ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the top Sophomore/Junior NJ Quarterbacks ?

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Who are the top sophomore and junior quarterbacks in New Jersey ? Are we recruiting them hard and are they interested in playing for their own state's school ?

I'm sure Flood and his staff know who they are and are recruiting them, but New Jersey's not really fertile recruiting ground for quarterbacks.

The top couple of guys that we're really looking at now include Jake Allen from Florida (Class of 17) and Allan Walters (Class of 18).

NJ doesn't really produce a lot of QB talent. What NJ does have though is an abundance of skills position talent. Every year theirs a ton of WR, RB, CB and Safeties in the top 300. Rutgers can also try signing a crap load of the WR and RB talent and then try to sell a QB on it.

Originally posted by JQRU91:
I'm sure Flood and his staff know who they are and are recruiting them, but New Jersey's not really fertile recruiting ground for quarterbacks.
I think this is changing to more specialized training for QB's. It is two years in a row where NJ has produced a top QB and both players had personal QB coaches and this is a trend that continues. I think we will know more of the top juniors and sophomores as the year goes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT