ADVERTISEMENT

Who's calling plays on Saturday?

ClassOf02

Heisman Winner
Sep 30, 2010
Sorry if I missed it, but do we know if Kill will be back for Saturday (either on the sideline or in the booth)?

Too bad, kill has not shown to be the savior many professed he'd be
We're two games in, and at the very beginning of the second game he got drilled by a player that caused him to seize some hours later, and this is your perspective already? Besides, many hoped he would improve the program, but few professed him as the savior. Eight OCs in eight years is a tough program to turn around, especially given the lack of depth at the skill positions, including QB.

We're two games in, and at the very beginning of the second game he got drilled by a player that caused him to seize some hours later, and this is your perspective already? Besides, many hoped he would improve the program, but few professed him as the savior. Eight OCs in eight years is a tough program to turn around, especially given the lack of depth at the skill positions, including QB.
Definitely agree the carasel of oc isnt good but in 2 games, he's sucked

Definitely agree the carasel of oc isnt good but in 2 games, he's sucked
He coached one game against #8 Washington, and with all new players at the skill positions we still played respectably. The game against EMU was a train wreck, but Kill was out early. The problem I see with the EMU game and how erratic the playcalling was, is with the coaching staff not having contingency plans for someone to step in and take over in a situation where the playcaller can't perform his duties. The same is true for the DC. There needs to be replacement personnel in place, and now Ash knows that (in case he didn't already). So I'm not judging Kill based on two games. None of these guys were his guys, we haven't yet got a QB who knows his players or gets them the ball downfield, so I'll wait to see what happens throughout the year.

Honestly wonder who's call it was to get Lewis in the game at the absolute worst possible moment...

Reactions: motorb54
Too bad, kill has not shown to be the savior many professed he'd be

maybe he should get more than two games to prove his worth?

Yes, maybe kill was overblown. People here got all hyped up that he was going to be great because friedgen was great here . But Ralph had a far better resume than kill when it comes to being an OC and calling plays. It's not even close. But let kill have some time .

Yes, maybe kill was overblown. People here got all hyped up that he was going to be great because friedgen was great here . But Ralph had a far better resume than kill when it comes to being an OC and calling plays. It's not even close. But let kill have some time .
Reasonable post

and even with that resume and a borderline NFL QB the O still looked horrible at times.

At times. At times it was ugly as hell

Yeah it was . No one is disputing that. What I am saying is that fridge was in whole other league than kill. So to think kill would be as good or better than fridge is a stretch.

Yeah it was . No one is disputing that. What I am saying is that fridge was in whole other league than kill. So to think kill would be as good or better than fridge is a stretch.
I didn't think he would be. I'm also looking at the long game. Two years with Kill is priceless for learning to be a HC. He'll bring Fridge back as CO OC. The more freest minds he surrounds himself with the better.

I think he needs to be in the booth. Way too much risk if he gets hit again. Would be progress to not have another OC next spring. Is that to much to ask?
In all seriousness, would it be harder to treat him or evacuate him if he were in the booth? Seems like first aid is closer on the field level.

I didn't think he would be. I'm also looking at the long game. Two years with Kill is priceless for learning to be a HC. He'll bring Fridge back as CO OC. The more freest minds he surrounds himself with the better.

So we are paying a HC to learn? And an OC to help our HC learn to be a HC? And we started this in not year 1, but Year 2 of the tenure? If so, not exactly a recipe for success.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
So we are paying a HC to learn? And an OC to help our HC learn to be a HC? And we started this in not year 1, but Year 2 of the tenure? If so, not exactly a recipe for success.
Anytime you hire a first time HC you are paying him to learn. Not that complicated

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
It may not be complicated but it's ass backwards. Anyway the most important play caller of all is B. Barchi. He's the reason Ash is calling plays.

maybe he should get more than two games to prove his worth?
Rutgers is a perfect 13-0 all-time versus teams from the MEAC, winning by a composite mark of 558-88. A GOOD DAY TO GET HIS BEARINGS I'D SAY.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT