ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Wrestling Tournament Thread, 10am/SUNDAY Noon , BTN + :

So Van Brill got the medical forfeit over Thorn and takes 9th. I guess this puts him in the game for a wildcard?
MVB Not in yet as ABRO pointed out taking one place lower then the allocations is a criteria used for at large. 141 has 8 qualifiers he took 9th.

Looks like Gravina has to wrestle here as well as he's on deck on mat 3. Or are we going to forfeit since he's probably already in?

Last edited:
MVB Not in yet as ABRO pointed out taking one place lower then the allocations is a criteria used for at large. 141 has 8 qualifiers he took 9th.
Yes those are for allocations to the conference. What I meant is an at large bid is he now able to be considered to get one? Pretty much I'm completely confused on why they are wrestling for places past the allocation amounts.

I believe he wrestles Cole Weaver for 9th. Weaver just beat McKenna from Northwestern
OK BTN2go had him listed as taking 9th that's where I got it from. Got it now these are the semi finals for 9th/10th.

Last edited:
From Trackwrestling:

M. Van Brill, . (2-0) - RUT
T. Thorn, . (0-1) - MINN
M. For.

From RU wrestling twitter:

141 | Michael Van Brill wins by MF over No. 6 Tommy Thorn. He'll wrestle No. 7 Cole Weaver (Indiana) for ninth!

Yea hashed that one out already. They show on BTN2Go/ Van Brill 9th. That was code for he's wrestling for 9th not that he took 9th.

My computer didn't update showing all the responses otherwise I wouldn't have posted as the 278th person to tell you he had 1 more match. Ha, sorry.

Reactions: koleszar
He was pinned. Delvecchio had him flat on his back during the scramble.

Hey, Nebraska's having a good tournament up to 6th.

They may be about peaked. I don't see a lot of wins left without some upsets. Did about as good as could be expected. Not their worst team but far from their best this year.

133 | No. 5 Scott DelVecchio drops a 8-5 decision to No. 3 Mitch McKee (Minnesota) in the consolation semifinal. DelVecchio will wrestle for fifth later today.

Lewis down to Marinelli 3-1 end 2nd, Lewis challenging he might have gotten a take down at the buzzer on the edge.

edit- challenge won , now 3-3

First time we beat higher seed. Richie Lewis -yes -
An unusual kid. Little Perrotti like. Hope he holds it together through nationals.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
then teases Bland Brands as he walks off, !!
Yea that cost us a team point. Have no idea what Brands said during the match to provoke that. But knowing Brand's history it was probably something douchey. They have to be saying something during these matches Massa did the same thing after his win. But at this point like you said team points are really inconsequential being in 11th place.

Last edited:
First time we beat higher seed. Richie Lewis -yes -
An unusual kid. Little Perrotti like. Hope he holds it together through nationals.
He will... I kept saying he can beat any wrestler besides maybe imar.. but rewatching his match vs imar... he took him down twice and now I think he CAN beat imar too.. basically RL SAVAGE is in the mix for a national title imo

love it, rl stuck it to big mouth brands.....up yours tommy boy....great match,and credit ritchie for the challenge .....rl looking to become and aa....jersey tough

In the hole:

Mat 1
7th Place Match
Eleazar Deluca, RS Sr 12-11 (Rutgers) vs Steve Bleise, RS Jr 17-7 (Minnesota)

Mat 3
7th Place Match
Jake Short, RS Sr 15-11 (Minnesota) vs John Van Brill, RS Jr 20-11 (Rutgers)

later , Lewis will face Wick, Iowa for 3rd
Lewis' last-second thriller over Iowa's No. 2/2/3 (Intermat/Flo/TOM) Alex Marinelli marked the highest ranked individual victory for a Scarlet Knight this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT