ADVERTISEMENT

Which B1G Wrestling stars have the best chance to win their 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 NCAA Wrestling Title in 2022?

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
FLq5HD1WYBYR4Zu.jpg

There’s too much parody at 197 and weight class is wide open rn.. Max Dean is always in close matches and realistically any of the top 12 can win it all at 197 imo.
I don’t disagree but I think Dean is the best of the bunch and I don’t foresee Storocci or Brooks losing at their weight classes so having Kemerer and Amine up that high seems less likely than Dean winning 197

Reactions: njsportsphan
I really think if desanto faces rby in big tens that desanto is going to win and get 1 seed for ncaas. That’s important to avoid Fix until the finals. Desanto might not be deserving of top 5 list here but def top 10 most likely.

Reactions: njsportsphan
I really think if desanto faces rby in big tens that desanto is going to win and get 1 seed for ncaas. That’s important to avoid Fix until the finals. Desanto might not be deserving of top 5 list here but def top 10 most likely.
If...is the B1G question. Desanto has a history of not performing on the biggest of stages. A few screws seem to come loose in high pressure situations. Last year he did mature and improved upon that. He probably is his own worst enemy...well second to Nick Suriano.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
I don’t disagree but I think Dean is the best of the bunch and I don’t foresee Storocci or Brooks losing at their weight classes so having Kemerer and Amine up that high seems less likely than Dean winning 197
Dean is def slight fav rn at 197 but he can very easily lose to Caffey again, or Bulsak/Brucki might reverse their close match next time.. or even Hoffman(took him to OT).. was trailing Warner too before he takedown +bow n arrow for comeback… imagine a pie chart where every wrestler at the weight w/ realistic chance owns a % of that pie… @ 197 rn it’s wide open.

For example, Brooks might be 60% to repeat, Amine 25% and the 184 field 15% to win…(% could be way off but trying give visualization).

i don’t think cstar will sweep Kemerer this season but we will see.. don’t forget 174 also has Mekhi Lewis and Hidlay too so I’ll be a little surprised if Cstar repeats this year.

Desanto has seemingly matured from some poor sportsmanship earlier in career. RBY got the takedown that mattered in their dual match but he was lucky to have escaped with the victory over desanto. We shall see!

See Delvecchio vs Desanto in Blood round!
Scott delvecchio is one of the luckiest wrestlers in the history of the sport. Simply by the fact that that ref had it out for DeSanto. He hit him with a ridiculous amount of stalling calls. If you look at the video you can also see him, meaning the ref, looking over at the clock, timing the stall calls. Delvecchio should send that ref a lifetime of Christmas presents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT