ADVERTISEMENT

Wimsatt needs to transfer

Which means preseason expectations were exceeded.
I am not looking at it that way, I prefer to look at each game as it comes up

As they came up, they went as expected

Some day we have to win some upsets

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Wrong. Gavin is a professional football player and needs to deal with negative comments. It's part of the job.

The days of "Young Rutgers men coming to play for us on the banks for ol Rutgers" are gone. The players wanted this.
No … that’s just you jealous idiots spewing more BS… Also , Gavin himself has said again he “ needs to be better and the offense will be.” The team has definitely improved in many areas ….just have to keep Chopping.

No … that’s just you jealous idiots spewing more BS… Also , Gavin himself has said again he “ needs to be better and the offense will be.” The team has definitely improved in many areas ….just have to keep Chopping.

Jealous? Of what?

My point stands, these guys are Pros and deserve to be treated as such. They can't have it both ways, though I realize trying to have it both ways is very popular these days.

• Haha
Jealous? Of what?

My point stands, these guys are Pros and deserve to be treated as such. They can't have it both ways, though I realize trying to have it both ways is very popular these days.
He’s not a pro even with NIL funds. You just by this whining about NIL shows a tinge of “ jealousy”. Envy is your cross to bare. Grow up kid.

He’s not a pro even with NIL funds. You just by this whining about NIL shows a tinge of “ jealousy”. Envy is your cross to bare. Grow up kid.

Being paid to play is the definition of being a pro. That is a fact. You disputing that makes you unserious.

It's your position I'm jealous of kids getting paid to play? LOL, you're projecting. I'd suggest you should stop placing athletes on such a pedestal. That's the way children act.

They are minor league professional football players and have signed up for all that comes with it, pro and con. The fact stands. You're worship of them doesn't change that.

Warner? Rather have Surace play and take our lumps.
This
Let Surace or Sheppard start in mid-season next year after our train wreck of a QB falls of the rails in game 3. We will win the first 2 cupcake games next year then in game 3 the reality of our pathetic QB situation will be apparent to all again.

Jealous? Of what?

Pros “deserve” to be crassly criticized by talentless fans without any class or clue? Huh, I did not know that. I learn something new every day.

I always thought being a fan, pro sports or not, meant being supportive, good times or bad.

Guess not. I guess being a fan means tearing our players down repeatedly when they don’t make us happy. Who knew?

Being paid to play is the definition of being a pro. That is a fact. You disputing that makes you unserious.

It's your position I'm jealous of kids getting paid to play? LOL, you're projecting. I'd suggest you should stop placing athletes on such a pedestal. That's the way children act.

They are minor league professional football players and have signed up for all that comes with it, pro and con. The fact stands. You're worship of them doesn't change that.
No … that in itself is a fallacy. If it were true then you would be putting 300 more players each season into the NFL. My worship? Really how stupid are you . As for acting like a child how old are you in relationship to these players? As your moniker claims: screw you pal.

• Haha
I do agree they are semi pro and compensated to do a job. College sports even pre NIL are inherently competitive, especially in the big 10.

I don't think fans are ripping apart the person but the performance. There is a difference.. Character attacks I agree would be out of line but judgement of performance is part of being a fan. if we can't judge performance, what exactly is ot we (fans) are doing?

this includes noting the players we love too! Their performance is what makes them memorable to us. It goes both ways. As it should!

GW is not a starting on a winning b10 team...sorry. He needs to play d2.
that, so far, is a statement hard to dispute .
Gavin is not showing the talent he was supposed to possess when he came to RU and enough time has passed since then for his play to be judged as a player that doesn't deserve the starting QB position based on his play

No … that in itself is a fallacy. If it were true then you would be putting 300 more players each season into the NFL. My worship? Really how stupid are you . As for acting like a child how old are you in relationship to these players? As your moniker claims: screw you pal.

LULZ. Congrats. That was the least effective side of a conversation anyone has ever had with me.

I do agree they are semi pro and compensated to do a job. College sports even pre NIL are inherently competitive, especially in the big 10.

I don't think fans are ripping apart the person but the performance. There is a difference.. Character attacks I agree would be out of line but judgement of performance is part of being a fan. if we can't judge performance, what exactly is ot we (fans) are doing?

this includes noting the players we love too! Their performance is what makes them memorable to us. It goes both ways. As it should!

I'd say the rule of thumb is whatever is a fair criticism of a nfl player is now fair for a pro college player.

They chose not to just be kids playing for the alma mater and her education.

Requiring pay to play (or even visit!) changes the relationship.

Pros “deserve” to be crassly criticized by talentless fans without any class or clue? Huh, I did not know that. I learn something new every day.

I always thought being a fan, pro sports or not, meant being supportive, good times or bad.

Guess not. I guess being a fan means tearing our players down repeatedly when they don’t make us happy. Who knew?
"I always thought being a fan, pro sports or not, meant being supportive, good times or bad."

Maybe in the land of Unicorns, fluffy white clouds and rainbows....?

Reactions: RU-AGK
the only idiot is you who denies what Screw said. Gav is paid, more than most on this board, to play football. He's never going to be immune to critics who demand better play when he's no longer an 'amateur'

he sucks, hope he hears it loud and clear and moves on from Rutgers

Reactions: RU-AGK
Most people being unrealistic with this offense. This game always needed to be that the D had to hold UMD to 20 or less and hope the O can score more than 20. The O did their part (knowing all the flaws, etc with it). The D did not. The O wasn’t going to miraculously put up 45-50 when all season long they couldn’t put up points. D came out flat, left a lot for UMD to pick apart and they did.
After Ohio State, the D just slowly deteriorated. DL in particular got pushed around. A lot.

he sucks, hope he hears it loud and clear and moves on from Rutgers

I wonder if 95 refers to your graduation year . That would make you around 50. I’ll just leave that there….

Regarding criticism: I agree that it’s perfectly fine to critique performance. This is a fan message board - it’s what the board is for. There is line tho imho.

Lastly I do think the goal post moved for many here . I wouldn’t be surprised if many, now criticizing, stated at the beginning of the season that they would have been pleased with 6-6 and a bowl . But I think the WAY it happened frustrated many fans (including the belief that even mediocre QB play COULD have resulted in another win or 2

When idiots start threads with “ player x should transfer” then no that’s uncalled for. Sorry if several here don’t like that take . Typical Rutgers since the Brian Fortay era.

GW is not a starting on a winning b10 team...sorry. He needs to play d2.
Time will tell … you may be correct however posting on a board where players and family read these postings is being a low life. Players understand good play, bad play and that they can make money. Most here were in favor of NIL as long as they thought Rutgers could afford the better players. Once again the clowns sitting in front of the tv screen are approving. BTW: most of these players could care less what people post here.Schiano will be here longer than 3 more years…I don’t think Wimsatt is moving down and thinking Surace will now take over is funny.Simon may leave, Sheppard may go, Wimsatt may leave and we’ll somehow secure our Heisman QB in the portal right?

This was not about his performance only. It is typical of several groups here who go beyond critiquing a player , coach or staff member. It is cloaked as a such and these posters are like all social media dolts. They are the judge and jury. Let’s wait until spring -summer to get a true reading on how bad Wimsatt is.

The NIL changed a lot of RU fans attitude about the players in the different RU Sports programs from our player to a mercenary wearing our school's uniform.
I still prefer to feel the player is part of the University and not a hired hands, but sometimes I just feel Rutgers needs to get the players on their roster more money or RU will have trouble competing with the programs that pay top dollar.

But with the NIL money part if recruiting HS talent now and the ease of transferring and the top portal talent looking at what kind of NIL money is that school's boosters offering more than the school itself, it's hard to criticize RU supporters who think of the players as pros in a college sport environment

The NIL changed a lot of RU fans attitude about the players in the different RU Sports programs from our player to a mercenary wearing our school's uniform.
I still prefer to feel the player is part of the University and not a hired hands, but sometimes I just feel Rutgers needs to get the players on their roster more money or RU will have trouble competing with the programs that pay top dollar.

But with the NIL money part if recruiting HS talent now and the ease of transferring and the top portal talent looking at what kind of NIL money is that school's boosters offering more than the school itself, it's hard to criticize RU supporters who think of the players as pros in a college sport environment

This years 3, 4, and 5 year players arrived before NIL. Not that it makes a difference for those who criticize .

"I always thought being a fan, pro sports or not, meant being supportive, good times or bad."

Maybe in the land of Unicorns, fluffy white clouds and rainbows....?
Or in the land of people with a bit of self-awareness.

Nothing wrong with some analysis that is negative. But saying stuff like “he sucks” or “he should transfer”, or the like, is classless, clueless, pointless, and entirely self-absorbed. It always makes the person engaging in the personal attack look terrible.

It begs the question: what has the critic ever done to earn the right to criticize? The answer to which is always nothing whatsoever.

Reactions: RAHWAYBOB
Or in the land of people with a bit of self-awareness.

Nothing wrong with some analysis that is negative. But saying stuff like “he sucks” or “he should transfer”, or the like, is classless, clueless, pointless, and entirely self-absorbed. It always makes the person engaging in the personal attack look terrible.

It begs the question: what has the critic ever done to earn the right to criticize? The answer to which is always nothing whatsoever.
we care about Rutgers and if a play who sucks, like Gav, holds us back or causes us not to meet potential then run him out as he doesn't belong. This is a business now, it's not the collegiate football we all grew up with. Y'all wanted big time football but didn't want the expectations or decsions that come with it.

you guys are like Rutgers in the 70s,80s, and early 90s where had a Patriot League budget trying to compete with the Big Boys in D1

THAT is what is clueless and classless

so either get a realistic approach or go root for women's volleyball where they don't get NIL

we care about Rutgers and if a play who sucks, like Gav, holds us back or causes us not to meet potential then run him out as he doesn't belong. This is a business now, it's not the collegiate football we all grew up with. Y'all wanted big time football but didn't want the expectations or decsions that come with it.

you guys are like Rutgers in the 70s,80s, and early 90s where had a Patriot League budget trying to compete with the Big Boys in D1

THAT is what is clueless and classless

so either get a realistic approach or go root for women's volleyball where they don't get NIL
No. Clueless is thinking that rudely criticizing players or coaches on an internet forum can accomplish anything constructive or useful. You are not a part of the business. CFB or pros, you are irrelevant to what happens with any of it and what you have to say about it is irrelevant.

I too am irrelevant, except perhaps insofar as I might contribute money.

Given our complete irrelevance, I choose to restrict the vast majority of my commentary to that which is generally supportive. Because it’s classier, IMO, than uselessly bashing a bunch of athletes or coaches who are so much better than we are at what they do.

All your criticism, and my supportive commentary, along with everyone else‘s, is entirely without any practical value. To believe otherwise is delusional. That so many people are delusional about this doesn’t change the fact.

That is the reality.

This isn’t worth debating this much

It's not a debate.

It is a fact.

FACT: GS haters said we'd have 4 wins.

FACT: We have 6 wins.

FACT: GS haters we wouldn't be competitive against the big boys.

FACT: We were competitive with the big boys and had 6 wins.

FACT: The people who said 4 wins are now crying that 6 wins wasn't good enough.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT