ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The official ACC all things thread

if anything even close to those tweets happens the ensuing litigation for collusion and purposeful brand destruction become epic, like Senate level hearings epic

FSU wants it's own identity as well, SEC is not the answer
Especially after the playoff disaster and now being in a lawsuit with them
Couple in not being lumped in with UF and it makes it even more important to get in the B1G

Worse case they'll do SEC as they have to get out of the ACC, but the B1G is the preferred destination for a host of reasons

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Especially after the playoff disaster and now being in a lawsuit with them
Couple in not being lumped in with UF and it makes it even more important to get in the B1G

Worse case they'll do SEC as they have to get out of the ACC, but the B1G is the preferred destination for a host of reasons
I just can't buy that ESPN is looking to move FSU to SEC (moving assets if you will) diluding the value of the schools in the ACC in such a manner. that would effectively bring in state and gov't sources. it's literally a death blow to espn and their interaction with college sports.

I just can't buy that ESPN is looking to move FSU to SEC (moving assets if you will) diluding the value of the schools in the ACC in such a manner. that would effectively bring in state and gov't sources. it's literally a death blow to espn and their interaction with college sports.
I'm guessing it's a last resort to prevent them from moving to the B1G and Fox, but we'll have to see what happens as there are so many rumors and "sources."

Let me re-phrase: FSU would kill to make the money BIG/SEC schools are and will make and have a bye week in the playoff tourney when going undefeated in the regular season.

GO RU
This, although getting shafted out of the playoffs due to $$ and corruption would have sufficed

Reactions: satnom
I read through those tweets quickly, so maybe I'm missing it, but what happens to the ACC in 2036 and beyond? Why would ESPN give two s***s about them at that point? If the ACC accepts this deal, it's not very forward thinking.
Do you prefer if I kick you in your left nut or your right nut?

part 2 went down today - takeways:

- FSU did not win, ACC got a small win
- Judge is giving FSU a do over to restate their argument
- Judge wants them to settle within 120 days, nobody is forced but Judge highly recommended it's time to settle.

the clock has started

Last edited:
part 2 went down today - takeways:

- FSU did not win, ACC got a small win
- Judge is giving FSU a do over to restate their argument
- Judge wants them to settle within 120 days, nobody is forced but Judge highly recommended it's time to settle.

the clock has started
That would give a resolution before the season Which has been hinted on on a bunch of podcasts and articles

Let’s hope this comes a fruition as I am ready to be done with this godforsaken conference

Florida AG now takes it a step further and is suing the ACC

I don't understand why the schools that agreed to the media rights contracts don't already have a copy of the contracts they agreed to. Did they really agree to contracts / provisions that they did not read?? I'm confused.

I don't understand why the schools that agreed to the media rights contracts don't already have a copy of the contracts they agreed to. Did they really agree to contracts / provisions that they did not read?? I'm confused.
Not sure
All I know is it's locked away in NC somewhere

Just spoke with my buddy, this is what he said:

-Exit announced this summer
-Move for 2025 season
-Worst case play 2024 vs ACC schedule but not as official ACC school
- AG lawsuit intented to create pressure on ACC to settle (reinforces what judge in Leon County said the other day)
-ESPN has no intentions to disclouse their agreements
- Also no intention of extending ACC contact in 2027 (thereby making GOR null and void)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT