ADVERTISEMENT

Will Paul be Named Captain at Washington (or elsewhere)?

If ever there was a post that screamed “who gives a f$&k?” This is it.

If this was to ever happen (a one year grad transfer made team captain) the only thing it would show me is an utter lack of stability and leadership in that program = in which case, good friggin luck ;)

Reactions: ChasRC69
Are you sure? Initial reports head out in June.

My wife and I watch. If kid's good they can watch too
"The Whale" from Season 3 is a fantastic episode. So many layers to it. My wife and I were both howling about the parents being hungover, which went completely over our kids' heads, but it's just as funny for them too and ultimately it boils down to the lengths we go through as parents to entertain our kids.

"The Whale" from Season 3 is a fantastic episode. So many layers to it. My wife and I were both howling about the parents being hungover, which went completely over our kids' heads, but it's just as funny for them too and ultimately it boils down to the lengths we go through as parents to entertain our kids.
I love how everyone treats all play as improve. When grandpa has them toss the croc over the fence, Lucky's dad just guess with it. It is a richly drawn, wonderful, and fantastical world...

i could soon be proven wrong, but i don’t think he goes to any of these high major schools. i think hes finding out hes not good enough to get the PG PT he wants and will end up at a small mid major school like Elon or Loyola
Your wrong. Several big time schools have thrown real money at him to come so clearly they have interest.

Seems like if Paul lands at Washington he could end up being a captain. Adding Paul is the biggest piece to their NIT push.

They had 11 seniors in the roster including walk-ons. Not sure yet how many return, still looking, but if most leave it could happen.

So if like Sojo was saying that Paul is probably going to be a captain at Washington, does this mean he's also going to be a captain at Xavier too?

Can Mulcahy be a captain at both schools next year Sojo? That would be pretty cool and something I'm sure you'll monitor for us.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
So if like Sojo was saying that Paul is probably going to be a captain at Washington, does this mean he's also going to be a captain at Xavier too?

Can Mulcahy be a captain at both schools next year Sojo? That would be pretty cool and something I'm sure you'll monitor for us.
Who said he was probably going to be a captain at Washington? Not me.

Point is, rumor isn’t always fact. Like with self-reported offer lists, there’s often some self-serving, ego-driven bs.
You're just wrong and have no idea what your talking about . Your post about him going to Elon is so clueless it's beyond laughable. He is taking a visit to Xavier as we speak and would start for them.

We will wait for where he goes but your angry he left and throwing crap at the wall.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
who starts for us at PG lets get this thread back on track
That’s easy, Noah Fernandes!
Harder question is who starts at SG? Considering we’re still recruiting a transfer guard, this question can’t be accurately guessed at just yet.

You're just wrong and have no idea what your talking about . Your post about him going to Elon is so clueless it's beyond laughable. He is taking a visit to Xavier as we speak and would start for them.

We will wait for where he goes but your angry he left and throwing crap at the wall.
Paul will go to a respectable program, but will he be a starter is the question.
NIL money might be a factor or just finding a program that he'll be comfortable at
Too many are posting BS in this thread and other ones about him just because they are pissed he is leaving..

Reactions: ChasRC69
Paul will go to a respectable program, but will he be a starter is the question.
NIL money might be a factor or just finding a program that he'll be comfortable at
Too many are posting BS in this thread and other ones about him just because they are pissed he is leaving..
No doubt a lot of people in this thread suddenly don’t care about Paul Mulcahy and have said disparaging or patronizing things about him and his future are probably great examples of him being treated poorly by the fanbase that played a role in him leaving according to Richie.

Hope Paul lands in the best situation possible for himself.

No doubt a lot of people in this thread suddenly don’t care about Paul Mulcahy and have said disparaging or patronizing things about him and his future are probably great examples of him being treated poorly by the fanbase that played a role in him leaving according to Richie.

Hope Paul lands in the best situation possible for himself.

Stfu you’re glad Paul isn’t here anymore.

Reactions: Caliknight
I feel sorry for Paul. I don't know him so I'm going totally from public info - he seems like one of those kids, common in his generation, who lives with his phone in his hand and looks at it every time it buzzes. It's horribly unhealthy but also common. Wherever he ends up, he's going to get a fraction of the attention he did at Rutgers. Hopefully, that is a good thing for him but I fear it will not be.

I feel sorry for Paul. I don't know him so I'm going totally from public info - he seems like one of those kids, common in his generation, who lives with his phone in his hand and looks at it every time it buzzes. It's horribly unhealthy but also common. Wherever he ends up, he's going to get a fraction of the attention he did at Rutgers. Hopefully, that is a good thing for him but I fear it will not be.
I wonder if he regrets his decision to leave…

I wonder if he regrets his decision to leave…
Sadly I think he will - the sad part is that it will be because of lesser engagement on social media
Also at some point he'll realize transferring didn't help a bit in helping him get to the NBA (for obvious reasons)

Sadly I think he will - the sad part is that it will be because of lesser engagement on social media
Also at some point he'll realize transferring didn't help a bit in helping him get to the NBA (for obvious reasons)

I mean - he had to know there would be far less engagement as a new super senior on a team who wouldn’t be joining with eye popping scoring statistics. Didn’t he?

The more I think about it, the more head scratching his decision was.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I mean - he had to know there would be far less engagement as a new super senior on a team who wouldn’t be joining with eye popping scoring statistics. Didn’t he?

The more I think about it, the more head scratching his decision was.
Yup - he's 22? 23? Think about some of the decisions you made at that age. I know I made some that were... less than completely well thought out.

If you had been paying attention, you’d know I am happy he left. I don’t think he’s very good, which is why I also think he’s not going high-major unless as a back-up.

No high-major program is paying a 1 year 7ppg guy much NIL

Yup - he's 22? 23? Think about some of the decisions you made at that age. I know I made some that were... less than completely well thought out.
Got married at 22 in '71. We are still together. The definition of loyalty has a different meaning nowadays.

Got married at 22 in '71. We are still together. The definition of loyalty has a different meaning nowadays.
Yep, married at 23 (just a couple of weeks shy of 24) in 72. Will be 51 years in August.

i could soon be proven wrong, but i don’t think he goes to any of these high major schools. i think hes finding out hes not good enough to get the PG PT he wants and will end up at a small mid major school like Elon or Loyola
Apparently nothing to bash Schiano about on this day, so we all get to read a different, ridiculous, anti-Rutgers take from Shelby.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
He’s human. If you had people constantly crap on you, it would affect you too. No other player on the team took that type of constant criticism. The guy bled Scarlet and he did not get treated very well by many so called fans.

Reactions: RAHWAYBOB
He’s human. If you had people constantly crap on you, it would affect you too. The guy bled Scarlet and he did not get treated very well by many so called fans.
I don't disagree, but...
Paul seemed to get his share of crap, but he was also adored by many. On balance, the adoration seemed significantly greater than the crap. Some people are going to amplify the crap they receive regardless of the crap/adoration ratio.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Apparently nothing to bash Schiano about on this day, so we all get to read a different, ridiculous, anti-Rutgers take from Shelby.
As stated, could be wrong about starting PG role at high major. Or maybe he wants the big time even if it means being a sub.

Rothstein just tweeted that Washington is the favorite to land Mulcahy. If so, can’t wait to hear Bill Walton talk about him being a generational player.
The games would probably mostly be on the PAC-12 network, which about 81 households in the country get.

The games would probably mostly be on the PAC-12 network, which about 81 households in the country get.
With UCLA and USC leaving the PAC , the PAC Network viewership dropped to 27.
But rumor has it some RU MBB fans from TKR message board will be signing on because they are obsessed over what Paul is doing.
So add 3,000 more households to that list and consider the PAC conference saved becajse because of Paul that Neworks media rights will be matching what the B1G has now.
200w.gif

Last edited:
Rothstein just tweeted that Washington is the favorite to land Mulcahy. If so, can’t wait to hear Bill Walton talk about him being a generational player.
Yeah, the James Naismith generation. He won’t remind anyone of Detlev Schrempf that’s for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT