ADVERTISEMENT

Zap—Does NIL help college baseball ?

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Zap or others, if kids can make some money while in college, is it more likely they will choose college baseball over going to a minor league team? I am not talking about someone like Jason Groome who got a ton of money coming out of high school. Guys in middle or lower rounds . As far as Summer leagues go, will kids skip those if they can make money holding camps, giving private lessons, etc.?
@zappaa

@HRodriguez

Zap or others, if kids can make some money while in college, is it more likely they will choose college baseball over going to a minor league team? I am not talking about someone like Jason Groome who got a ton of money coming out of high school. Guys in middle or lower rounds . As far as Summer leagues go, will kids skip those if they can make money holding camps, giving private lessons, etc.?
They were already making money in camps, I know the Cape leage guys were paid for working the camps already. Summer leagues are for exposure, admission is free, so not sure how the structure would change. MLB. just downsized the minors, so there doesnt appear to be a market at the moment from the mlb side?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT