ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The official ACC all things thread

I will replay to you directly since you support Pitt because of your posts.

Do not be concerned about Pitt and their financial accomplishments now and in the future.

You referenced the fact that the New Big teams may be making $70 million per year as part of the NEW BIG.

As I believe you are aware, Pitt currently brings in $1.16 billion per year in Research Funded Research Projects.

Additionally, Pitt has a $5.5 Billion Endowment. Significantly, higher than most B1G Universities.

The B1G Sports funding compared Pitts research funding is very small compared to Pitts overall research funding.
Currently, UPMC is investing $1.5 Billion dollars in a New 17 Story Transplant Hospital near OLD PITT STADIUM.

This new hospital transplant complex should bring in significantly more research funding for Pitt and UPMC.

The University of Pittsburgh is currently ranked #45 in the World by US News (2024) as a Global Research University and I'm sure these new additions will only enhance its reputation and standing in the Global Community, thank you for your support for Pitt.

Please review all information I have posted on line and thank you for your support of Pitt.

PITT will be fine financially in the ACC.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
For what it’s worth, RU research funding for 2023 was $929 million. Not sure what endowment value is, suspect it is much less than Pitt. Will have to look up

Last edited:
If the ACC falls apart, all the names will be put on a list, shopped to the networks and whoever they will pay the most for will get picked. How many, who knows, but it will only be those who will increase current members payout. Presidents are not going to vote to take less to appease the networks. Every other criterion gets thrown out the window, they'll be no negotiation of, if you take me you must take blah, blah also. It'll be a take it or leave it offer.

That it was a stretch of the imagination in a confusing conference expansion world.
I see BC coming in with Notre Dame like I see the imitation Irish getting the B1G to bring in Stanford:
don't expect Notre Dame to ask for either school to come in with them or even care about those schools joining .
In my opinion if the ACC breaks up , Notre Dame will place it's Olympic programs in the Big East and keep it's football program independent.

I can see ND asking for Stanford and the B10 saying sure, ok.
Having a 5th team on the West Coast helps with Friday Night and Saturday Late Night games.

In looking at the Friday schedule release and potential Late Night Saturdays, it easily seems like another West Coast Team would be make money. Likewise I think that maybe Utah, Arizona St would address that need. Not sure if a 6th team is needed, but a 5th seems to be required.

But i suspect that is the extent of what ND can ask for.

ND + 3 : FSU, Miami, UNC, Stanford, with UVA, GT, Clemson as potential options if 2 of the first 4 are already taken by the SEC.

Notre Dame will be in a conference or at least be committed to a conference within the next 3 years.
I'm looking at a deal with the Big 12 for guaranteed football games, while the other Imitation Irish sports move to the Big East if the ACC folds.
There football TV rights deal with NBC, signed in 2023, brings in $50 million and expires in 2029.
It gets around $ 20 million from the ACC from a article I read .
That's less than what the B1G and SEC shares are, but being a football Independent is part of how ND draws fans from all over the country.

Big Ten, SEC are top conferences in revenue with athlete pay plan on horizon | FOX Sports

I also found this when googling Notre Dame NBC TV rights
On Saturday, Notre Dame and Comcast NBCUniversal announced a new TV deal running through 2029. Notre Dame is expected to receive around $50 million per year from NBC, in addition to the $17 million it receives from the ACC. Notre Dame's total compensation is slightly less than what members of the Big Ten would receive.Nov 19, 2023

Michael Alford's tweet...

Bud Elliott's tweet...

From my buddy:

"Networks don't formally act to amend media contracts until the composition of a conference actually changes.

Acc = 7/1
SEC = 7/1
B1G = 8/1
B12 = 8/1

All have imminent composition changes in member that that will require networks to act. And act they will.."

A national schedule with the Big12 would be the epitome of failure for ND.

Thinking of a religious affiliation match-up BYU and Notre Dame might receive more attention then we might think and be a big TV ratings winner.

TCU is a respected program and a worthy opponent , along with helping ND get some attention in Texas HS players.

The same goes for B-12’s Baylor .

UCF ( taking the place of ACC’s Miami) has had some success and starting to be looked on as a good program, that and getting Florida recruits might be a good reason for ND to play them if a Vitamin conference affiliation happens .

With Deion Sanders at Colorado , Deion will not let anyone forget to turn the game on and his hype might just make the game “ must see TV”.

Kansas and Kansas St are considered pretty good programs , don’t think those schools are a lower level opponent than most of the ACC schools Notre Dame has on their schedule due to the agreement with the ACC

It’s actually a wash once you leave Clemson , FSU and North Carolina games out of the picture and Notre Dame doesn’t have all 3 on their schedule every year

Reactions: rubigtimenow
in terms of absolute want;
1.ND
2.UNC
3.FSU

no one else moves the needle on their own. penetration rates still matter..... A LOT!

Last edited:
Thinking of a religious affiliation match-up BYU and Notre Dame might receive more attention then we might think and be a big TV ratings winner.

TCU is a respected program and a worthy opponent , along with helping ND get some attention in Texas HS players.

The same goes for B-12’s Baylor .

UCF ( taking the place of ACC’s Miami) has had some success and starting to be looked on as a good program, that and getting Florida recruits might be a good reason for ND to play them if a Vitamin conference affiliation happens .

With Deion Sanders at Colorado , Deion will not let anyone forget to turn the game on and his hype might just make the game “ must see TV”.

Kansas and Kansas St are considered pretty good programs , don’t think those schools are a lower level opponent than most of the ACC schools Notre Dame has on their schedule due to the agreement with the ACC

It’s actually a wash once you leave Clemson , FSU and North Carolina games out of the picture and Notre Dame doesn’t have all 3 on their schedule every year
you need to find my post on TV numbers for the B12 and ACC, neither are good. Now for the B12, home mkts are incredibly small which makes them even less attractive. Now if the B12 were smart, and I believe their leadership is excellent, they would invite several ACC members, boot some teams and then go from there. I am sure the B12 would rather have Pitt and Louisville than TCU and Cincinnati. Hell they'd rather have Miami too

I'm surprised you guys are engaging him. His thought process on all of this is just way off

moving on, of all the schools about to get gut punched because it's coming sooner than you think, Pitt is the one that bothers me most. I love Pitt and wish them the best. I can't imagine a rebranded ACC without FSU, Clemson, much less the other defections. B12 is going to have to make some hard choices on membership both future and CURRENT!
@JayDogSmooth
the sound of the clock is growing louder............tik tok, tik tok lol

you need to find my post on TV numbers for the B12 and ACC, neither are good. Now for the B12, home mkts are incredibly small which makes them even less attractive. Now if the B12 were smart, and I believe their leadership is excellent, they would invite several ACC members, boot some teams and then go from there. I am sure the B12 would rather have Pitt and Louisville than TCU and Cincinnati. Hell they'd rather have Miami too
Don't doubt what you say one bit, but Notre Dame has a national following and that will make up for the small markets in the B-12
But as you seem to be implying, Notre Dame fans alone might not have the games against B-12 programs a Nielsen ratings success.
I just feel Notre Dame will look at the Vitamin Conference to replace the ACC football affiliation they have and put their other programs in it, if not have them join the Big East.

Do you think nd finally moves this round ?
no as there is the issues with the NBC contract and ND will want primetime so ND needs more humbling
ACC losing members means their payout will change and there is no way the B12 doesn't look to add/poach so dynamics will absolutely change
lots of things can still happen but in the next 5yrs, we won't recognize the place

Don't doubt what you say one bit, but Notre Dame has a national following and that will make up for the small markets in the B-12
But as you seem to be implying, Notre Dame fans alone might not have the games against B-12 programs a Nielsen ratings success.
I just feel Notre Dame will look at the Vitamin Conference to replace the ACC football affiliation they have and put their other programs in it, if not have them join the Big East.
go look at ND ratings and tell me people are tuning in to watch them vs kstate, TCU, Cincinnati etc etc.

ND wants to be national, play in largest markets and on both coasts. ND only needs 1 open slot for Navy, the rest can be done from a scheduling perspective. Stanford can be the OOC game for them and many others should ND decide to join.

I've said for a bit, part of the expansion makes it impractical for BIG schools to schedule ND and it will only get worse.

Look at our schedule, we should have killed the VT game as we simply don't need to possible negative outcome. Scheduling matters

Interesting discussion on the PennState football board. PSU4U claims to have knowledge. He claims UNC then GT are the top of the presidents list. He also says B1G could get shut out of their wish list if if UNC/FSU go SEC He says internal politics happening with presidents coming together.

go look at ND ratings and tell me people are tuning in to watch them vs kstate, TCU, Cincinnati etc etc.

ND wants to be national, play in largest markets and on both coasts. ND only needs 1 open slot for Navy, the rest can be done from a scheduling perspective. Stanford can be the OOC game for them and many others should ND decide to join.

I've said for a bit, part of the expansion makes it impractical for BIG schools to schedule ND and it will only get worse.

Look at our schedule, we should have killed the VT game as we simply don't need to possible negative outcome. Scheduling matters
Your right about it being impractical for the B1G to schedule Notre Dame might be said about them playing SEC programs.
Making scheduling top teams every year a challenge, thus the Affiliation came into play.
If the ACC goes the way of PAC, I guess the Big 12 will enter the football schedule affiliation with Notre Dame.
Navy will be an assured game on schedule and I'm sure Stanford will want to play Notre Dame every year if the ACC goes boom, or survives ad g-? conference
BC will be another program ND might schedule every year once/if the ACC becomes a lesser conference or goes the way of PAC
I look at the ACC and the Vitamin conference as interchangeable opponents . Both really lack the viewership
but the CC has an edge, for now, because of FSU and Clemson for National TV viewership

Notre Dame isn't the TV ratings powerhouse of old, but that probably is because of it's ACC affiliation and top programs outgrew the need to have ND pump up their OCC schedule because weak OCC games at home gets the fans watching and Notre Dame is more of a challenging opponent .
ND being affiliated with the ACC is to make sure they have P- 5 ( now just 4) games on their schedule since many top programs went to a weaker OCC schedule and ND was finding fewer top teams willing to play them every year.
Staying independent in football was a must so the ACC offered the best of both worlds, just games against most of the ACC programs were not as desirable for the average college fan as the games ND usually played.

At Least There's No Debating College Football's Most-watched Team
>The Top 10 teams included three from the SEC, two each from the Big Ten and Pac-12
( now in the B1G), one each from the ACC and Big 12, and Notre Dame:<

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Interesting discussion on the PennState football board. PSU4U claims to have knowledge. He claims UNC then GT are the top of the presidents list. He also says B1G could get shut out of their wish list if if UNC/FSU go SEC He says internal politics happening with presidents coming together.
North Carolina might not be SEC leaning because of the B1G's Academics and I believe a higher revenue sharing payout.
FSU would be a B1G coup, but Miami would bring Florida TV with them and maybe help B1G programs pull more talent from Florida .
Georgia Bulldogs rules that state and I don't see the SEC taking Georgia Tech unless they are scared to lose the Atlanta TV viewers.
I also don't see the B1G falling in love with GT, but a foothold in the south might be a good reason to.

As for my opinions, remember at one time I predicted Texas and Oklahoma to the PAC 😇

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Do you even need a partner? Anyone coming in has to add to the value (which after FSU and ND, hard to tell if even Clemson does that).

There are 18 teams in the football conference -- and 2 bye weeks. The B1G can work around conference play with an odd number of teams at this point. For the Olympic sports, ND is right in the Big 10's heartland and wouldn't need a travel partner, where FSU alone is on an island and Tallahassee isn't the easiest spot in Florida to get to (compared to Tampa, Orlando, Miami, etc.) So maybe Clemson or UNC as an FSU travel partner, but if ND decides in some bizarro universe to give up football independence and join, they don't need a travel partner.

ND makes decisions based on football primarily, but their Olympic sports are certainly part of that. They value their Olympic sports, which is why they win national championships. That mindset fits in well with the Big Ten.

As soon as they don't have a place to park their Olympic sports, they are going to make different decisions. Of course, money will drive all of that.

lol, just read his thread and boy does he backtrack, cover all scenarios and throws a lot on the wall. There are some doozies there

anyway, this thread speaks volumes and is all anyone needs to know about psu

lol, just read his thread and boy does he backtrack, cover all scenarios and throws a lot on the wall. There are some doozies there

anyway, this thread speaks volumes and is all anyone needs to know about psu

according to that PSU guy, the presidents list is #1 ND #2 UNC #3 GT #4 VA #5 Miami #6 NCS #7 FSU

according to that PSU guy, the presidents list is #1 ND #2 UNC #3 GT #4 VA #5 Miami #6 NCS #7 FSU
Something tells me that FSU already has an invitation somewhere; otherwise they wouldn't have started the lawsuits to get out of the ACC.

The key list is what Fox Sports wants in the Big 10. ND will always be #1! But FSU could be #2 or #1a.

he said a lot of stuff in thread that counters his own threads

you really think the Presidents have ncstate on the list?
you really think GT and UVA are workable with the networks without losing money to member schools. They already tried with Stanford

lol

regardless, it's going to be very interesting to see where the schools decide to go

he said a lot of stuff in thread that counters his own threads

you really think the Presidents have ncstate on the list?
you really think GT and UVA are workable with the networks without losing money to member schools. They already tried with Stanford

lol

regardless, it's going to be very interesting to see where the schools decide to go
A complete dogshit program in every sense - even mentioning them is laughable

Reactions: RUTGERS95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT