ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The official ACC all things thread

I am glad most people don't share your view of past accomplishments.

I was recently watching a Baseball Game between the Pirates and the Toronto Blue Jays and both teams were wearing a #4 Patch on their Jerseys. They were praising the accomplishments of Lou Gehrig of the New York Yanks. and how great Lou was and Babe Ruth bated in the #3 position and Lou was #4. That happened 81 years ago and is still acknowledged. What a great tribute to the past that is still being recognized today.

I saw that the USS New jersey fired off its guns and will be a docked in Camden and will be a great reflection of past accomplishments that all people visiting the docs can appreciate.

I don't know if Rutgers will ever win a National Championship or have a Heisman Trophy Winner or have 10 players in the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame or 25 Players in the NCAA College Football Hall of Fame or have more than 17 players selected in the NFL Draft (7 Rounds) in the last 4 years ( most recent accomplishments).

When Rutgers surpasses Pitt's past sports accomplishments then you are entitled to tell me how bad Pitt is.

Carriage rates and eyeballs aren't the only thing that brings money to a University.

Pitt brings in $1.16 Billion per year in Outside Research Grants (Pitt ranked #45 US News Global Research University Ranking 2024) and has a $5.5 Billion Endowment (Not Sports Related) but Money is Money.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Listen, most people on here have no hate towards Pitt. It is a great school and a great research institution that is highly respected and has much to offer. I view it a lot like RU. Pitt is a perfect fit in the B1G. That said, it will likely never happen, as it doesn't bring a new market. if only Penn St didnt exist, Pitt would have been in long ago. I hope Pitt finds a good home (unlike Syracuse). But I don't think anyone could look at Rutgers athletic situation today vs Pitts and say it is not light years better. Lucky or not, that is the reality. The ACC is a sinking ship. Only question is when it sinks, not if.

Last edited:

I was recently watching a Baseball Game between the Pirates and the Toronto Blue Jays and both teams were wearing a #4 Patch on their Jerseys. They were praising the accomplishments of Lou Gehrig of the New York Yanks. and how great Lou was and Babe Ruth bated in the #3 position and Lou was #4. That happened 81 years ago and is still acknowledged. What a great tribute to the past that is still being recognized today.

I saw that the USS New jersey fired off its guns and will be a docked in Camden and will be a great reflection of past accomplishments that all people visiting the docs can appreciate.

I don't know if Rutgers will ever win a National Championship or have a Heisman Trophy Winner or have 10 players in the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame or 25 Players in the NCAA College Football Hall of Fame or have more than 17 players selected in the NFL Draft (7 Rounds) in the last 4 years ( most recent accomplishments).

When Rutgers surpasses Pitt's past sports accomplishments then you are entitled to tell me how bad Pitt is.

Carriage rates and eyeballs aren't the only thing that brings money to a University.

Pitt brings in $1.16 Billion per year in Outside Research Grants (Pitt ranked #45 US News Global Research University Ranking 2024) and has a $5.5 Billion Endowment (Not Sports Related) but Money is Money.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Can't say if Rutgers "will ever win a National Championship or have a Heisman Trophy Winner"
But you're living in the past because Pitt's future looks like it will be closer to what Rutgers was in the past.
Pitt and Syracuse fans have a past to be proud of, but now their future looks scary
while Rutgers future is looking up now.
Rutgers is in one of the top conferences, Pitt is in an unstable one that has members looking to leave and the B1G might be their destination.
Pitt doesn't bring enough to the table for a B1G invite so if/when the ACC falls apart
Pitt has to hope the Big 12 feels they're sponge worthy

That's scary for any school's fanbase and I can understand why a Pitt fan feels threatened by how Rutger's fortune has changed into a positive one , while their program's future doesn't look too bright .

Can't say if Rutgers "will ever win a National Championship or have a Heisman Trophy Winner"
But you're living in the past because Pitt's future looks like it will be closer to what Rutgers was in the past.
Pitt and Syracuse fans have a past to be proud of, but now their future looks scary
while Rutgers future is looking up now.
Rutgers is in one of the top conferences, Pitt is in an unstable one that has members looking to leave and the B1G might be their destination.
Pitt doesn't bring enough to the table for a B1G invite so if/when the ACC falls apart
Pitt has to hope the Big 12 feels they're sponge worthy

That's scary for any school's fanbase and I can understand why a Pitt fan feels threatened by how Rutger's fortune has changed into a positive one , while their program's future doesn't look too bright .

Pitt's accomplishments continue to be recognized yesterday, today and tomorrow.

In 2023 Pitt DB D Revis was admitted to the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame.
In 2024 Pitt WR Larry Fitzgerald was admitted to the NCAA College Football Hall of Fame.
In 2025 Pitt DL Aaron Donald is on the ballot for admission to the NCCA College Football Hall of Fame.

Rutgers will have a lot of catching up to achieve what Pitt has already accomplished and will still continue to accomplish going forward.

I personally don't have any reservations about the ACC continuing to exist and thrive. ACC teams will rise to fill any void of FSU/Clemson (Court Cases not resolved) but with 2 CFP positions every year the momentum is there. The B1G teams will just continue to beat each up reducing their W-L records. Rutgers had a rather difficult time in the Old B1G and I think it will have an even harder time in the New B1G. I think Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Michigan State will also have an adjustment to this new reality. Nebraska never recovered their past glory in the Old B1G and it's likely they will not in the New B1G. Every one can't be 12-0.

Good discussion with all on this board.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow

In 2024 Pitt WR Larry Fitzgerald was admitted to the NCAA College Football Hall of Fame.
In 2025 Pitt DL Aaron Donald is on the ballot for admission to the NCCA College Football Hall of Fame.

Rutgers will have a lot of catching up to achieve what Pitt has already accomplished and will still continue to accomplish going forward.

I personally don't have any reservations about the ACC continuing to exist and thrive. ACC teams will rise to fill any void of FSU/Clemson (Court Cases not resolved) but with 2 CFP positions every year the momentum is there. The B1G teams will just continue to beat each up reducing their W-L records. Rutgers had a rather difficult time in the Old B1G and I think it will have an even harder time in the New B1G. I think Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Michigan State will also have an adjustment to this new reality. Nebraska never recovered their past glory in the Old B1G and it's likely they will not in the New B1G. Every one can't be 12-0.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
your logic is unbecoming a Pitt grad. The mental gymnastics you've displayed in this thread is borderline Al like so take that for what it's worth.

Good luck in the B12, zero doubt you guys will kick ass there and it will be sweet watching Sarah being left outside looking in

Recent tweet by "Allnoles" states, and I quote cliffs from him:

"The court required them to schedule mediation to occur by a certain date, recent filing means they've agreed to mediator and date. When it happens, only thing we'll hear is whether or not they settled. Entire process is confidential. Not open to public and details won't be shared."

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Yet with all that “recognized yesterday, today and tomorrow” accomplishments of Pitt you speak of, you would throw that all in the trash for Pitt to trade places with where RU is right now in a nanosecond.

Pitt and it’s football program is becoming more irrelevant as the day passes.

GO RU

There’s no doubt that Pitt has had an illustrious history, with some all-time players

But unless they get a whale donor or major corporation on board, unfortunately, for them, they will languish in mediocrity for the duration of our lifetime, if not longer

This is precisely why I advocate for NIL, because without an IL, I do not believe Pitt, or Rutgers for that matter, will be able to have sustained excess at an elite level

Reactions: Ridge 22

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Can agree with this:" Rutgers will have a lot of catching up to achieve what Pitt has already accomplished"
disagree when it comes to College football: "and will still continue to accomplish going forward."
Pitt going forward depends on where it lands and if/when the ACC winds up equal to the AAC after the top programs ( Pitt should be considered among them) leave.
The SEC & B1G won't be looking at Pitt, making the second tier BIG 12 the best available.
That alone puts Pitt at a disadvantage and it can hope to be considered one of the best of rest after B1G & SEC programs.
The one time greatness Pitt had is no more, be proud of what Pitt was, but don't expect Pitt to have a great future.
Just hope it can be a real good 2nd tier program.

As for Rutgers future, greatness is hoped for but not expected unless it gets the type of support top programs get from their boosters , school's administration and local media.
Rutgers location will give it a great advantage if/when RU FB shows enough improvement to get the local media on its side and have a positive outlook spread nation wide rather than have it's faults placed side by side with what gains are being made.
Then and only then will Rutgers fans have the chance to feel the future is going to turn out great and Championships might be on the horizon and get the support to hep it be considered an elite program
But for now Rutgers fans can look for winning seasons in the future and hope those wins lead to bigger and better things.

Pitt and Rutgers fans are in the same boat, expectations of greatness can't be claimed by either, but RU fans might have a better chance to have their wish to be a top program granted while Pitt fans can only recall the good old days because there will only be pretty good ones in the future for them.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Can agree with this:" Rutgers will have a lot of catching up to achieve what Pitt has already accomplished"
disagree when it comes to College football: "and will still continue to accomplish going forward."
Pitt going forward depends on where it lands and if/when the ACC winds up equal to the AAC after the top programs ( Pitt should be considered among them) leave.
The SEC & B1G won't be looking at Pitt, making the second tier BIG 12 the best available.
That alone puts Pitt at a disadvantage and it can hope to be considered one of the best of rest after B1G & SEC programs.
The one time greatness Pitt had is no more, be proud of what Pitt was, but don't expect Pitt to have a great future.
Just hope it can be a real good 2nd tier program.

As for Rutgers future, greatness is hoped for but not expected unless it gets the type of support top programs get from their boosters , school's administration and local media.
Rutgers location will give it a great advantage if/when RU FB shows enough improvement to get the local media on its side and have a positive outlook spread nation wide rather than have it's faults placed side by side with what gains are being made.
Then and only then will Rutgers fans have the chance to feel the future is going to turn out great and Championships might be on the horizon and get the support to hep it be considered an elite program
But for now Rutgers fans can look for winning seasons in the future and hope those wins lead to bigger and better things.

Pitt and Rutgers fans are in the same boat, expectations of greatness can't be claimed by either, but RU fans might have a better chance to have their wish to be a top program granted while Pitt fans can only recall the good old days because there will only be pretty good ones in the future for them.
excellent post

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
The BIG provides Rutgers with something we have never had. Resources!!!
All those years getting our ears pinned back by Big East Schools are over.Dont believe me? Ask Miami,BC,Syracuse,V-Tech
Rutgers today has just about everything you need to build a solid program for any conference.
For me the growth is the most exciting part of being a fan.
Rutgers is getting better every year.
We will compete in the Big Ten!

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Would not trade places with Pitt in the current environment

Past no longer matters

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT