ADVERTISEMENT

Woj: Archie Miller in Serious Talks with Indiana

Meanwhile, Rutgers interested in Indiana commit Clifton Moore--a 6'10" player who's asked for his release.

excellent hire for Indiana. Yes alot of pressure but this is a guy that they can really get behind. Crean while a good coach rubbed people the wrong way I think

They have alot of players coming back so if Millre pushes the right button they could be top 4 in league next year

GTown is focused on Notre Dame's Mike Brey and Texas coach Shaka Smart as the candidates right now.....both have expressed interest in the job....initial feelers to Tommy Amaker, were luke warm, despite the coach expecting to earn the same amount JTIII was earning (just under 4M per season).

As far as Miller goes, Alford is not in Miller's category as coach and doesn't commit to coaching defense like Archie and Sean Miller do....Archie will have a hard time eliminating some of Crean's recruits on the roster that have no interest in playing defense, so it may not be an instant improvement, but rest assured, Indiana will be back very, very quickly.

Dayton's hire should be interesting.....I think it's one of the greatest success stories in college basketball (along with the rise of Butler and more specifically Xavier).....Dayton has generated Oliver Purnell, Brian Gregory and now Archie Miller as coaches that maintained a solid to very good level of basketball over the years...all left for certain levels of programs elsewhere and did OK for the most part....Purnell at Clemson was very solid and Gregory at GTECH did a decent job.....he's now at USF....

Dayton is committed to basketball, so I'm confident they will plug in another high caliber coach and will not miss a beat at all....

GTown is focused on Notre Dame's Mike Brey and Texas coach Shaka Smart as the candidates right now.....both have expressed interest in the job....initial feelers to Tommy Amaker, were luke warm, despite the coach expecting to earn the same amount JTIII was earning (just under 4M per season).

As far as Miller goes, Alford is not in Miller's category as coach and doesn't commit to coaching defense like Archie and Sean Miller do....Archie will have a hard time eliminating some of Crean's recruits on the roster that have no interest in playing defense, so it may not be an instant improvement, but rest assured, Indiana will be back very, very quickly.

Dayton's hire should be interesting.....I think it's one of the greatest success stories in college basketball (along with the rise of Butler and more specifically Xavier).....Dayton has generated Oliver Purnell, Brian Gregory and now Archie Miller as coaches that maintained a solid to very good level of basketball over the years...all left for certain levels of programs elsewhere and did OK for the most part....Purnell at Clemson was very solid and Gregory at GTECH did a decent job.....he's now at USF....

Dayton is committed to basketball, so I'm confident they will plug in another high caliber coach and will not miss a beat at all....

do not see the fascination with Amaker with Gtown, I think Smart is a slam dunk for them. Brey a fit at Gtown? Dont really see it. Would he really leave the cushy spot at ND to go to Gtown? Smart is also at a power 5 but perhaps not at a school he is the best fit at and with sort of unrealistic expectations on basketball for a football school. He is better off at Gtown.

A fan base and an Administration with extremely high expectations-----we'll see.

Miller needs to go. You can only do so much at Dayton. If he does go he will have a better job than his brother.

What is that supposed to mean? The guy took them to the elite eight a few years ago and has been to the tournament the last four years. Dayton also has one of the best fan bases in the country.

Would Dayton hire a former Xavier coach/player? Pat Kelsey.

I do think Indiana is a bit of an overrated job at this point, but that could be due to their difficultly landing the right coach. Miller should be able to do a better job than Crean, but will that be enough?"

I don't see Wright leaving for another college job.

Oh I completely agree. Some people thought he would strongly consider leaving for Indiana. Or that is was within the realm of possibility. Or some other euphemism. I agree with you.

Oh I completely agree. Some people thought he would strongly consider leaving for Indiana. Or that is was within the realm of possibility. Or some other euphemism. I agree with you.

no that was never said....what was said if he ever wanted to leave Villanova this would be the type of job. There was never any strongly consider leaving ever said.

What is that supposed to mean? The guy took them to the elite eight a few years ago and has been to the tournament the last four years. Dayton also has one of the best fan bases in the country.

Indiana is a better job that will potentially offer him so much more to him, his coaching legacy, his pocketbook and his ego. Please do not put the Dayton job in the same tier as Indiana or Xavier for that matter

Wright has turned Nova into one of the premier basketball schools in the US. He makes $2.5 million a year and lives right outside Philly, and his wife loves Nova. Why he would want to leave that to go live exactly in the middle of nowhere and vie for the position of "second best coach Indiana ever had" for another million a year is beyond me.

Reactions: RU_Planning
Wright has turned Nova into one of the premier basketball schools in the US. He makes $2.5 million a year and lives right outside Philly, and his wife loves Nova. Why he would want to leave that to go live exactly in the middle of nowhere and vie for the position of "second best coach Indiana ever had" for another million a year is beyond me.

He wouldn't. He's a lifer at Nova.

Reactions: SkilletHead2
Indiana is a better job that will potentially offer him so much more to him, his coaching legacy, his pocketbook and his ego. Please do not put the Dayton job in the same tier as Indiana or Xavier for that matter

Guess it depends on what you consider a better job . Yes will offer more money also will offer a lot more headaches especially if you don't go to the sweet 16 or better. Indiana fans are living in the past if they think they are going to be top 10 every year like years ago. Although if anyone can do it Miller probably can think he is a really good coach.

Probably won't happen because of the way it would look but Dayton IMO couldn't hire a coach better than Tom Crean.

Highly successful coach with 2 conference championships in the last 4 years and has taken a mid major to a Final 4.

Hiring big name coach not their style. My guess -- Kent State coach Rob Senderoff (Spring Valley, NY native).

Done, press conference Monday to introduce Miller as new HC for Indiana.

excellent hire for Indiana. Yes alot of pressure but this is a guy that they can really get behind. Crean while a good coach rubbed people the wrong way I think

They have alot of players coming back so if Millre pushes the right button they could be top 4 in league next year

I mean how much better can he do?

Crean won the B1G last year?

So I guess they expect a final four and national championship, and remember Crean took charge of IU out of sanctions brought on by shithead Sampson.

Reactions: shields
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT