ADVERTISEMENT

WTF Happened and Why Greg Keeps a Ceiling on Us

RURahh

All Conference
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2013
Silver Lining - our QB played a flawless game - prob the best RU QB performance since Nova

But.....

Our coach is stuck in the 80s.

We have a game plan predicated on everything staying on schedule and near perfect execution on both sides of the ball

Nothing demonstrated this more than the last 3 minutes of the first half. With 2:30 left, Greg is running all the time on the play clock, as if he is nursing a 10 point lead and wants to make sure UCLA doesn't get the ball back We run about 1:30 off the clock and settle for a 49 yard field goal, with no thought of trying to score 7

UCLA gets the ball back for a minute and drives 75 yards with a SENSE of URGENCY and scores a TD to end the half.

Can you imagine Greg doing a 1 minute drill to end the half - NEVER

I know we have injuries on Defense but we were as healthy today as we were for Nebraska - no explanation why we turned the bottom of the B10 offense into the St Louis Rams

I don't see any way to fix this - don't know if it's coaching, execution or sloppy fundamentals.

I do believe Joe H and Flats are the 2 best coaches we have but they are currently our biggest problem areas. While I would never root against us, losing out might be the best thing to happen for Greg to make massive changes in the off-season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.