ADVERTISEMENT

Dynamic prices for Ohio State game. Wow.

Just saw that.... Crazy prices....... Seems like alot more than the PSU ones last year

Reactions: Cinco-70
Ahhhhh gotta love the free market! I personally would not pay that for the national championship game...but it's cool that the market can bear such a pricing calculus!

Good thing these games are all on TV!!!

Just from visiting 2x in the first hour....they aren't really moving though. But I am sure a price will be found to sell

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Wow...... I could, but never never would, then be able to sell my three tickets and make about a $500 dollar profit over the price of the entire season.........not factoring in parking and donations, etc....probably would be able to bump up that "profit" with green lot passes in the sale, being sold for multiples of the cost.

Still an interesting situation......

If memory serves it looks a lot like PSU last year. Hard to find 2 seats together in the lower sideline. Most available are 112-116 and top 5 rows in the upper decks. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like a few weeks into the season.

Question: What will have more effect, how RU is playing or how OSU is playing?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Tickets aren't supposed to move fast with dynamic pricing, so if anyone buys tickets at this rate then it is a plus for RU

Yeah, good luck with this pricing. At the same time, its also everyones choice for one home game this season (myself included)

Luck is really not a factor. That's why it's called "dynamic" pricing. It starts high and settles in at where the market determines it should be. This makes a lot of sense to maximize ticket revenues. Last week these same tickets were available to RU season ticket holders for $85 and $100, so RU is also doing right by its most loyal fans.

Just from visiting 2x in the first hour....they aren't really moving though. But I am sure a price will be found to sell
Same as last year.

The thing is - RU is in no rush. They know full well that they can sell them on gameday if they need to - so they will keep the prices as high as they can and see if anyone bites.

Before anyone jumps on me I'm not complaining...I have my tickets.

$550 for a single seat near the 50 in the lower level.

$250 for uppers near midfield.

Good stuff.

Here's the RU link for single game tix:
http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom...pc=&caller=&appCode=&cgc=&prc=&ppc=&psc=&sm=1

RU is smart to capitalize on big game single tix sales.

Only thing that was somewhat shocking was how even almost all premium sideline sections had singles for sale (thought most in the past were sold out by season tix sales).

Reactions: r a c k
I went over to the OSU board to see if there was any discussion on ticket prices. Only post about our game is a board member here trying to sell his tickets and pass for a profit lol.

Reactions: RUsojo
The game will sell out and the stands will be packed like sardines.

RU is smart to charge high for single tickets now as they have given their fans and especially season ticket holders enough time and chances to purchase for this game at lower costs.

Reactions: Rokodesh
The prices for the Maryland game seem kind of high though.

RU may have to lower prices for that one or offer family packs.

The Norfolk game is priced right IMO, plenty of affordable prices.

The prices for the Maryland game seem kind of high though.

RU may have to lower prices for that one or offer family packs.

The Norfolk game is priced right IMO, plenty of affordable prices.
------------------

I had mentioned before, I think we should have had a three game mini plan including Ohio state with the two weakest home games, and factor in dynamic pricing for the package.....make it known that this three game package would get you the best available seats for Ohio state that remained as a temptation to not wait for the single game sales, and do this mini package well before the single game sale.....

you might have had some customers anxious for the Ohio state game pull the trigger for this, it boosts what lagging sales might have been for the weak games, even if they don't show for them, it is nice to announce more sellouts.

Reactions: Scarlet Knut
I went over to the OSU board to see if there was any discussion on ticket prices. Only post about our game is a board member here trying to sell his tickets and pass for a profit lol.

It doesn't take long for some enterprising RU season ticket holders to offer their seats to the competition at inflated prices. There will be plenty more RU fans doing the same as the game date gets closer. OSU fans can afford to bypass these dynamic pricing options and buy directly from RU fans.

RU sold some tickets to the PSU game for $200/pop. End zone tickets for tOSU are 175/180 and for the MSU game are 80. Great stuff for Rutgers. It doesn't close our funding gap, but selling tickets at these prices or encouraging more season ticket sales is great for the school.

I bought some for a buddy at these prices, he didn't want to wait.

God Bless the B1$.

Rutgers full season tickets are still available for $305. Ticket office is at 866-445-4678 and open Monday-Frriday 9:00-5:00.

Reactions: RUwoz
Before anyone jumps on me I'm not complaining...I have my tickets.

$550 for a single seat near the 50 in the lower level.

$250 for uppers near midfield.

Good stuff.
it cost me 110 a seat for upper deck-midfield for Nebraska.....just a matter of time before sports out price itself--all greed--but I still would rather give it to a college team then any pro team

For $550 a ticket I hope RU is throwing in a parking pass and some swag. Maybe even throw in some hoops tickets for Ohio St vs RU if we host this year. Someone will pay $550 a ticket for a couple of tickets but then the next guy may be able to get them for $250 a ticket a month before the game.

Only OSU fans would pay that premium.

But RU fans had opportunities to buy season tickets or the mini plans so they can't complain.

Minis didn't include osu but yeah this is the whole point of dynamic pricing. I have takes for KU, MSU, UMD, and Wazzou, but I'll watch this one from home.

I'm sure they know that for those that pick out 1, maybe 2 home games a year to attend, the OSU game will have a circle on it. Add in the casual NY/NJ college football fan who wants to come see the reigning national champion who has never been to HPSS before and they will sell their share of tickets at the high prices.

Luck is really not a factor. That's why it's called "dynamic" pricing. It starts high and settles in at where the market determines it should be. This makes a lot of sense to maximize ticket revenues. Last week these same tickets were available to RU season ticket holders for $85 and $100, so RU is also doing right by its most loyal fans.

No so, I was told last week that lower corner end zone were available for $125 per for season ticket holders . This was Day 2 for the early Priority Points buyers. I decided to my extra seats on the Upper Sideline on the far ends at $100 per.

I think its great if a game at RU can command those prices--its about time

Count on many RU season ticket holders to sell their OSU tix. I have a buddy who is selling 4 LL on the 30 yard line to offset his season tix cost.

Ahhhhh gotta love the free market! I personally would not pay that for the national championship game...but it's cool that the market can bear such a pricing calculus!

Good thing these games are all on TV!!!

I went to the Oregon-auburn national championship game and tickets were going for 10k on game Day and selling for 5000 before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT