ADVERTISEMENT

Willard suspended

big fat donut. Big Ten teams have lost in 6 finals in the past 15 years. Big ten also has 12 final 4 appearances in that time span while the current little east teams have a combined 6, 3 from nova, 2 from butler and 1 from georgetown.

15 years without a title----hard to put a positive spin on that.

Reactions: Russ Wood
The Big Ten is a football power house conference more so than basketball mainly because Ohio State is such a elite school fully capable of playing for a national championship every year along with a few other schools . Michigan State and Maryland are considered the elite schools for mens and womens basketball in the B1G but the competition for a national championship has far more schools capable of winning.

Yeah I agree with you, you get what you put in. With that said, I guess I’ll rephrase is, SHU doesnt exactly attract the best and brightest

In reading your mindless posts for the past couple of weeks, if you're "better and brighter" than any of the SHU grads that I have remained friends with, I'll have what you're drinking.

In reading your mindless posts for the past couple of weeks, if you're "better and brighter" than any of the SHU grads that I have remained friends with, I'll have what you're drinking.
Remind me why SHU fans come to this board regularly?

Remind me why SHU fans come to this board regularly?
Kyk, I generally enjoy your posts and tend to agree with most of them. At the same time I welcome the SHU guys on our boards, because I find them knowledgeable, insightful and despite our natural rivalry in hoops, respectful most of the time.
They also tend to support our football team for the most part. So it’s cool to have some good natured gamesmanship with them on here. Emphasis on the good-natured.

SHU is not a good school. It's the school your parents make you apply to in case you literally don't get into a single college, well SHU and monmouth. The conference is a cupcake, just look at what has happened to the conference as a whole outside of Nova once march hits. They get whacked once they face real teams.
Being rejected by SHU has really had a lasting impact on you. Take your meds.

The Big Ten is a football power house conference more so than basketball mainly because Ohio State is such a elite school fully capable of playing for a national championship every year along with a few other schools . Michigan State and Maryland are considered the elite schools for mens and womens basketball in the B1G but the competition for a national championship has far more schools capable of winning.
Maryland, a school that has never finished first in the B1G or won a B1G tournament, is considered an elite school for men's basketball in the B1G? By that standard Purdue must be ultra elite in men's basketball in the B1G. They finished tied for first last season, tied for second the season before and finished first the season before that.

Let me google Rutgers NCAA record in the last 30 years....
Let me google Rutgers last time ranked in top 25....
Let me google Rutgers last time they played a meaningful game in February....
The definition of not relevant!

Reactions: silkcitypirate
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT