ADVERTISEMENT

ALL EYES On Iowa vs Illinois 7:30 FS1 / Game Thread

Illinois wins = Rutgers 4 seed

Iowa wins = Rutgers 5 seed

Simple as that…
Even more importantly, if Illinois wins, we not only get the 4th seed, but a double bye. That would be huge.

Even more importantly, if Illinois wins, we not only get the 4th seed, but a double bye. That would be huge.
Its huge not only for the double bye but more important the perception that Rutgers achieved 12 league wins which was only bettered by three teams.Perception wise the NCAA Selection Committee shoul be impressed.

Last edited:
Wachtel is too much into metrics and it appears he doesn't check the rest of a team's resume. The fact that he mentioned Nebraska from a few years ago, shows me he's a bit clueless. Yes Nebraska finished 4th that year, but didn't have the Quad 1 wins we have or they didn't beat the three teams ahead of them. We have beaten EVERY ranked team in the B1G and have 6 possibly 7 Quad 1 wins with Michigan knocking off OSU today.

Last edited:
Watchel is too much into metrics and it appears he doesn't check the rest of a team's resume. The fact that he mentioned Nebraska from a few years ago, shows me he's a bit clueless. Yes Nebraska finished 4th that year, but didn't have the Quad 1 wins we have or they didn't beat the three teams ahead of them. We have beaten EVERY ranked team in the B1G and have 6 possibly 7 Quad 1 wins with Michigan knocking off OSU today.
He’s usually spot on but his tweets today have been very different from what he’s been saying

So it appears we should be rooting for the 5 seed to get an easier path to a W.

Wachtel is too much into metrics and it appears he doesn't check the rest of a team's resume. The fact that he mentioned Nebraska from a few years ago, shows me he's a bit clueless. Yes Nebraska finished 4th that year, but didn't have the Quad 1 wins we have or they didn't beat the three teams ahead of them. We have beaten EVERY ranked team in the B1G and have 6 possibly 7 Quad 1 wins with Michigan knocking off OSU today.

did they have the brutal Q3 and Q4 losses though?

1.jpg

the-eyes-see-all-picture-id540519428
d245054bc26f6c002a92b32256129aee9b433f49r1-500-321_hq.gif

• Angry
Reactions: ScarletteK80
That I don't know, but remember, it's your entire body of work, and the committee will also note that Geo didn't play I believe against Lafayette and UMASS, but I may be mistaken with one of the games. Plus, you can't take away all of our Quad 1 wins, which is pretty damn impressive. Nebraska did NOT have as good a record as we have right now.

That I don't know, but remember, it's your entire body of work, and the committee will also note that Geo didn't play I believe against Lafayette and UMASS, but I may be mistaken with one of the games. Plus, you can't take away all of our Quad 1 wins, which is pretty damn impressive. Nebraska did NOT have as good a record as we have right now.
I think he got hurt in the first half of the Lafayette game and missed the entire UMass game

Do That I don't know, but remember, it's your entire body of work, and the committee will also note that Geo didn't play I believe against Lafayette and UMASS, but I may be mistaken with one of the games. Plus, you can't take away all of our Quad 1 wins, which is pretty damn impressive. Nebraska did NOT have as good a record as we have right now.

yes..but our body of work is our body of work. Whether it means we finish 4th, 5th, 10th, or 12th

where we finish seems to be irrelevant and we will need another win to definitely punch our ticket. That may mean a 5th seed is better for us

Nope.We are in.Winning now potentially enhances our seeding in the tournament

Another point to make regarding Wachtel's LAZY post when bringing up Nebraska finishing 4th in the 2017-2018 season. There were 4 teams ahead of Nebraska (Nebraska tied Michigan) and they ONLY beat Michigan once for their only B1G win against teams above them. If you count a Boston College win as a Quad 1 that year, then Nebraska had a total of 2 Quad 1 wins. The 5-14 teams below Nebraska had at best a .500 winning percentage or worse. This year, if MSU beats Maryland 8 teams will have a better than .500 record. When Nebraska played that year only 5 teams including Nebraska had a winning conference record. And then in the B1G tournament they lost their game to Michigan, which they were tied with.

yes..but our body of work is our body of work. Whether it means we finish 4th, 5th, 10th, or 12th

where we finish seems to be irrelevant and we will need another win to definitely punch our ticket. That may mean a 5th seed is better for us
No way. Finish 4th. Play hopefully the 5. A loss would be a Q1. A win and we could be a 10 seed.

Would like to see Michigan State lose this game to Maryland to push them to the 8 but looks like MSU will be the 7

Michigan will play Indiana for the 8/9 and Indiana loss there knocks them out, Michigan loss puts them in trouble at 17-14

two ways to look at it. Do we want the 5th and likely an easier W. Or the 4th and likely a harder W but likely a good loss….
You’re neglecting the fact that 5th can also get us a loss against a lesser team. 4th please.

Reactions: fluoxetine
If Northwestern beats Minny then it will be NW/Nebby in the 12/13 game. Root for Minnesota tonight...

And I'll say it again. Any model that treats some close early first couple of week loses equal to 5 top 25 wins and the then #1 is total bullshit. Doesn't seem to matter when they choose the college football playoff teams. I know it's not the same but screw the net. Top 35 sos, 12B1G wins, 4th or 5th place, 5 top 25 wins. Give me a freaking break.
If we're not in it's a crime.

Last edited:
Watchel clearly used to work for RU basketball and got let go. He is very salty. He is probably fuming that we beat PSU today. He has been doing nothing but moving the goal posts further away after every game, yet bubble teams are losing so it should be moving closer. He’s a loser

Reactions: scripts
And I'll say it again. Any model that treats some close early first couple of week loses equal to 5 top 25 wins and the then #1 is total bullshit. Doesn't seem to matter when they choose the college football playoff teams. I know it's not the same but screw the net. Top 35 sos, 13 B1G wins, 4th or 5th place, 5 top 25 wins. Give me a freaking break.
If we're not in it's a crime.

agree. 100%

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT