ADVERTISEMENT

#18 in Coaches Poll

RUClassof67

All American
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2004
A bit of a surprise. We are ahead of Stanford and Chattanooga who are tied for 19. Big gap between us and Duke at 17

Darn, that MSU loss was tough. Would have had a great shot to host first two rounds.

#18 USAToday/Coaches

Louisville #9 is hosting Men's first round, so they won't be able to host the Women's. Puts us at 17. Top 16 get to host. Gotta win out!!

Originally posted by ScarletDave:
Louisville #9 is hosting Men's first round, so they won't be able to host the Women's. Puts us at 17. Top 16 get to host. Gotta win out!!
If I understand the process correctly the top 16 seeds are eligible to host. So we would have to be seeded by the Selection Committee to host Unfortunately, it isn't necessarily simply a Top 16 ranking that would get us a 4 seed. Other factors such as RPI and other considerations come into play.

our rpi is in the upper 30s.....our SOS is dragging RU down. CVS scheduled tough, the problem was she scheduled too many of the softest cupcakes out there. You don't want to play the worst teams out there you want to schedule easy wins but at least teams who are midpack or higher in their conference, we just played too many dregs

The OOC RPI was uncharacteristically low. LSU unexpectedly had a tough OOC, and I think St. Joe's was expected to be better, too, but I don't know about some of the other teams.

Originally posted by BeKnighted:
The OOC RPI was uncharacteristically low. LSU unexpectedly had a tough OOC, and I think St. Joe's was expected to be better, too, but I don't know about some of the other teams.
I think Davidson was hurt by the upgrade in conference. Also, I think Temple has under-performed to expectations, as well as St. Joe's.

But Northeastern and Wagner - yuck. I don't know anything about Colgate, per se. But Iona's and Wagner's (and even Colgate's) conferences are especially low ranked as conferences go.

RU should stay in the poll this week coming in anywhere from 21-24...I think it depends on if the midmajors get bumps this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT