• UCF

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Auburn

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
You're kidding with UCF...right ?
I wouldn't be. UCF is undefeated and beaten a top 20 team twice. Bama has beaten one top 20 team and has one loss to one. OSU has two losses, although their victories are much more impressive than either UCF or Bama. Not only do I think they have a good argument to be in the top 4, I think they'd be competitive. But I'd put OSU in as 4th.

Question should be who's your #4. Clemson, OK and GA are in. The question is who do you take for #4, OSU or Bama. I lean towards OSU since they beat the #4 and #9 teams in the country (I don't think Bama has a win over a top 10 team), won their conference, and are playing their best FB to end the season. Bama's only loss now looks worse after last night.

This is a case where you need a #4/#5 "play in" game like they do in CBB (#17 vs #16).

Clemson
Oklahoma
OSU
Georgia

I think the real rebate is between Georgia and Alabama. The SEC was not good this year no way deserves 2 teams. I would put Georgia in over Bama because they won the SEC but I do think that is every team played it's A game Bama is the best team but they haven't played like it this year so they get left out.

after going back and forth on OSU and Bama, further research finds Bama's best win was LSU, a team that lost to Truy at home...so back to

Georgia
Oklahoma
OSU
Clemson

I guess I am disrespecting the ACC again this year...

Having a top 25 win is great, but the level of talent really unravels pretty quickly once you get down to the lower top 10 and below. Plus, when did the win occur? Early in the season, you have your share of pretenders who fade once the real games begin.

Clemson
Oklahoma
OSU
Georgia

I think the real rebate is between Georgia and Alabama. The SEC was not good this year no way deserves 2 teams. I would put Georgia in over Bama because they won the SEC but I do think that is every team played it's A game Bama is the best team but they haven't played like it this year so they get left out.
The debate isn’t UGA vs Bama. It’s OSU vs Bama.

Bama’s best win is Fresno State and they didnt win their conference. Ohio State has better wins and won the Big. They will pick OSU

It should be based on the conference winners of this season’s 4 strongest conferences.

Clemson
OU
UGA
OSU

There should never be 2 schools from the same league in the final 4.

I think we are going to see Bama get the 4th spot today. The Iowa loss for OSU was just to be a factor in the end as well as 2 losses versus 1 loss. It is just too much like last year when OSU got in.

It’s a flawed system. At least the tourney kind of gets it right but this chosen 4 nonsense leaves too much to debate. Why bother having a championship game if the outcome doesn’t mean anything? This eventually needs to go to 8. You’d have the 6 league champions and 2 at larges. My 2 at larges being the conference runner up of that season’s highest ranked leagues.

Looking at last week's Top 20 vote, Bama's best win is over #17 LSU. OSU has now beaten #4 Wisconsin, #9 PSU, and #16 Michigan State. Auburn has 3 losses. Miami lost their last 2.

It will be interesting to see what the committee considers more important, 1 loss vs 2, or record vs their own Top 20.

UCF plays zero defense...they would get smoked by any good Power 5 team...that's why they would never get in...

As much as Ohio State doesn't deserve to get in having been blown out by an average Iowa team, we all know ESPN controls college football and has an OSU bias...

UCF plays zero defense...they would get smoked by any good Power 5 team...that's why they would never get in...

As much as Ohio State doesn't deserve to get in having been blown out by an average Iowa team, we all know ESPN controls college football and has an OSU bias...

Agree with first paragraph, not the second.

It's all about the eyeballs, self promotion, and ties. If Monmouth or Prarie View had a huge fan base, ESPN would be pushing them and praising them to the high heavens. Just look at the way they've treated the ACC since they went into business together.

Agree with first paragraph, not the second.

It's all about the eyeballs, self promotion, and ties. If Monmouth or Prarie View had a huge fan base, ESPN would be pushing them and praising them to the high heavens. Just look at the way they've treated the ACC since they went into business together.
If OSU was nearly any other team with a 31 point loss to Iowa they wouldn't be considered...if Wisconsin had OSU's resume Wisconsin doesn't get in

Everyone is focused on OSU’s losses that Alabama doesn’t have. How about OSU’s wins that Alabama doesn’t have?

If OSU was nearly any other team with a 31 point loss to Iowa they wouldn't be considered...if Wisconsin had OSU's resume Wisconsin doesn't get in

But you said there's an OSU bias. That's what I disagreed with. Never said they deserve to be in the Top 4.

But you said there's an OSU bias. That's what I disagreed with. Never said they deserve to be in the Top 4.
There absolutely is an OSU bias...like i said if anyone else had a 31 point loss to Iowa that wouldn't be considered over a one loss SEC team...we will find out now apparently

Auburn is pretty good team. We’ll see how UCF does against them in the Peach Bowl.

I agree. Auburn is a pretty good team. But it will be interesting to see if they bring the necessary intensity to a bowl game vs. UCF that they brought to the 'Bama game or either Georgia game. I usually root for the underdog and I'll be rooting for UCF, but IMO they aren't at the same level as the top 6-8 teams in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT