ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Things to see in Porto and Lisbon Portugal

Morrischiano

All American
Dec 3, 2019
So the wifey and I are taking a last minute trip to Portugal (she’s a Swifty and will have to go to the concert Saturday night in Lisbon). Wondering if folks have any suggestions to see between Porto and Lisbon that may not be on the tourist beaten path.

So the wifey and I are taking a last minute trip to Portugal (she’s a Swifty and will have to go to the concert Saturday night in Lisbon). Wondering if folks have any suggestions to see between Porto and Lisbon that may not be on the tourist beaten path.
Check out Nazaré. Biggest waves in the world. Cool little town with great food in a beautiful area.

Reactions: 29PAS
Yes we stopped there yesterday. It was very pretty but the waves were not that huge because that usually happens in late winter.

Reactions: lakejj

In Porto, try this restaurant- The Ribs. Small, low key, excellent. My wife found it. A local favorite.

Reactions: Morrischiano

- Port wine tasting

- Boat and cable car outside wine tasting on that side of the river

- Sunset on the hill above the port wine places

- For food: francesinha, bifana, Porto style hot dog, Portuguese style tapas, pernil

We also did a free walking tour which was great, and it's a small city you can see a lot on your own.

Reactions: Morrischiano
Aquarium

You let your sister go with your husband?
NICE
Wise-Guy-Eh.gif

Cervejaria Ramiro for some of the best seafood you can get. Make sure to order the "dessert"

Try to take in some Fado in the evening

Be ready to handle some uphill walking, Lisbon is hilly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT