 2 wins.

Not sure why people keep thinking that Maryland is worse than us. They are about the same. Indiana is worse, just not this year. Both look better than Rutgers this year.

MSU was a top team in the Big Ten for years, just because it looks like OSU, UM and PSU pass them by in the last couple of years doesn't mean they are at the same level at us. There is still a big gap there.

Every year is different. Teams will move up and down every year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT