ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY TAKES TIED FOR SECOND/THIRD ON THE BRACKETMATRIX

thank you so much. I know we had a dust up when they did the bracket reveal over Wisconsin and how they could still be a 4 seed after all those losses but your points were very understandable.
Our dust ups are just 2 guys with the conviction of their beliefs and what has been and led to some terrific threads over the years. Respect !!
Now frankly Wisconsin losing 8 of 11 and reinventing themselves just prior to tourney then during Big 10 tourney almost pulling it off , is some of the more surprising things I have witnessed. Chucky woke up , Crowl finally hit some threes , Klesmit was clutch and they have a superstar in Storrs that Gard didn’t let cook until playing him major minutes in the tourney. Next to Shannon , Storrs was the second best player.

Our dust ups are just 2 guys with the conviction of their beliefs and what has been and led to some terrific threads over the years. Respect !!
Now frankly Wisconsin losing 8 of 11 and reinventing themselves just prior to tourney then during Big 10 tourney almost pulling it off , is some of the more surprising things I have witnessed. Chucky woke up , Crowl finally hit some threes , Klesmit was clutch and they have a superstar in Storrs that Gard didn’t let cook until playing him major minutes in the tourney. Next to Shannon , Storrs was the second best player.
its all good..they could have fallen to 7/8 if they continued on their trajectory but they reestablished themselves and got the 5.

Congrats Bac! How do hacks like Palm and Lunardi get the big TV gig when there are guys Iike you who are so much better?

Reactions: bac2therac
I think Brad was 78th but his 5 year average is very good.
That’s not a great year for him based upon what I saw previously. I think he was typically around 20-30 or so. The teams you missed on was Oklahoma and Virginia, right? You had OK in and Virginia out I believe. Had there been zero bid stealers (was it 4? Or 5 of them?) what teams would you have put in? I know SHU was one of them.

That’s not a great year for him based upon what I saw previously. I think he was typically around 20-30 or so. The teams you missed on was Oklahoma and Virginia, right? You had OK in and Virginia out I believe. Had there been zero bid stealers (was it 4? Or 5 of them?) what teams would you have put in? I know SHU was one of them.
so the next 2 out were Seton hall and indiana State......my next out were st johns and seton hall so I probably would have left indiana state out...I think the bid theives made it easier for me.

Reactions: RAC93
IoTfErR1u-b8XxPK9cHwR8kpjf76IfdufcRx0nOSA1PAUevYAELixx_eEZPz-I0pawP1uhO9LYRgojBW4m96kC27P7Lcv65ybhJv6wqvLjwaY1InQEwzaQ

• Sad
Congratulations! I didn’t follow bracketology as much this year because it’s hard to stay interested when RU isn’t in it. But you always do a great job.

Only because there wasn't much snow to plow this year. Wait till a real snowy winter.
Congrats and well done! Didn't pay much attention this year, since RU was out (RU sucking just kills my interest in college hoops), but I'm hopeful to be paying much more attention next year! How have you done in past years?

It's interesting to see the rankings, with people getting all 68 right ranked as low as 106, due to less accurate seeding projections and almost nobody getting less than 66 correct, so even the folks who don't score so well can still say they got 66+ teams right.

Surprised there are only 226 people doing this or is there some other site that has far more (although it's a ton more work to project seedings vs. just picking winners/losers in a bracket, I guess, which is why there are millions doing brackets).

Jerry Palm lol

Saw that guy once, in a white van with no windows parked next to a middle school

Last edited:
Great job ! Really enjoy reading this thread if your a college basketball junkie like me there is really nothing better.

thanks im not sure any of the bracketologists who go from podcast to podcast get paid but I suppose i could start a youtube channel
Honestly Bac, I think next year you should do a youtube channel. Or, upload video analysis to twitter. Something where you can reach more people. You deserve to be recognized and your analysis is fantastic. Keep growing the machine.

Congrats and well done! Didn't pay much attention this year, since RU was out (RU sucking just kills my interest in college hoops), but I'm hopeful to be paying much more attention next year! How have you done in past years?

It's interesting to see the rankings, with people getting all 68 right ranked as low as 106, due to less accurate seeding projections and almost nobody getting less than 66 correct, so even the folks who don't score so well can still say they got 66+ teams right.

Surprised there are only 226 people doing this or is there some other site that has far more (although it's a ton more work to project seedings vs. just picking winners/losers in a bracket, I guess, which is why there are millions doing brackets).
yeah getting them 100% is still somewhat elusive....I think maybe 8 this year, thats where luck and guessing game comes in because you simply have no idea what a group of committee members will ultimately decide on when it comes to the last 2 schools. The seeding is the hard part. This is my third year, first year had no idea how they scored it so my seeding was not so hot and finished in the bottom third, last year up to the top third and not into the top 3 so good progression

and yes I am shocked that bracketology is so niche in who does it that only 226 are on the Matrix...but more shocked that the committee has said its glanced at during the process. I do not think that should happen at all.

The fact that Palm gets to be the voice of CBS who hosts the tourney is just wrong. He is stuck in the past with the rpi and he is just wildly wrong and should not be on tv. I get Lunardi, he isnt the most accurate but he was the first and his schtick is fun to watch I will admit. The ones listed on the matrix sight with the 5 year average at the top are the ones to pay attention the most too because it shows consistency..anyone can have a good year but maintaining it is the key and that is my next goal but the validation for one year at least is nice to have

yeah getting them 100% is still somewhat elusive....I think maybe 8 this year, thats where luck and guessing game comes in because you simply have no idea what a group of committee members will ultimately decide on when it comes to the last 2 schools. The seeding is the hard part. This is my third year, first year had no idea how they scored it so my seeding was not so hot and finished in the bottom third, last year up to the top third and not into the top 3 so good progression

and yes I am shocked that bracketology is so niche in who does it that only 226 are on the Matrix...but more shocked that the committee has said its glanced at during the process. I do not think that should happen at all.

The fact that Palm gets to be the voice of CBS who hosts the tourney is just wrong. He is stuck in the past with the rpi and he is just wildly wrong and should not be on tv. I get Lunardi, he isnt the most accurate but he was the first and his schtick is fun to watch I will admit. The ones listed on the matrix sight with the 5 year average at the top are the ones to pay attention the most too because it shows consistency..anyone can have a good year but maintaining it is the key and that is my next goal but the validation for one year at least is nice to have
Your family must be so proud!!! Some show off doctors lawyers teachers in the family. My son lives online and has so many internet friends he will never actually meet. Spending day and night online and making no money for it and pushing a lawnmower.

Reactions: RutgersClassof2004
Reactions: ru66
Your family must be so proud!!! Some show off doctors lawyers teachers in the family. My son lives online and has so many internet friends he will never actually meet. Spending day and night online and making no money for it and pushing a lawnmower.
You have no life. But you seem to come back in this thread a lot. I'd gladly lift my leg on you if we met.

I can understand why you are frustrated with your son. But that's no reason to come here and vent at others. Please, as lawyers say, cease and desist.

Lunardi made a career out of it.

Honestly Bac, I think next year you should do a youtube channel. Or, upload video analysis to twitter. Something where you can reach more people. You deserve to be recognized and your analysis is fantastic. Keep growing the machine.
You should join Aaron B., or at least do a spot on his Pod about Selection Sunday.

Great job on this and all the other threads you’re responsible for. Always well done.
BTW - Palm on a local radio show here and he’s not impressive at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT